Texas Fishing Forum

Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast...

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 08:20 PM

Everyone has a favorite start time, I know I can't always get there when I want to. How about you guys, or gals.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 09:22 PM

I am at the boat ramp usually 30 minutes prior to safe light, I put in and head to first spot and begin.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
I am at the boat ramp usually 30 minutes prior to safe light, I put in and head to first spot and begin.

+1 but voted for safe light.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 09:36 PM

Whenever I wake up.......lol.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

+1000 ^^^^^ lol
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 10:29 PM

I go anytime I want to get up & go. First cast is whenever-last cast is dusk to 0 dark 30.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 10:40 PM

Me too, traffic and destination have a lot to do with it too. Those days of me getting up at 2am and driving 4 1/2 hours is over with.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Me too, traffic and destination have a lot to do with it too. Those days of me getting up at 2am and driving 4 1/2 hours is over with.

thumb But I will drive two days to get to Mexico's Lake Oviachic.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 11:16 PM

I'm a topwater fanatic so I like to get started right about the time you can see decent but still need running lights to keep you legal.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 11:16 PM

Absolute favorite is about 3:45a.m. all summer in East Texas.
No question.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/07/17 11:22 PM

I don't always make it, but from post spawn thru fall I like to be on the water an hour before any light. I've had enough night trips to experience the level of activity at that time. You will notice this activity die down as boats start launching and running.

But the older I get I find myself in tune with a comment I heard credited to Mark Pack.....the fish don't bite till we get there. dance2
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:19 AM

Light enough to see the shoreline from about 30 yards away.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:35 AM

I feel like I missed out if I'm not there casting at first light! It's my favorite time of the day.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:58 AM

Yeah Kelly, I've heard Pack say that too, when he was late for a trip..
Still love ya Mark.. LOL
Posted By: dallasdawg

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 02:15 AM

I try to be on the water about 30 minutes before sunrise.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 02:27 AM

The last cast is what gets me (fun fishing), I have a lot of "last casts"
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:25 PM

Ok, Ok, THIS will definitely be the last cast!!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

You got that right! I'm just not that mad at em anymore.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 01:55 PM

Its more important to me to get to a ramp before the chaos starts.. so usually I'm there about 30 min before daylight. Most times I am solo, so I don't have to rush to get the boat dumped and can let the dogs swim for a few before we head to our first spot.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Your absolute perfect time of day to make that first cast... - 09/08/17 02:31 PM

If you are going to miss the morning bite, why set an alarm at all? Might as well lollygag around and get there at noon. I like to sleep as much as anyone, but if I am going to go fishing I want to be on my starting spot at first light.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum