Texas Fishing Forum

Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid

Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/27/17 03:58 PM

I was thinking about trying this in my tilt/trim on my Yamaha. It has a leaky seal and I don't have the time/cash to put it in the shop right now.

Might it work for a while?
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/27/17 04:09 PM

I put some in a vehicle jack and it started working after 3-4 days.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/27/17 05:28 PM

Buy some blue devil hydraulic stop leak. Thank me later.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/27/17 05:55 PM

I was looking at that one as well. It has a lot of great reviews.
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/27/17 08:21 PM

sorry to hijack ...My jackplate hydraulics leak and i have to frequently refil the pump. due to the angle of the mounted pump, it is very challenging to fill it without dumping a ton of fluid. Do they make something to make this easier. I was thinking something like the design of bearing buddies where i can just plug a hose into the cap and pump in fluid. I am going to try the stop leak stuff
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/28/17 12:29 AM

You can buy a kit with a spanner wrench.if you got time to pour a bottle of oil you got time to fix it.

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/28/17 01:38 AM

parts 40 bucks. Cheapest spanner wrench I saw was over a hundred. Or you could pour 2 ounces of the blue devil and be done. It's held up for 6 months so far.

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/28/17 01:39 AM

Money back guarantee, B-rad.
Posted By: TrailHand

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/28/17 04:13 AM

My spanner wrench was only 60 bucks IIRC. They're 57 now. You want the "Old stock" ones. Just pick the right one for your engine.

http://marinetechtools.com/professional-marine-tools/trim-tilt-wrenches/yamaha.html
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Lucas stop leak hydraulic fluid - 07/28/17 05:36 AM

Hell I think most auto parts stores will loan you a spanner with a small deposit. I made one with two 1/4" X 1/2" pieces of flat bar and spot welded 1/4" sculpted round bar into the backside of drilled holes. If its leaking out the top seal it takes less than 10 min's to change out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum