Texas Fishing Forum

Dobyns Fury Rods

Posted By: jkowalkowski3

Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/13/17 05:39 PM

A couple of questions:

General feelings/reviews about the rods?
Are there any better rods at this price point?
What size crank baits do you throw on the 705cb, and what rod can you use to throw deep cranks?

Thanks!
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/13/17 06:07 PM

At that price point, there isn't anything else I would consider. I have extremes, champs, and Furys....I use all of them.

705cb Fury I throw top water...YM...Vixens....cranks up to 6th Sense 300DD
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/13/17 06:17 PM

I agree, GREAT rods for the price point. I haven't thrown a 10XD on a Fury 705 CB, but everything else seems to work on it. I do not have any 8XDs, so that might be a stretch on them. Don not know. It is rated for baits from 1/4 oz to 1 oz, so it handles MOST of the deep divers very well. GREAT topwater rod and jerkbait rod, too. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: jkowalkowski3

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/13/17 06:46 PM

Thanks guys,that helps alot!
Posted By: RngrMac

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/13/17 11:50 PM

The 705 is my go to on square bills and rattle traps. It'll handle up to the 6xd with ease. Best rod out there at that price. I've used every model of the fury and love them.

Mac
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/14/17 01:46 AM

The only one that comes to mind for me is the Powell Inferno in that price point. I bought a couple of Powell Max 3-D 705 cranking rods @ that price point (online) and really like them.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/14/17 03:08 AM

I like the 704 for Sqbills. Most of the answers are personal perferance, as mine is. Getting into longer lengths, and power ratings is a must for big CB's imo for comfort.. I really don't like to throw big crank baits, but their success speaks for its self...
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/14/17 10:59 PM

I wouldn't wipe my arse with a Powell. I hate their junk
The fury is one of the best rods out there in that price point.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/14/17 11:26 PM

I have quite a few Powell rods and have never had a problem with them. The older Max series are my favorites. Sorry to hear you didn't like them. Mine work just as well as any of my Dobyns rods. Some I like better.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/14/17 11:37 PM

Ditto on the Fury rods. I have a 733c that I use for swim jigs, spinnerbaits, lipless cranks and weightless worms. Launches and handles them all with flying colors. Keeps fish pinned, is balanced, sensitive and light weight. For the money I haven't fished with a better rod. I have a few Champions and a Champion Extreme and I'm a Dobyns customer for life because of the quality.
Posted By: Bassfisher6704

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/15/17 02:42 AM

I have 4 of the fury rods. They are all awesome. I love the 705 for my crankbaits and traps, you cant go wrong with these rods for the price. I have used a lot of other rods at this price point and nothing really compares to the fury or any of the other Dobyns.
Get ya a Dobyns
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/15/17 12:39 PM

I have a 705 in both Dobyns and Powell. I have to say I have put that Powell through hell, caught more fish on it than I have my Dobyns. But then again I use my Powell for squarebills and my Dobyns for traps, yellow magics and jerkbaits.

But my go to rod for 5 and 6XD's is my 805 which I love dearly. Not saying you can't use the 705 for them, I just think the 805 does a much better job. Plus my Dobyns 705 is at Fishing World right now getting replaced due to it breaking.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Dobyns Fury Rods - 08/15/17 06:37 PM

I also have a few fury rods and love them, but for cranking i went ahead and spent the extra money and bought the champion 805 and 765. Can find them in classified section from time to time for a good deal.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum