Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Amistad Info...

Posted By: burner42

Lake Amistad Info... - 09/09/17 07:10 PM

Heading that way next week, wanted to see if I could get any info before heading out, never fished it before. Places to stay with a boat, fishing advice & recent reports? You can PM me any confidential info and it will remain confidential!
Thanks In Advance!
Myles
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/09/17 07:24 PM

Are you fishing the tournament? popcorn
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/09/17 07:27 PM

Good luck finding a place to stay closer you get to the weekend, SIT will have a bunch of boats.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/09/17 07:34 PM

Permian SIT will be kicking off next Friday for their two day tourn.. Lake will be very crowded. With no motels open out toward the lake and all of River St. Trailers filled; finding a place to stay will be questionable. You might get lucky up the Devils River at Rough Canyon ramp as they have some facilities.

If you are set on going I will be glad to help you when you find a place to stay send me a PM.

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/10/17 05:49 AM

Was not aware of the tourney, [censored]! Reschedule!
Thanks.

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/10/17 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Permian SIT will be kicking off next Friday for their two day tourn.. Lake will be very crowded. With no motels open out toward the lake and all of River St. Trailers filled; finding a place to stay will be questionable. You might get lucky up the Devils River at Rough Canyon ramp as they have some facilities.

If you are set on going I will be glad to help you when you find a place to stay send me a PM.
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Thanks Donald!
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/11/17 02:40 PM

anybody have a headcount on the tourney? Just called and got my room, plenty of availability.
Posted By: squib

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/11/17 02:50 PM

I'm hearing 200. At weighins on this last Saturday, I talked to lots of people who were a little worried about what they will do to find fish next weekend. It has been a little tough to get a good bite. I had a decent day on Saturday but didn't do as well yesterday when the lake slicked off.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/11/17 03:45 PM

Some advice for when you do go... Last time a was out there I caught them anywhere I found grass throwing spinnerbaits and crankbaits. Although a good friend of mine went out more recently and said he had an awesome jig bite fishing bluff walls up the Devils. Good luck
Posted By: DALE W

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/11/17 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Chad Miller
anybody have a headcount on the tourney? Just called and got my room, plenty of availability.
where did you find a place to stay? I'm trying to find a decent place in town.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/12/17 04:56 PM

Contacted Tournament Director expecting 175-200 teams.
Posted By: squib

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/12/17 05:05 PM

I believe there were 5 or 6 tournaments going on there last weekend with a total of about 200 boats. Another 200 this weekend. Why is that no motels out by the lake can stay open? It doesn't appear that Amistad is super seasonal. It is always pretty busy. Is it bad business practices/shoddy management or what?
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Lake Amistad Info... - 09/12/17 05:17 PM

After the Elites came the people came. Once the drought (65ft low) started fishing got extremely difficult anglers stopped coming to the desert, bad business practices, no upkeep they all busted. A few stood and made it home. Look at Falcon now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum