Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano Chronarch Mgl

Posted By: TxPanhandle

Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/12/17 02:45 PM

I am buying a new reel. I am thinking about buying a Shimano Chronarch MGL. My question is the Chronarch worth the hundred dollars over the price of a Curado or lower priced Shimano reel. I own 3 lower priced shimano reels and they are really good reels. The reason for the question is I use Lews reels also and I have three of the 99.00 speed spools which work really well and one BB1 reel which doesn't seem to work as good as the lower priced reels. I don't want to spend the extra money and the Chronarch not be that much better than the lower priced reel
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/12/17 06:30 PM

I would buy the Chronarch.
Posted By: perrypogue

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/12/17 06:46 PM

I'm still using the 5 Shimano Chronarch 50 MG's that I bought off Ebay after the reel was already discontinued. These are by far the smoothest and best casting reels I own.
Posted By: Atta

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/12/17 10:02 PM

Buy a curado K on eBay or a mentaniun. Metaniums are 100 time better than any chronarch and you can find them on eBay (or used at TW) for around 330-340. It is well worth the extra money to get the metanium. The curado K has been very nice so far
Posted By: logan.chadwell

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/12/17 11:52 PM

My buddy has a chronarch mgl and has returned it. He used it 3 times and two of the 3 times it was in fresh water and the third time it was in saltwater (not recommended) and that did it... broken. The older chronarch is much better for both kinds of water.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/13/17 12:34 AM

I have a bunch of Chronarch MgL's and I absolutely love them. Shimano did a great job with those reels. So much better than the Ci4+ Chronarch's.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Shimano Chronarch Mgl - 08/13/17 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
I have a bunch of Chronarch MgL's and I absolutely love them. Shimano did a great job with those reels. So much better than the Ci4+ Chronarch's.

Yup
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum