Texas Fishing Forum

lake leon

Posted By: wyatt c

lake leon - 07/23/17 03:14 AM

so im thinking about hitting up lake leon in the morning. only thing is, im going to be in a kayak. any ideas on places to get started? such as putting in and getting fishin pretty quick. i was looking around the dam, but i wouldnt know where to go if the wind picked up or how big the lake is. any suggestions on where to get started to try and fish shallow first? id prefer to fish deep but its kinda hard since i dont have a depth finder at the moment. any advice is appreciated!
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 03:21 AM

In a kayak I'd start at chock o block ramp. More structure to fish suck as dock and timber, the channel runs through that stump field too

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 03:22 AM

where is that ramp at?? sorry, ive never been to leon before
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 04:01 AM

Google lake Leon Texas, you will see the Texas parks and wildlife page, when you get to the page you'll see the map of the lake. And you see facilities click on it and it will show you the ramps. Pm me if you need to, I am stationed in Abilene too
Posted By: 361V

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 02:25 PM

Go several miles south from Eastland on 2214 and the road crosses the far upper end of Leon where the Leon River enters. This ramp is called "Chock-A-Block". You can put in here and go right(under highway bridge) and around a couple bends be in the actual river. Or just put in @ ramp and start fishing. Stumpy, rock ledges, river channel......good area.

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 05:38 PM

i appreciate the help! any suggestions on what to throw? dont need specifics, just something to get started.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: lake leon - 07/23/17 08:48 PM

Chatter bait, blue fleck power worm, and if all else fails a beetle spin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum