Texas Fishing Forum

KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS

Posted By: slim 285

KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 12:45 AM

He has entered 300 and won 24 . Pretty impressive.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 12:46 AM

Dude is a monster. He's the Tiger Woods of fishing. Without all the hookers and pain pills.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 12:54 AM

IMO, the best ever
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 02:24 AM

When he gets up North.....nearly unbeatable.....amazing...
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 12:04 PM

Look for Strike King to have a "spybait" model out soon! KVD said in his post tourney interview that he only had a "couple" and he lost the last one final day so must have been prototypes! Would have been cool to see his nephew finish 2d!

GOAT!!!!!
Posted By: Chris G

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 02:23 PM

The funny thing is during all of this KVD is washed up stuff, people have neglected all of the success he's been having in MLF. So, unless I'm off here, in the last 2 years he's won twice on the Elites and twice on MLF and is in the championship in the current season that is airing now. I think the biggest thing that really sticks out about him to me is the way the other competitors talk about him on MLF. They all talk about him as if he's King Kong. That's very telling in my book.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 02:26 PM

He had two wins in seven weeks on the Elites last year. He has two wins, a second and a third this season.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
He had two wins in seven weeks on the Elites last year. He has two wins, a second and a third this season.

Dam! Shows you how close I follow those tourney results. Yep, he's definitely a washed up has been.
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 03:53 PM

Hell, I just wish I knew half of what he knows!
Posted By: Longeye

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 05:04 PM

Yep, funny to hear you knuckleheads who says he washed up. Pretty amusing to read what you people have to say about all of them.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 05:25 PM

KVD is my boys fishing hero! Here's my youngest boy with him..lol

[/quote]
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 05:29 PM

greatness,..
Posted By: Longeye

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 05:50 PM

Great pic!!!!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Fork-Legend211

[/quote]

That is Awesome!
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 08:44 PM

I can't find his 2nd Elite win this year. I believe this is his first Elite win this year. I bet you are right and he gets a 2nd though. Just don't tell anyone about your superpower to see into the future.

BTW if he wins AOY this year (currently 3rd) that will be his 8th time. IF he passes Roland Martin for AOY #s. That will be an even more crazy stat sheet.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/24/17 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Fork-Legend211

That is Awesome! [/quote]

Not only an amazing fisherman but true ambassador of the sport. This pic says it all. Very cool!!
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 12:49 AM

Your son is wearing KVD's "other" tournament jersey... just saying.. LOL.
He's the REAL DEAL, no doubt & has many many more years left. Consider if he continues till he's Rick Clunns ( another legend himself) age. His list of accomplishments would be dang near IMPOSSIBLE to surpass.
Great pic !!!
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 01:14 AM

I used to question his greatness but that was before I really watched and studied him. KVD is without a doubt a BA......
Posted By: Trickster

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 01:30 AM

He's a good. A real good! flag
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 03:04 AM

He's been a great ambassador for our sport.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 10:58 AM

I'm about the same age as the old greats who I followed during the early days of bass fishing, and I'll tell you that KVD is, and has been in a class by himself, and will continue to be for years to come.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 11:21 AM

I suppose the "Greatest of all time" is tough for most of us to decide, but many of us would have Roland Martin and Rick Clunn rolling around in contention in our deliberations.

If winning Super Bowls and World Series are big deals in pro sports, they are, then as great as Roland Martin was, he'd be out of consideration for never winning the Classic.

Rick Clunn won 4 Classics over a period of 14 years. That exceeds the time span the legendary Olympian, Al Oerter, covered by winning 4 gold medals at the Olympics from 1956 to 1968. And, Clunn won his last Classic at not far from the age Jack Nicklaus was when, after a long pause, he won his final "major" at the age of 46. So, Clunn has that, too, that he fished at the very top for a long time. Still does.

KVD can remove all doubt by winning another Classic. Don't think he doesn't know it and he needs to get it done over the next 5 or, on the outside 10, years. Age makes a big difference.

I'd still give a slight nod to KVD over Clunn, as of now, even without a 5th Classic title, as the competition is at a higher level today making it tough to win.

KVD is usually a monster on northern waters, any time fishing is good deep. He seems to be perfecting his finesse game more and more. Spybaiting? He's doing it! For an angler with his tendencies/ strengths, it must be grueling for him to slow down that much.

Brad
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 11:48 AM

Yea this pic was taken during the TTBC at Fork several years ago. KVD was staying a couple houses down from my house. It wasn't even close to Halloween but Easton insisted on wearing his superman outfit lol. KVD thought it was hilarious! Haha
Posted By: fouzman

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

I can't find his 2nd Elite win this year. I believe this is his first Elite win this year. I bet you are right and he gets a 2nd though. Just don't tell anyone about your superpower to see into the future.

BTW if he wins AOY this year (currently 3rd) that will be his 8th time. IF he passes Roland Martin for AOY #s. That will be an even more crazy stat sheet.

You're right. I was incorrect.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
I suppose the "Greatest of all time" is tough for most of us to decide, but many of us would have Roland Martin and Rick Clunn rolling around in contention in our deliberations.

If winning Super Bowls and World Series are big deals in pro sports, they are, then as great as Roland Martin was, he'd be out of consideration for never winning the Classic.

Rick Clunn won 4 Classics over a period of 14 years. That exceeds the time span the legendary Olympian, Al Oerter, covered by winning 4 gold medals at the Olympics from 1956 to 1968. And, Clunn won his last Classic at not far from the age Jack Nicklaus was when, after a long pause, he won his final "major" at the age of 46. So, Clunn has that, too, that he fished at the very top for a long time. Still does.

KVD can remove all doubt by winning another Classic. Don't think he doesn't know it and he needs to get it done over the next 5 or, on the outside 10, years. Age makes a big difference.

I'd still give a slight nod to KVD over Clunn, as of now, even without a 5th Classic title, as the competition is at a higher level today making it tough to win.

KVD is usually a monster on northern waters, any time fishing is good deep. He seems to be perfecting his finesse game more and more. Spybaiting? He's doing it! For an angler with his tendencies/ strengths, it must be grueling for him to slow down that much.

Brad

Very well said. This is same argument most make between Joe Montana and Tom Brady, its really hard to compare people from different times because of conditions and competition. I would have to think it would be tough for anyone to beat KVD in any time in the past or any competition.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 06:59 PM

Sitting 3rd in AOY I'm calling the shot now. He wins it
Posted By: kellisag

Re: KVD wins every 12.5th tournament with BASS - 07/25/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Im RICK JAMES
Sitting 3rd in AOY I'm calling the shot now. He wins it

That's a pretty safe bet but I would love to see BP or Casey Ashley win it as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum