Texas Fishing Forum

Stutter Step

Posted By: Topwater2

Stutter Step - 08/24/17 12:13 AM

Anyone throwing these? If so, what do you think?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 12:28 AM

I have never used one. I know you can use one on any body of water, but I think it was made with saltwater in mind. I wish I could come across more prime moments to use any topwater lure!
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 12:50 AM

I tried them out for a while and got rid of them. I liked the action but it was like tossing a boulder around. Huge bait and I didn't really care for that
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 01:47 AM

I got one awhile back. Threw it very little. Action seemed good but it just seemed too big for the fish to go after on my home lake. I think they've either come out with or in the process of making a smaller version.
Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 01:53 AM

The Stutter step is a big fish catching machine i absolutely throw it almost as often as I throw a pop r. The 5.0 is a little to big but there's a place and time to throw it especially the fall fred up. They are releasing a 4.0'versuon much smaller and lighter for more accurate casting. But the action I prefer is twitching it at a constant pace. Deadly on points parrellel grass lines and retaining walls. I've caught more 3-6lbrs on this thing than smalls. I believe you do scare a few fish due to the 5.0 size but the ones who do commit are the good ones. The 4.0 will be more of a every size type lure thou. I bought the limited release version and literally didn't put it down for a month during pre spawn and lost it to fish. October time frame is release of the 4.0.
Posted By: aggieman775

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 12:21 PM

I know a guide on lake fork that has caught a bunch of big fish on them. I bought one the other day but have not been able to try it yet. Excited to get out there though.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 04:31 PM

I pre-ordered the 4" but I think I'll get the 5" due to the fact that we fishing Amistad in a couple of weeks. I'm going to put the Yellow Magic at rest.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Stutter Step - 08/24/17 05:07 PM

LOL, I have several of them but haven't thrown a single one yet. I just have too much tackle.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum