Texas Fishing Forum

conroe

Posted By: mikereils5er

conroe - 09/09/17 04:44 AM

I will be going to the Woodlands in the first month of october for work training. Was thinking about bring a few rods down as well and try and get some greenies. I know its a heavy rec lake but any advice or direction would be awesome. Don't get out of north texas very much so I am looking forward to venturing out!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: conroe - 09/09/17 11:09 AM

The area around the Walden Marina breakwater can be an easily accessible place. Black trick worm seems to be very popular. Both inside the marina and on the outside breakwater can hold fish. The water gets deep quickly there. I've caught fish on shakey head, T-rig & Carolina rigs in the area.

Posted By: Kicker16

Re: conroe - 09/09/17 09:23 PM

Nice ponds to fish all around The Woodlands also.
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: conroe - 09/10/17 02:57 PM

I like that map how did you get that on your phone? Can u get it on computer too?
Posted By: C130

Re: conroe - 09/10/17 10:49 PM

Looks like the Hummingbird FishSmart app. I like it a lot but it's expensive to have to purchase each lake separately.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: conroe - 09/12/17 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: C130
Looks like the Hummingbird FishSmart app. I like it a lot but it's expensive to have to purchase each lake separately.

Correct, it's the Hummingbird Fishsmart app. You have to purchase the maps individually at about $20 a pop.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum