Texas Fishing Forum

MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow

Posted By: Mark Perry

MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/21/17 02:52 PM

Those of you watching/recording it might want to make sure they set their DVRs to catch it. It's at 2:00PM instead of 1:00PM on CBS tommorrow.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/21/17 03:12 PM

My DVR records by title not by time slot so I am good to go. Thanks for the heads up or I would have been infront of the tube at 1:00 cussing someone out. flame
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/21/17 03:53 PM

Thank you!! Not always a fan but this one is fun to watch.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 03:07 PM

From what I've seen so far, it's pretty cool..
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
My DVR records by title not by time slot so I am good to go. Thanks for the heads up or I would have been infront of the tube at 1:00 cussing someone out. flame

Yep, me too. Good TV today cause the British Open is on too. Go Spieth.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 07:18 PM

Dumb [censored] announcer said lake Jacksonville three times so far....poor production oversight
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 07:49 PM

"Its a good one" gets on my nerves. A 1lb fish isn't a good one Vandam.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 08:50 PM

Alrighty then....
Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 09:13 PM

Wonder if the Championship round with the final 4 will be on Kurth Lake?
Posted By: backatit

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/22/17 09:24 PM

1st elimination round.... Iaconelli make me crazy "Big one! big one Ya Ya Ya!!!" then it is 1lb 14oz I hit the mute button every time he comes on the screen
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
Dumb [censored] announcer said lake Jacksonville three times so far....poor production oversight

Excuse my ignorance but what are you talking about? I thought that is the lake they were on.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

Excuse my ignorance but what are you talking about? I thought that is the lake they were on.

That is the lake they were on today.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn
Originally Posted By: the skipper

That is the lake they were on today.

Ok. I thought maybe I was missing something.
Posted By: RKT

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 03:01 AM

It's sad that Lake Jacksonville fishing has decreased to the point they were happy catching one pounders.
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 03:03 AM

My DVR has caught the last 4 episodes but missed this one. Will it air again? I really wanted to see this one... but was out at lake Jacksonville.
Posted By: 361V

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 03:16 AM

My DISH guide shows DFW Outdoorsman for tomorrow @ 1:00pm but no MLF for 1:00 or 2:00. Would like to record but anyone know my guide shows different?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: cantcatch5
My DVR has caught the last 4 episodes but missed this one. Will it air again? I really wanted to see this one... but was out at lake Jacksonville.

Did you throw a jerkbait?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
My DISH guide shows DFW Outdoorsman for tomorrow @ 1:00pm but no MLF for 1:00 or 2:00. Would like to record but anyone know my guide shows different?

It airs on Saturdays then is shown again the following Friday.

I would manually find it on your guide abd set it to record rather than set it and forget it.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 12:21 PM

I didn't hear any of them mention their sponsors, the lure they were using or the rods or reels. Only clue you had was their shirts. It was all fish catching. What a novel idea. thumb
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 02:27 PM

I've really enjoyed the MLF shows and the format is a good one for continuous fish catching action.

Some of my takeaways from the show are: the variety of lures used to catch fish on Lake Nacogdoches and Naconiche, the use of spinning rods and wacky worms on Jacksonville for catching small fish, the anglers decisions on changes to make when they're not producing fish (Mark Davis and Tim Horton)in the elimination rounds, Van Dam's use of the jerk bait and the number of fish caught in 1 or 2 stages.

Horton and Hackney had the big days but finished out at Jacksonville. How even the elite anglers struggle to get on the bite at times. How the elite anglers can really light up an unknown lake in just a few hours of fishing.

Bass Champs had a variation of this with their playoff format that was also enjoyable but they were fishing private waters.

MLF is one of the best Fishing programs I've ever watched and they put it on a public TV channel. Thank you CBS.
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Originally Posted By: cantcatch5

Did you throw a jerkbait?

My parents live on the lake and I didn't actually fish at all. I sat on the dock and watched over the kids while they did the zip line, swam and kayacked all day. My dad took my oldest nephews out early and they caught a bunch of fish.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/23/17 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SFAJACKS44
Wonder if the Championship round with the final 4 will be on Kurth Lake?

Yes it should be
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 09:19 AM

The lake was closed that day, and a Lil birdie that was with the MLF confirmed that they did in fact fish Kurth!

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 04:00 PM

Only Ramp I see on Google looks like a dirt road with not much parking. Anyone been there can you give us the skinny on the lake. Doesn't look like much.
Posted By: Walls

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
Only Ramp I see on Google looks like a dirt road with not much parking. Anyone been there can you give us the skinny on the lake. Doesn't look like much.

Dirt road sounds about right, middle of nowhere for sure, pretty cool little lake. Only fished it once when I lived in Lufkin for a few months about 17 years ago.

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 04:24 PM

Looking at Utube Clark Wendlandt is fishing it 2015. Looks clear with a ton of grass.
Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 05:36 PM

Fished it for 2 days 2 weeks ago. Concrete single lane ramp. Water gin clear. Grass from bank to 20 FOW. All the fish were off shore in the scattered grass and on the edges. Caught some good fish CRig on the grass edges, jerkbait over the 8-15 ft grass, slow rolling a spinnerbait in 20 FOW, square bill as well. Hump in middle of lake held a few and caught some dropping jigs in the voids. Lake should set up to be a great bite when they fished it. I'm calling a frog fest when they air it. Bedding fish will be key as well since you will be able to see them even in the deeper water. Partner is calling the grass line on the dam on the north end will be key since it has a hard bottom and protects from the north wind. Lake is big enough to fish 4 in this tourney style. There is a war-daddy gator that lives there that I'm sure will keep things interesting. Should be a good episode
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 06:07 PM

Pinkston was the best choice out of all lakes but limited to zero cell service prevented them from fishing it. Weight records would have been crushed being a slot lake. Full of 3-4lbers. Kurth was great for mlf cause they could shut down access for pros. It's decent but nothing like it was before Lufkin purchased it. Spoiler... someone catches a bunch on a jerkbait...
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 06:09 PM

Jaret, I'd really like to see what happens on the shows, myself. Without any spoiler alerts.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 06:47 PM

that someone always catches a bunch on a jerkbait.

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Pinkston was the best choice out of all lakes but limited to zero cell service prevented them from fishing it. Weight records would have been crushed being a slot lake. Full of 3-4lbers. Kurth was great for mlf cause they could shut down access for pros. It's decent but nothing like it was before Lufkin purchased it. Spoiler... someone catches a bunch on a jerkbait...
sigh Dude you gotta ruin it for everyone
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 07/24/17 08:07 PM

Pinkston would be great, I'd like to see how far they could run.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 08/03/17 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: ETxRT
The lake was closed that day, and a Lil birdie that was with the MLF confirmed that they did in fact fish Kurth!
I don't know if I agree with them closing the ramps on a public lake to film these shows, I heard they closed Nachoniche for one of these earlier. I guess is you had bank access and a kayak there not much they could do about it wink
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 08/03/17 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
I don't know if I agree with them closing the ramps on a public lake to film these shows, I heard they closed Nachoniche for one of these earlier. I guess is you had bank access and a kayak there not much they could do about it wink

Kurth is NOT a public lake. It is a City of Lufkin lake with purchase permit access. Won't be any bed fishing. They finish up early there, probably in April. No Frog Fest. (Not EVERYTHING in East Texas is Frog Fishing! roflmao) Those big Kurth Lake fish move off shore quickly. The smaller ones LOVE to school up on the surface, but are mostly less than 3 lbs. but the lake is full FULL of that size of fish! Lots of old logs, stumps and grass to hold them. And the water is fairly clear compared to other East Texas lakes. NO shore access. AND NO way would I put a Kayak in that lake. It is INFESTED with many HUGE Alligators. No night fishing allowed.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 08/03/17 02:20 PM

The show already aired and there were several bed fish caught.
Posted By: TrailHand

Re: MLF Nacogdoches CBS time slot change tommorrow - 08/03/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman

Maybe so, but sitting in a little kayak in the middle of a lake where 70mph boats think NOTHING is going to be is not the place to make a protest. eek2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum