Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance spotlight scan transducer ?

Posted By: slim 285

Lowrance spotlight scan transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:18 AM

Got one of these on order with my new graphs. How does this work? What does it display ?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:31 AM

I'm not sure....but dang!!! You bought it and don't even know what it is or does?

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:34 AM

Lol!!! Sounds odd don't it. It came with the package of two HDS 9 - gen2 graphs that Cabelas had bundle together and got for 1800.00 this past weekend.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:42 AM

You can go to YouTube and search for spotlight scan. Lots of issues getting it synced and calibrated up. I've got it and gave up on it.

It's supposed to show an arch in front of you. think of a v shape arch based on where the trolling motor is pointed. If any fish are in the arch it shows them and you can cast to them.

It's like side scan but in front of the boat.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
Lol!!! Sounds odd don't it. It came with the package of two HDS 9 - gen2 graphs that Cabelas had bundle together and got for 1800.00 this past weekend.

Wow! That's a deal just for the two HDS9's!

Is that a sale? Or just a good find?

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 02:59 AM

Its a marked down price and last weekend you could get a extra 10% off.

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
You can go to YouTube and search for spotlight scan. Lots of issues getting it synced and calibrated up. I've got it and gave up on it.

It's supposed to show an arch in front of you. think of a v shape arch based on where the trolling motor is pointed. If any fish are in the arch it shows them and you can cast to them.

It's like side scan but in front of the boat.

Why do think you could never get it dialed? What was Lowrance reply?
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 03:08 AM

Spend some time with it and see what you think. I'll admit all this technology has passed me by and I don't have the patience to keep at it to get it set up right. I wish I got to go fish more often than I do now so I could devote more time to the video game side of it.

Re: Lowrance spotlight transducer ? - 09/07/17 03:11 AM

Well I am right there with KD . I will have to get help getting them setup and maybe some tutorial also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum