Texas Fishing Forum

Buffalo springs lake

Posted By: Snail

Buffalo springs lake - 08/23/17 04:50 PM

Has anyone fished buffalo springs lake in Lubbock Texas? I have to travel up that way coming up and trying to see if it's worth dragging the boat 7 hrs away for it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: Buffalo springs lake - 08/23/17 05:05 PM

It has some chunky bass in it. BUT..... it will cost you like 30 bucks to fish it with 2 people. I REFUSE TO PAY THAT! It's by far the most overpriced garbage hole to fish in Texas. That being said you can catch fish...
Posted By: Snail

Re: Buffalo springs lake - 08/23/17 05:12 PM

So I assume it has one ramp and that the launch fee? or do you have to get a permit to fish? Are there any other public lakes close to go.
Posted By: 1961Yaloo

Re: Buffalo springs lake - 08/23/17 05:32 PM

Alan Henry in Post is a better bet. There is also White River in Crosbyton but it has been low for a long time.
Posted By: PhotonSlinger

Re: Buffalo springs lake - 08/24/17 12:45 AM

Drive south to alan henry, about 60 miles from lubbock. I dont think you will regret it even if you dont catch a thing. City of lubbock has website with lake fees and google the fishing report. Also some good videos on youtube of some of our very own members pulling some huge bass out of there.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Buffalo springs lake - 08/24/17 04:21 AM

I would agree, go to AH and you would be better off. It is EXPENSIVE to just enter Buffalo Springs. Went to see my god daughter win a triathlon out there and it cost $12 to just ENTER the park, no boat, no rods no nothing but me and a canteen of water. If you need help with AH, PM me and I can give some suggestions, I run the Working Man's T's out there. Some GOOD fish have been being caught this summer, several 6's and 5's and 4's. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum