Texas Fishing Forum

What am I looking (again)

Posted By: Garett

What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 02:59 PM

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 03:02 PM

Bass feeding under a giant school of bait?
Posted By: Garett

Re: What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 03:05 PM

My lowrance looked like this for 50 yards
Posted By: Rog

Re: What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 06:12 PM

Looks like a large school of bait. Depending on the lake could be suspended stuff from all the rain. Saw similar on Fork a while back after the big rain that brought the lake up from drought low. Tons of grass, mud and other stuff got suspended for a bit. So bad it plugged my spedo pick up. I am guessing you don't have downscan? I run both side by side at times to see a better pic of what sonar shows. Here's my new 9 i just installed and still messing with settings. Not sure I like the total scan over the lss2....

Re: What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 06:33 PM

Also try these settings. Amplitude scope off, pallet 13, surface clarity off, noise reduction off, sensitivity leave on auto but run down to -4, ping speed 16-18. I have had best results on my units on sonar with those. Also make sure you have freshwater or shallow water selected versus general use. I spent hours watching you tube and trying things on the water. I realize there is personal preferences but try those and see what you think. I recall you like the scope to see drop shot under the ducer. With those you can see it fall to the bottom and bounce up off the bottom on the screen with out the scope on giving you back more display screen.

Re: What am I looking (again) - 08/19/17 06:50 PM

One last thing. There may be a couple small fish feeding under the school, horizontal lines. But not enough to make me fish that specific school. Although I would check out that area to see if I could find a place hump brushpile that intersects and fish are feeding. You want to find balls of shad and/or breaks in that big school where predators are feeding. They will break off smaller schools and they will ball up when something is feeding on them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum