Texas Fishing Forum

Guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing

Posted By: SK1

Guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:04 PM

Okay so I'm fishing Lake Fork yesterday I'm fishing in a pocket about two miles from minnow bucket and Oak Ridge Marina and a guy comes running down into the pocket wide open so when he comes off plane I tell him hey man you might want to idle in this pocket because there's a lot of stumps just under the surface. I figured maybe the guy didn't know where he was or didn't know the lake to good .Guy looks at me like I'm stupid and never said a word so I go back to fishing. 20 minutes later the guy takes off again this time he gets about 30 yards and I hear a sound I never ever want to hear come from a bass boat again his motor revs up high and he stops.He trims the motor up and the whole lower unit is gone prop skeg and all, so he gets on the phone and called somebody,few minutes later I just idled pass him and just shook my head. What an idiot. Why are people so stupid. I would have towed him back to the marina but I have no tolerance for stupidity. Guy was in a a white FX 21 Skeeter. Hope he learned his lesson but he probably didn't.Was I wrong for not helping him?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SK1
Was I wrong for not helping him?

Yes. Even idiots deserve help when needed on the water. Did he wave you down and you just drove by? If so, that's even worse.

Exactly what did he do to you to deserve the ire, other than not heeding a sound warning? Did he tell you to flip off or something?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:12 PM

I see this stuff all the time but 99% of it is on Fork. It's like a race track on the weekends with newbies hell bent for leather and no place to go. That's the reason I quit going on the weekends. Long as his boat was floating and he's not in danger leave his a$$ there. I'd like to hear his explanation to his insurance agent, lol.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I see this stuff all the time but 99% of it is on Fork. It's like a race track on the weekends with newbies hell bent for leather and no place to go. That's the reason I quit going on the weekends. Long as his boat was floating and he's not in danger leave his a$$ there. I'd like to hear his explanation to his insurance agent, lol.

"Was running up the lake and hit a stump. No,I did not know it was there." - pretty much the context of an insurance claim. It's not rocket science and their job is to pay the claim.

And yes, you probably should have offered to help. Being a d**k because some else was just means there are 2 d**ks on the water.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:26 PM

I would of offered to help him out but can understand why you didn't.
Posted By: SK1

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:37 PM

Btw,I did have a decent day of fishing.Fished from Sun up til about 4pm and caught 10,none over the slot but did have 4 that were in the 5 to 6lb range.Quality of fish in Fork never ceases to amaze me,especially with the pressure that lake gets. And yes I could've helped the guy,oh wait I did by giving him sound advice about where he was.If he chose to ignore me that was on him.Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:44 PM

That's funny.did you do any good
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 07:44 PM

He might not have heard the warning . Either way should have offered assistance just saying
J D flag
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 08:01 PM

Guys a jerk. Why help him.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 08:03 PM

I would habe offered to help but it would have came with a "I guess you will listen next time".
Posted By: P_102

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 08:05 PM

Yep, should have offered help. What looks like a 'stewpid look' to you could mean something entirely different to him or others. My hearing sucks and I'm sure I probably give some strange looks to people at times. P_102

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

"Was running up the lake and hit a stump. No,I did not know it was there." - pretty much the context of an insurance claim. It's not rocket science and their job is to pay the claim.

And yes, you probably should have offered to help. Being a d**k because some else was just means there are 2 d**ks on the water.

Oh, so it's ok to lie to your insurance company about how it happened even though he was warned and neglected the warning. Yep there's 2 d**k's here but the guy who warned him ain't one of them.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 08:17 PM

Should have ask him if he needed a tow or got a hold of somebody to come help. Just good karma or whatever you wanna call it to extend even thought the guy may be jack wagon.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

Oh, so it's ok to lie to your insurance company about how it happened even though he was warned and neglected the warning. Yep there's 2 d**k's here but the guy who warned him ain't one of them.

You just asked aabout the conversation...
And who knows if the guy actually heard the warning. I have a hard time hearing the guy in the back of my boat.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 09:47 PM

Inflicting humility can move mountains... lol
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 10:06 PM

He has a trolling motor. I've broken down and trolled that far before. Not like he was stuck and couldn't get back.
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 10:08 PM

However it went down, leaving someone stranded on the water without offering to help is just plain wrong, weather they want or accept that help is another matter. If your thought process was to spite the guy by not offering help in hopes of teaching him a lesson you probably failed.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 10:13 PM

Always be the better person in a bad situation. Offer help.
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 10:35 PM

Pain in the butt to interrupt your day because somebody doesn't know what they are doing but probably the right thing to do.

Question: Is that considered a boating accident? It's against the law to not stop and render aid for a boating accident.

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
He has a trolling motor. I've broken down and trolled that far before. Not like he was stuck and couldn't get back.

Agree and he was on the phone as the guy went by and didn't wave him down so he must have had help coming and wasn't in distress. Best way to learn a lesson is the hard way and he's learning. How come the man who tried to warn him becomes the ahole. No doubt in my mind if the dude needed and ask for help he would have got it.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: tejasbass
Pain in the butt to interrupt your day because somebody doesn't know what they are doing but probably the right thing to do.

Question: Is that considered a boating accident? It's against the law to not stop and render aid for a boating accident.

+1
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 11:15 PM

Bad behavior dont get rewarded in my book. Unless it was a life threatening situation, I would sleep good.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Bleeping idiot guy looks at me like I'm stupid so I go back to fishing - 08/19/17 11:28 PM

He had a cell phone....weather was fine.....no need to risk damaging your boat towing out an obvious Elite Pro....his sponsors will be there quick.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum