Texas Fishing Forum

BPS Stick-O > Senko

Posted By: thirtysixit

BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 02:24 AM

Catching fish just as good for a third of the price..... Can I get an Amen?!?!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 02:36 AM

Like some of the unique color options also
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 03:17 AM

Knock offs work good until you get to the heavily pressured places like Fork, then you better bust out the real things.
Posted By: RJF1423

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 10:52 AM

I am a big fan of the Stick-O. I used to use YUM dingers and the big bite baits stick worms but the BPS Sick-O is much better.

Now I will say, I think the GY Senko is still a little better. I don't know why but I seem to still get a few more bites on the GY baits.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 12:34 PM

Has anyone used the Strike King Shim-E-Stick baits?
Posted By: june-bug

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27
Knock offs work good until you get to the heavily pressured places like Fork, then you better bust out the real things.

I know for a fact the knock offs work just as good on Toledo Bend and it has had a ton of pressure the last several years.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TBassYates
Has anyone used the Strike King Shim-E-Stick baits?

They work well also.
I've tested many different brands of stick baits, and the Shim-E-stick has a fast fall relative to many others; but, not much wobble or glide.

Originally Posted by collincountytx
All stick baits thrown on 15lb fluoro on a 2/0 baithook with weedguard. Swivel about 2ft above the hook.

Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27

thumb
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 02:40 PM

Other then them being a lot cheaper and lasting a little longer I haven't noticed any difference between them and the Senko. Plus wasn't the Senko kind of a knock-off of the Slugo?
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/29/17 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
Other then them being a lot cheaper and lasting a little longer I haven't noticed any difference between them and the Senko. Plus wasn't the Senko kind of a knock-off of the Slugo?

It's not even close.

Senko weighs more and has way more action on the fall.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/30/17 12:31 AM

I think a real Senko is the way to go. If a bag of worms costs $2 more than the knock offs, and it can win me money...then $2 is cheap insurance.
Posted By: Cole P

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/30/17 12:48 AM

GY Senko's have inflated prices. Your paying for a brand, and for an inferior worm. They don't "catch bass better", not even on highly pressured lakes, where the hundreds of thousands of bass have "seen every lure". A black bass doesn't know the difference between a GY Senko, a Big Bite Tiki Stik, or a BPS Stik-O.

You can buy x25 packs of Big Bites for $5-$6.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/30/17 12:49 AM

Just add a bullet weight to the cheap ones and catch away! With a weight there's no difference!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
Plus wasn't the Senko kind of a knock-off of the Slugo?

No sir. The original Sluggo is still a great bait but the action is WAY different. The Sluggo is designed to be twitched hard a couple times then allowed to glide to the bottom like an injured minnow. The Zoom Fluke is designed to mimic this action.

The Senko has a unique wobbling action as it falls in a horizontal position weightless.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 09:18 PM

I've thrown and caught fish on many different brands of stick baits, and have a fishing buddy who swears by the Big Bite trick stick. If I'm throwing one on a C rig or a T rig, I'll throw a dinger or a trick stick but weightless... I don't think you can deny that the original senko has a far superior action to the others. If you watch it on the fall, the tail has a subtle side to side wiggle that I don't see in the other brands.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: dmr183
Just add a bullet weight to the cheap ones and catch away! With a weight there's no difference!

Agreed. But without a weight...different story
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 09:44 PM

Spend away what ever you like but fish just ain't that smart.
J D popcorn
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 09:55 PM

The Senko was one of the rare baits not based on another bait etc.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 08/31/17 10:16 PM

Not sure what happened to this guy but he did some good videos to compare baits. This shows why the Yamamoto Senko gets bit better than most knock-offs. Not saying the others won't get bit but you can clearly see the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation...p;v=nH9xdnUXjXM
Posted By: smileyman

Re: BPS Stick-O > Senko - 09/01/17 01:39 AM

That's ole Rob ! he is a local guy and still makes video's all the time , he is one of those famous YouTube guys !
As for worms I tend to buy the Senkos.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum