Texas Fishing Forum

Swim jig trailer

Posted By: Ripinlip

Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 07:21 PM

I'm new to jig fishing I have been using rage speed craws and beaver style baits on my flipping jigs and they seem to work well so I just got a bunch of new swim jigs and was wondering what to use for a trailer on these or to use one at all? Any help would be appreciated
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 07:47 PM

I like a Skinny Dipper, a Rage Craw, Rage Craw Jr., Zoom Speed Craw and Zoom Ultravibe craw.
Posted By: CrankinStick aka Chadd

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 07:50 PM

I also use all the baits mentioned above. Speed craws and small swimbait a work best.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 07:59 PM

There are thousands of options; everything from single tail grubs to double tail tralers to swim baits and paddle tail worms to craws and other creatures. Quit now while you're ahead.

I'd start by keeping it simple
Sounds like you have confidence in Rage Craws and Speed craws. Start by using those: Pearl color to imitate shad and green pumpkin for blue gills. You might find that taking off one of the craws seems to work better at times.

Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 08:09 PM

Double Z Baby Swayback Swimmers (more often than the larger size Swayback Swimmer) & Mister Twister Buzz Bugs
Posted By: cadman

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 08:11 PM

NetBait Paca Chunks or Paca Craws work really well also. They are less expensive than Rage Tails
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 08:13 PM

Rage Craws are solid swimjig trailers. The Strike King Menace Grub and Zoom Speed Craws are great for when you need to downsize.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 08:17 PM

I don't like the hook to be too full of plastic. I use the swim tail worms and small body swim tail plastics. Sometimes they want the twin tails on cloudy and rainy days.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 08:29 PM

I use two setups when they want it slow I use a Rage Craw and when they want it fast I use the Menace.
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 09:44 PM

I use three different ones. Swimming Caffeine Shad, Rage Craw, and I just started using the Strike King Menace
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I like a Skinny Dipper, a Rage Craw, Rage Craw Jr., Zoom Speed Craw and Zoom Ultravibe craw.

Nailed it!

I like the Skinny Dipper for imitating shad or bluegill, and I like a Rage Craw or Speed Craw for imitating a craw.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/22/17 11:45 PM

Super chunk and pro chunk always have a place for me as well as almost all baits mentioned above
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/23/17 02:14 AM

I like a pearl white skinny dipper.
Posted By: Jusbassin

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/23/17 01:13 PM

Rage craw jr. and BPS speed shad .
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Swim jig trailer - 08/23/17 01:30 PM

Depending on how I'm fishing it
RI-Skinny Dipper for swimming
Rage Craw for hopping
Posted By: Mike Keenan