Texas Fishing Forum

Need help with dem bass

Posted By: Kayakfisher123

Need help with dem bass - 09/13/17 09:14 PM

Hello all new to the forum, I went to Amon G Carter this weekend and got skunked. What was awful is that you could hear the fish jumping out of the water eating the top water bugs. I'm new to Texas not that, that is an excuse but someone please help.

I used Watermelon plastic worms, 2 different spinner baits, 2 different minnow looking crank baits, A yellow/black crank bait, Live earthworms on a bobber 4-5 feet down, Live Minnows on a bobber 4-5 feet down.

I cast to the shore with the plastics, i tried keeping them up top, I tried dropping them down to the bottom. I tried around rocks, and in water tree's (there were a ton of them). I found a boat dock that i fished all around. My point is that the environment to me looked perfect to harbor fish but I couldn't get a single one.

I started around 8AM and went until about 1ish pm.

Help..the hell am i doing wrong. I am an ice fisher at heart, drill a hole drop a live minnow a foot off the bottom in the middle of the lake and watch those flags flip so easy.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Need help with dem bass - 09/13/17 09:43 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with Amon G Carter, but don't get too discouraged. This transition time of year from Summer to Fall can be tough sometimes. The fishing will get better soon...another good cool front or two & they'll have the feedbags on.
Posted By: Kayakfisher123

Re: Need help with dem bass - 09/14/17 02:17 AM

Should I change my technique at all, something i'm missing? Maybe a certain bait choice that works well?
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Need help with dem bass - 09/14/17 03:10 AM

Fish are really scattered right now. I've caught them anywhere from 6" to 16' my last couple of trips, but rarely more than a couple from one spot. Sounds like you tried a lot techniques, just haven't been around them or been around them while feeding. As I said previously, it can be a little tough this time of year. Hang tight & keep trying...a couple more cold spells and you should experience some more success.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Need help with dem bass - 09/14/17 03:31 AM

I fished all day Saturday and only got 3 bites, and I fished pretty hard on just about every technique. Went back out around 3 a.m. when the moon was beaming and wore em out. Biggest was 8.57 lbs. Sometimes they bite sometimes they don't. But you will never know unless you get out there. It sounds like were doing everything right and they just weren't biting.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum