Texas Fishing Forum

WTB deep cranking stick...

Posted By: i-Fish

WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 04:55 PM

Need a composite cranking stick - new or used - in good condition.
Prefer Dobyns, Duckett, G Loomis but I'm open to others. Looking $200 or under. Thanks!

Don't have 6 months on TFF so I'm not able to post in the swap section.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 04:58 PM

Quantum makes the KVD tour cranking rods, for the money they are good. You can get them on Ebay cheep usually
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:04 PM

Here you go. Great rod. Guy is asking 220...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...Randy_Mc#UNREAD
Posted By: 96speed

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:14 PM

I like the Powell 3D Max cranking sticks. 755 is good all around. Can get them brand new under your budget Or wait for a sale and save 10-20%.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:20 PM

http://www.powellco.com/Diesel-3-Pack
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:35 PM

Spend the extra money and get a Dobyns cranking rod. You'll be glad you did.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:46 PM

I have a glass Powell diesel rod and I'm very satisfied with it it's a great rod for 6xd's

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Here you go. Great rod. Guy is asking 220...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...Randy_Mc#UNREAD

Grand Saline....that's a haul. Maybe he'll meet halfway.
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 6BOOMER

Did not know they still had these.
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 09:18 PM

I will meet you in Greenville for my price of $220.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/19/17 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Quantum makes the KVD tour cranking rods, for the money they are good. You can get them on Ebay cheep usually

This!
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 03:41 AM

Unless you want to throw nothing but 10XDs, the 805 CB RM is THE ROD to get, IMO. I have fished a BUNCH of different CB rods and THIS IS THE BEST I have found by FAR. $220 is an excellent price for it, too, goes for $260, I believe. Handles all other CBs well, even the medium divers. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: basspro99

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 11:15 AM

Give Lance or Brion at Impulse Rods a call. I have been using there cranking rods for a while now and they are great. Customer service is by far the best in the business.

http://impulserods.com/index/index.php?route=common/home
281-259-4437

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
Unless you want to throw nothing but 10XDs, the 805 CB RM is THE ROD to get, IMO. I have fished a BUNCH of different CB rods and THIS IS THE BEST I have found by FAR. $220 is an excellent price for it, too, goes for $260, I believe. Handles all other CBs well, even the medium divers. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

You really like the rod, eh? Would you say the 805 is on the heavy side of medium heavy? I want to make sure that this thing can handle a 10XD with ease. I am building up my rod arsenal and need this to handle everything. Can't say I'll be throwing 10 XD's all that often but when I do I need this rod to do it well.
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 02:12 PM

Check out the Leviathan rods.
Posted By: JoeyC

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: HookinToads

Thad Rains

You really like the rod, eh? Would you say the 805 is on the heavy side of medium heavy? I want to make sure that this thing can handle a 10XD with ease. I am building up my rod arsenal and need this to handle everything. Can't say I'll be throwing 10 XD's all that often but when I do I need this rod to do it well.

I have one and throw 6XD and 8XD on it no problem. At 10XD it gets a little more cumbersome but it works. As Thad said if you throw 10XD all the time then it may not be the right rod.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 04:20 PM

Thad Rains

Dobyn's downfall is the handles are a little shorter than some other deep/heavier cranking rods. I love the action of the 804-806 just wish they would make the handle a couple inches longer

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 04:53 PM

The 805CBRM is not rated for the 10XD, it will throw it, but if you are going to fish them much, you might want to run to the 806CB rod. You would give up most of the medium diving CBs, however, because this is rated for 1.2 oz to 2 oz CBs. The BEST all around rod that Dobyns has, that I know of for CBs is the 805. It is not designed for the 10XD (3/8 to 1.5 oz.), but it CAN handle the occasional 10XD. Not familiar with a rod that is rated from 1/4 to 2 oz baits. Not saying their isn't one, but I am not familiar with it. You LOSE something by getting a rod that will handle everything, but I think that is what you are looking for. Unlike Doug R., I have small hands and the shorter grip fits me pretty well. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Amberlamps

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/20/17 05:01 PM

Thad Rains

805 will handle 10xd. It's a great stick.

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/21/17 01:47 AM

Thanks guys. Ended up doing a deal for the 805. Your input is much appreciated!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/21/17 02:26 AM

Good choice.

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/21/17 04:37 AM

Glad we could help. Hopefully, it is EXACTLY what you were looking for. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: cbeathard

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 10:15 AM

Although I'm embarrassed to say, i bought a $40 lews rod from Walmart and have loved it so far this summer. heavy with a not so soft tip but it fits for my limited arsenal lol
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 07:01 PM

I just got a TFO 7 foot medium heavy rod with a orra winch on it and was very pleased how it handled baits all the way up to a Strike king 8xd..... and it only costs $110 at bps....
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 07:28 PM

Denali Lithium 7' 11" Cranking Stick

Check this guy out. $199 or if you are looking for something heavier, check out the Magnum Cranking Rod
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 08:08 PM

I've got a 7'11 duckett cranking rod with a gen 3 winch that i would sell. Pm if interested.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Cheesehead Wes
I've got a 7'11 duckett cranking rod with a gen 3 winch that i would sell. Pm if interested.

He bought the Dobyns 805. I have the 7-11 Duckett cranking rod and it will throw an 8XD but the 10XD is too much for it.

The 7-11 Duckett cranking rod is an awesome rod and my favorite for throwing the 5 or 6XD. Great flex on that rod for cranking.
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: WTB deep cranking stick... - 07/22/17 11:05 PM

I really like my Impulse 7' 9" (IMPCB79MH) for 6XDs. They make a heavier rod for the 10XD.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum