Texas Fishing Forum

What am I looking at??

Posted By: Garett

What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 02:15 AM

My lowrance looked like this all day. Fished 6 hours and caught 4 fish. Tried flipping, worms, chatterbait, crankbaits, nothing would bite.

Posted By: Kicker16

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 02:20 AM

All's I see is little black boxes with an X in them. I that's what you looking at take the Lowrance back
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 02:23 AM

Looks like a link to Youtube.

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 02:59 AM

Just an image uploaded from my phone.. I'll try again haha

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 01:41 PM

FIXED**

Posted By: bigbass94

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 02:43 PM

First pic: bubbles flowing up to the surface with catfish or gar suspending near them? Maybe?
Second pic: looks like your sensitivity needs to be turned up a little bit. Looks like catfish or gar.

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 05:17 PM

I was wondering if it was bubbles, but I saw another post here recently that had similar pictures and people were saying it could be stacked sandbass
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 05:21 PM

Looks like you have found those ever elusive submarine races from back in the day. grin
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/14/17 08:14 PM

N. Korea nuclear submarines...
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/15/17 05:32 AM

Take it you did not catch anything in that area? Troll a rattle trap or even better a medium to deep diving crankbait. If using crankbait make sure it will get to depth you plan to troll. Also adjust amount of line until it is ticking the bottom meaning will feel it bump bottom and then should feel it vibrate/swim then bump bottom. By trolling and looking at sonar and contour map you will get a better idea of what fish look like and how the different types of fish position in water column and on structure like pionts and humps. Crankbaits will catch anything that swims. Bass, sand bass, hybrids, striper, crappie, catfish, gar, drum, carp.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/15/17 12:09 PM

If I'm not sure I will troll through the area , no action then I move on .
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/15/17 04:29 PM

Bump the sensitivity up and get rid of that amplitute scope thumb
Posted By: stringwise

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/16/17 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
Bump the sensitivity up and get rid of that amplitute scope thumb

I always have mine on but doesn't seem to be as wide. I prefer it for any vertical fishing technique. I don't care for other techniques but my default is on.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/16/17 06:49 PM

Your first picture is similar to what I posted a few weeks back. I also
posted it over at BBC Lowrance forum and the concensus was bubbles also.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: What am I looking at?? - 08/17/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Garett
FIXED**

The streaks going from left to right in the top pic are bubbles. But, the horizontal lines in both photos are some kind of fish. If it were a bigger fish there would be more yellow in the arch with that color. Or your sensitivity is set low, because those are pretty good size "blobs". But, graphing in that shallow of water isn't as accurate as 12ft+
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum