Texas Fishing Forum

Speaking of ultrex

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 01:36 AM

Are the mounts on the ultrex and the fortrex the same? If so can you buy just strictly the motor and intexrchange it on the fortrex mount and set up. I'm assuming it might be a little cheaper way to do it.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 01:40 AM

I don't think you can put an Ultrex on a Fortrex bracket but do believe you can put a Fortex on the Ultrex bracket
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
I don't think you can put an Ultrex on a Fortrex bracket but do believe you can put a Fortex on the Ultrex bracket

Correct info.
Posted By: stxrippinlips1

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 02:02 AM

+1

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 02:04 AM

I hope you altrex doesn't have the dreaded frozen foot pedal like mine does! Used it for 5 mins and now the foot pedal is very hard to turn the trolling motor! The board on the foot pedal is the culprit, getting another one shipped to me with the updated board for the foot pedal!
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
thumb
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 10:30 AM

I have the frozen foot pedal as well, been waiting 3 weeks for my replacement to ship. Been getting a lot more practice with the remote though.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 07:26 PM

Wow. Do they not have a QC department at MK? Seems like they are pushing [censored] out the door just to generate revenue!
Ps! Can't wait to get mine!!
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/01/17 07:30 PM

Mine worked great until about 3 weeks ago on a trip to AR. The foot pedal froze up on day 2 of a 5 day trip and I called MK while on the water, they had me check on connection (which I had already checked) and said "sorry for the inconvenience we will ship a new one please just return this one after you get the new on". They did mention that they are not really working on them right now and are basically just replacing if they have issues. I though it was great customer service, of course I havent received the new one yet so that may change if I have to wait too much longer.
Posted By: Kenja

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 12:54 AM

Hope mine holds up. just installed last week!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 01:54 AM

Mine works just fine. Fantastic trolling motor.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 01:46 PM

My buddy had this happen, they shipped him a new one with a postage paid slip to send the old one back to them. So the remote will work if this happens ? That is good to know.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
My buddy had this happen, they shipped him a new one with a postage paid slip to send the old one back to them. So the remote will work if this happens ? That is good to know.

Yup remote will work

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 02:40 PM

+1
Posted By: snickers

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 02:50 PM

So if the remote interchanges can I move my buddy off his spot while he is digging in his rod box from a couple hundred feet away
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 03:03 PM

have had mine on the water 4times now and it lives up to the hype!
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/02/17 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
So if the remote interchanges can I move my buddy off his spot while he is digging in his rod box from a couple hundred feet away

Download the iphone app and you can do it from anywhere in the world using satellite!!
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/03/17 09:52 PM

Mine didn't work right out of the box!!!! Really pissed off... Spend 2400.00 and it won't work as soon as you get it. Now I'm having to wait for factory to ship new "boards" to all the service centers so they can replace all these BAD "boards" inside the pedals. This is horrible Quality Management.

Appears this is a supplier issue and the supplier has delivered a lot of bad components to Minn Kota. Because I retired from Supplier Quality Management in the Aerospace industry, I asked Minn Kota rep to send my info to QA management so I can go to work for them and utilize my skills in detecting, preventing and resolving such discrepancies.

So... waiting for Minn Kota to ship new boards!!!!! bang

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/03/17 10:02 PM

I bet MK is about ready to choke the life out of the suppliers!! Damn shame!!
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/03/17 10:08 PM

Man, I'm glad I got mine a ways back. Sounds like the issues have been on the more recent purchases.

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/03/17 10:20 PM

I was told in the beginning to wait about 6 months because there were issues that aren't being publicized. Seems there's been issues all along! Hopefully, they are coming to a close and I can buy mine! I'm jonesin for spot lock!!!! Bad!! I want one now!! Lol!
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/04/17 11:08 AM

Haven't had a single issue with mine.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/04/17 11:43 AM

I got one early and have had no issues at all, a few of my friends held out and waited and two of them have had issues with the board but MK stepped up very quick.

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/04/17 08:42 PM

I have a o say minnkota customer service is great! I just received my replacement ultrex with the updated foot pedal! I talked to a manager and got my whole unit replaced in one week, with the new board in the foot pedal! They even overnighted it from the factory to my house! All I have to say is awsum!
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/05/17 09:38 PM

I ordered mine from the factory store... they said I could package mine up and send it to them and they would send me a new one. Really? After I installed it and threw away the boxes, I am supposed to uninstall it, package it back up and they would send me a new one... shameful! I'm not happy with Minn Kota. Now I'm having to wait until a service center receives the new "boards" and then they will call me to set up a time to have it replaced... Not good.

They should send me a new one, and I'll package this useless unit back in that box and send it back to them. Guess I need to call a manager!

I've never had a Minn kota until my latest Legend... Always Motorguide! The Fortrex is noisy and interferes with my Humminbird. But I thought I would go with a NEW Ultrex for the Spot Lock feature. I've had two MK's and both have been nothing but problems.
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Speaking of ultrex - 08/05/17 09:57 PM

Maybe the board and pedal problems and their fixes are the reason for the nationwide backorder everywhere for the Ultrex.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum