Texas Fishing Forum

Curado K?

Posted By: Tree_Fish

Curado K? - 07/26/17 02:28 AM

Anyone laid hands on one yet? The "reviews" seem promising but I seem to recall that being the case for the last few models as well. Still fishing my e7's, hoping this'll be the year shimano gets it right again.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 02:40 AM

In my opinion Shimano messed up by changing the Curado all the time. Find a good platform and stick with it.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 03:00 AM

My favorite reel was the Shimano Core 51 mg....
I still have 5 of them and they still work great. I can throw small light baits with accuracy on one and heavy football jigs with the same accuracy on another.
Best reel they ever made in my opinion....
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 03:22 AM

I've handled one, and will tell you, it's the best Curado to date thumb
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Tree_Fish
Anyone laid hands on one yet? The "reviews" seem promising but I seem to recall that being the case for the last few models as well. Still fishing my e7's, hoping this'll be the year shimano gets it right again.

yea im with you. i own 17 of the e curados. the only way to improve on it imo is to make it a little more ergonomic. never had any problems out of them . but im still gonna look at the new ones.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 01:16 PM

Time will tell. Early reviews on the Curado I series said it was the best Curado ever also, but they turned out to be very noisy after using them a while.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Time will tell. Early reviews on the Curado I series said it was the best Curado ever also, but they turned out to be very noisy after using them a while.

Naw, not this reel, I hear ya on the I series, but improper maintenance caused most of the issues with that reel. The K is a completely different animal. If you close your eyes, you wouldn't know what's in your hand, it's very smooth out of the box, looks great, and palms excellent. Southwestern Parts have/had them in stock. For those of you on the fence, jump, you will be very happy.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 02:34 PM

I have the 6.2's and 7.4

Better than before, no doubt! I wish they bring back the Core! Best reel ever made in my opinion.
Posted By: Tree_Fish

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:22 PM

Those of you that have em, what do you think of the brake system? Saw somewhere it's the same system they put on the aldebran. Definitely sounds like it's got the right features, still afraid to preorder though. Where are you fellas already finding them in stock?

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:26 PM

Southwestern Parts in Dallas has them in stock.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:44 PM

Most new reels always get hyped though and feel great out of the box... I'll be convinced when they've been put through the torture that I've put my E series through for 6 years and never had a single issue despite never cleaning or lubing them. I might try one someday, but there's absolutely no reason for me to stop using my E's.

I could pick up a G or I series Curado and immediately tell it was cheap compared to the E series. I hope they improved this one.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:52 PM

I was just able to find a group of 10 brand new in box Shimano Curado e7's. Those new K's look awesome but for me those green e7's are the best they have made since I have been fishing. Tried and true and these are brand new.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:55 PM

I would love to see the core come back. I try to buy them anytime I see one for sale, I think I have 15/16 now. It is just one of those reels that fits perfectly in my hand.

Curados E is the only one I have in that family. My son has an "I" but it wont last him long, has about 3 months left on a 1 year replacement policy through Gander Mountain too just for that extra kick to the nuts.

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
I was just able to find a group of 10 brand new in box Shimano Curado e7's.

Dang, where did you manage that?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Tree_Fish
Those of you that have em, what do you think of the brake system? Saw somewhere it's the same system they put on the aldebran. Definitely sounds like it's got the right features, still afraid to preorder though. Where are you fellas already finding them in stock?

Fishin World off Lovers Lane in Dallas had about 8 or so left the other day when I was in there.

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly

I made a comment on a post about a month ago about wanting them. A guy that works for a local Chevy dealership sent a message and he had 10 of them. I bought them all. He also had 6-8 of the same model year's Chronarch also brand new in the box. I only bought the Curados. Paid $200 each. If I wanted, I could probably flip everyone of them on ebay for $350 with how bad people try to find them.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 07:29 PM

I made a comment on a post about a month ago about wanting them. A guy that works for a local Chevy dealership sent a message and he had 10 of them. I bought them all. He also had 6-8 of the same model year's Chronarch also brand new in the box. I only bought the Curados. Paid $200 each. If I wanted, I could probably flip everyone of them on ebay for $350 with how bad people try to find them.

Good luck. Just because 1 reel sold at that price doesn't mean many will move. Although I think the E series is a bada$$ lineup, that is an absurd price! roflmao

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

Good luck. Just because 1 reel sold at that price doesn't mean many will move. Although I think the E series is a bada$$ lineup, that is an absurd price! roflmao

Well... looking at just the past month on Ebay sold items there were 5 New in Box that were sold, all between $239 - $350. So, he may not be able to sell them for $350, but he still got them for less than they're worth. (What other people will pay for them.)

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

Well... looking at just the past month on Ebay sold items there were 5 New in Box that were sold, all between $239 - $350. So, he may not be able to sell them for $350, but he still got them for less than they're worth. (What other people will pay for them.)

I'm not planning to sell any. I've owned many reels (Steez, Calais, Citica, Chronarch, etc) and these are my favorites. I already had 8, bought these 10 and let me cousin buy 3 of those. So, I've got nothing but those 200 e7's on everything I use regularly with 2 for back up reels which I use to quickly change a rod from braid to fluoro or vice versa.
Posted By: npl_texas

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 09:17 PM

I was able to snag a new 200KHG on ebay and should be getting it Friday. I noticed Cabela's online has them in stock as well. Only the HG.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Curado K? - 07/26/17 09:59 PM

I still have 2 Curado B series reels NIB, but they are not for sale, mebbbe if someone offered $400 for each of them I would rethink that. LOL. I think the B series was better than the E series, which I have 3 of I am using, but to each his own. The hard part about the old B series is finding parts to repair the, if they need repair, though, so that is losing it's edge to the E series, but to each his own. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 12:29 AM

I heard its a really good made reel that the gears have finer teeth which makes reeling it smooth like the real high end reels. I would get some but I just upgraded all of my Shimanos to the 200i lol
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 01:09 AM

I love my Curado I reels. If you have them cleaned and properly lubed they work as well as any. Will be looking forward to the K series, in my opinion the Metanium is the GOAT.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 01:19 AM

I have 2 of the Curado I, had to swap out bearings in one with a month of use on it.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 02:19 AM

I've got 4 of the I series that I got when they came out and have yet to have a problem with them either being noisy or mechanically defunct, I've started using more Lews and love them but I'll for sure have to pick up a Curado K, I agree the Cores are outstanding
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 05:06 PM

Would like to play with one...

The best curado ever made was the HDSV best shimano overall ive played with was 50 mgs

Sounds like i need to try the core... never played with ome
Posted By: Chetatkinsdiet

Re: Curado K? - 07/27/17 08:31 PM

I just picked up the 8:1 today. Feels great playing in the yard. Will post tomorrow/weekend when I get to use it for real. Feels great in hand. The 10% smaller body is not too noticeable, but seems nice. I literally just walked in the door with it, so haven't gotten to play too much.

m

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27
I love my Curado I reels. If you have them cleaned and properly lubed they work as well as any. Will be looking forward to the K series, in my opinion the Metanium is the GOAT.

Yea, you have to oil the brakes on the I series because of the noise. I don't know of any other reel that you have to do that to, including other models by Shimano. The E series reels were fantastic, the I's, not so much.

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 12:19 AM

I would like to test the Curado K against the Tatula SV TW.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 12:39 AM

Just ordered one, Sept 21?
Posted By: CobraTX

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 02:09 AM

I ordered one from southwestern parts in Dallas after seeing a post on here. Called them up yesterday morning & it was on my doorstep when I got home today. Feels great..can't wait to try it out this weekend.

I agree with you guys...e7 is by far my all time favorite reel.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 02:16 AM

I own 3... best Curado ever made....so far. Just need to see the durability, but I won't know that until a couple months of use. I'm fairly hard on my equipment. And I've had a bunch of E's.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Curado K? - 07/28/17 04:06 AM

Guess i have weird hands, the Es dont fit right for me. I NEVER liked them
Posted By: Chet

Re: Curado K? - 08/01/17 10:36 PM

Have 8 or 10 200E7s the best ever made at that price point. Just got the "K" and cast out front and seems smooth and casts fine. Doesn't feel as substantial as a 200e7 but will give it a workout this week.

Re: Curado K? - 08/02/17 02:05 AM

I did not purchase one so I haven't used one on the water but I did check one out and Im not over the top impressed with it like die hard Shimano fans. The Daiwa Tatula SV TW is smoother. Don't get me wrong, Shimano makes very good reels and I still use a bunch of them but I got burned from all the great reviews on the I series so I bought 6 of those and now I am down to just two of them. Lews and Daiwa are very strong competition for Shimano.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Curado K? - 08/02/17 04:22 AM

I have switched to the Tatula SV TW from Shimano and not looked back .
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Curado K? - 08/02/17 11:32 AM

Not sure about the K model. I was disappointed with the G however the B & E models were smooth, strong enough for bass fishing and reliable. popcorn2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum