Texas Fishing Forum

Running Lake Quitman??

Posted By: JBellZX250

Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 05:14 PM

Trying to make it to more small Wood Co. lakes while Fork fishing is slower. Anyone have tips or hazards for running Lake Quitman? Also what seems to be the best pattern?

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 06:29 PM

Pretty much safe to run open water until you get to the island. I would run any around it or past it at more than idle.
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 06:30 PM

I would hit up Winnsboro or Hawkins over Quitman any day though. That's just my opinion of course.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 06:54 PM

Go to Holbrook, Gilmer is about 30-45 minutes from Fork but worth the drive. Good Luck.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Deputy T
Pretty much safe to run open water until you get to the island. I would run any around it or past it at more than idle.
Pretty much sums it up. You can run from the ramp all the way around both sides as long you stay in the middle. I would idle around the island and anywhere non main lake if you've never been. Good little lake at times! Docks are main pattern for me but gotta find the right ones
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Deputy T
I would hit up Winnsboro or Hawkins over Quitman any day though. That's just my opinion of course.

Good advice here. You can run up in shallow water in a heart beat on Quitman plus the water will be like pea soup after this rain. Holcomb wouldn't be bad either.
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/17/17 09:34 PM

I hate that lake. I'd go to Winnsboro
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Running Lake Quitman?? - 08/18/17 01:16 AM

If you can fit through culvert where road crosses in back off the one cove there is grass shallow company no off the bank. I don't fit, first time for everything! Skipping baits under docks and can fish stumps in coves early or late
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum