Texas Fishing Forum

What would you do?

Posted By: rut-roe

What would you do? - 08/13/17 03:17 AM

Fished Toledo today was fishing deep water drop was doing alright till guy fishing bank with 2 young men in boat saw me catch couple then with trolling motor on high came and got right on top of me I could of threw my bait in his boat then he just set right in front of me where I was throwing. I didn't say a word to him but I can say it was hard biting my tongue. Wonding what some of y'all would of done. What happen to respect for other people .
Posted By: crankn101

Re: What would you do? - 08/13/17 03:26 AM

Bro! I'm fishing right there, swing around that way. Pointing in a direction I'm not going to fish
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: What would you do? - 08/13/17 04:57 AM

I keep a digital camera on board and start taking pictures of the TX numbers. You would be surprised at how good of manners they get when you start doing that. Not worth a confrontation, so you might have to leave and let him figure them out, probably can't, though. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 03:04 AM

I would've hit him with my lures
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 03:38 PM

I've had that happen to me before. Casted my spinner bait right next to his foot. He left, and it might have been the wrong thing to do, but I was so mad.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 03:40 PM

We have at least 52 of these stories/year. I'd have done what you did.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 03:47 PM

Whopper plopper arial attack!
Posted By: Hookem

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 03:49 PM

I'd keep on catching.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 04:01 PM

I probably would have kept fishing like he was not there as well as say something to him on cutting me off if he truly was too close.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 04:06 PM

I'm with Mark - I usually keep fishing like he's not there. I've said something to folks before, but I just try to be polite.

This is a rare occurrence for me as I'm not usually the one catching fish when others aren't. I have been on the other side though. If I have my daughter in the boat, I have been prone to fishing a bent pole pattern on sand bass if I see some other folks get into a school of them. But I try to keep my distance at a respectable level even if we're fishing the same general area.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 04:44 PM

Nuke em boxing
Posted By: rut-roe

Re: What would you do? - 08/14/17 05:38 PM

Mark that's exactly what I did just kept fishing and yes he was so close I could of pitched my bait in his boat but I'm not one that likes to start problems and I knew if I opened my mouth something would of came out that wouldn't be nice and them my whole trip would of been over . I just enjoy fishing and wouldn't had a problem if he would of asked if I minded them fishing so close.
Posted By: TrailHand

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 03:02 AM

I've pitched the bait against their boat before, but my favorite is to fire up the big motor and doughnut out of there, spoiling it and leaving the area.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 12:17 PM

Harassment of another fisherman is against the law. Don't stoop to their level.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 12:34 PM

I have honed my patience skills on potlickers by sandbass fishing, if you can make it and remain calm during a boat parade assault, one boat with a couple of dudes will be a cake walk. You are in control of you. If you do not like it , best option is to leave quietly thumb peep
Posted By: 361V

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 12:38 PM

Being rude ain't against the law. Ignore stupidity & go on w/your life. Get emotionally invested in what everyone else does and they "won". Control what YOU can control and take the higher road. :-)
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 01:43 PM

They probably hadn't caught a bass in months, maybe ever, I'd have probably thrown them a couple of whatever lures you were using and said "here try these" and left. That lake has bass everywhere and you're probably good enough to find'em elsewhere.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
They probably hadn't caught a bass in months, maybe ever, I'd have probably thrown them a couple of whatever lures you were using and said "here try these" and left. That lake has bass everywhere and you're probably good enough to find'em elsewhere.
I wish I was as nice as you... But I'm not flame
Posted By: T Bird

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 02:55 PM

I would have sure as hell said a bunch of somethings to him.

No excuses or justified explanations for his actions!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: T-racer
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I wish I was as nice as you... But I'm not flame

Yeah you are you just don't want to admit it. smile
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 04:19 PM

throw rod in rod box. slam the lid hard. pick up the trolling motor and slam it down. Put life jacket on, Fire up big engine let it run for a minute while I get a drink from the cooler, then point my boat in opposite direction and take off.
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: What would you do? - 08/21/17 06:41 PM

20-25 years this would have been a rare occasion but sadly to say it happens nearly everytime I hit the water these days. I was once thrown out of my boat by a large wake from a ski boat who ran within 10 feet of me. My boat has been swamped multiple times. Fishing spots ruined. People casting over my line from another boat etc. Just like Austin and San Antonio traffic, people learn from another's bad habits. If they are not corrected this bad behavior will continue, and eventually cause conflict on the water. Sadly not every boater reads magazines, or other online media where they "MIGHT" learn there is an etiquette which we all should learn and follow. Thinking back, it has been a while since I have seen any writings on boating/fishing etiquette.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum