Texas Fishing Forum

G Force Conservation Cull System?

Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

G Force Conservation Cull System? - 09/04/17 02:51 PM

I just purchased one of these cull systems. System comes with the standard two hole buoy holder that is designed to be mounted. However, the way my live well lids seem to be designed, if you drill into the sides of the lids, the cords will be in the way of the lid closing, and it appears I will need to use nuts and bolts to lock the holder to the lid. If I drill into the lid, it appears nuts and bolts will be seen on the outside when the lid is closed. If I use tapping screws, the lids are thin enough, I am doubting the screws will hold. I guess I could glue it to the inside of the lid which won't hold, use the sticky tape that is included, which won't hold for long, use Velcro strips, or just allow the buoys and cords to float. None of those options seen to the best idea. Any creative mounting methods that will secure the unit inside the live well top door??

Thank you
Posted By: C130

Re: G Force Conservation Cull System? - 09/04/17 03:19 PM

I used two large zip ties so I didn't have to drill. I have a Bass Cat and just attached it to two of the holes in the livewell divider. It's worked great so far, been using it for about 6 months. Might be an option depending on your boat and live wells.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: G Force Conservation Cull System? - 09/06/17 04:42 PM

Interested in how you like the new cull system? Coach
Posted By: C130

Re: G Force Conservation Cull System? - 09/06/17 05:34 PM

My son and I like it
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: G Force Conservation Cull System? - 09/06/17 06:12 PM

I also run a bass cat. I throw my balance beam behind my middle step box and my cull system floating in my livewell. I have thought about getting an aluminum carabiner to clip all of the hoops to it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum