Texas Fishing Forum

Honey Hole

Posted By: Mark Jones

Honey Hole - 07/16/17 08:44 PM

Whitney is up on YT and Possum Kingdom is up on VOD.

Posted By: armadilla

Re: Honey Hole - 07/21/17 08:22 AM

Don't let Bill fool you... Whitney may be WEST of Hillsboro... banana

When they are schooling like he found them, try a large, shallow running square bill or swim bait, and a rattling Super Spook... that is if you just want to catch the big ones.. fish

Just saying...
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Honey Hole - 07/21/17 01:21 PM

Okay, I wasn't hearing things. I thought I heard him say EAST of Hillsboro. The man is traveling so much he is getting dizzy. As always another good show, don't fault him one bit for having a blooper.

My only constructive comment is that I did like the shows better when he didn't pre-fish the lake. I feel like watching him figure it out was better than him telling us how he figured it out.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Honey Hole - 07/21/17 04:06 PM

We aren't doing as many shows as in years past so he has extra time on the water and likes to pre-fish the lakes that are close to him.
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Honey Hole - 07/21/17 07:14 PM

Wasn't faulting him... just laughing with him... Maybe he meant to say Hillsboro was just EAST of Whitney... Its old age.. We have the same problem...

I know the spot he was fishing... one of our favorites... We have found them schooling there many times... Can't beat it when they are schooling there. We have days where we caught them there schooling and caught stripers, big white bass and black bass all schooling together there. The bigger the lure, the bigger the fish... Have had days where we were throwing back 6, 7 and 8 pound black bass one after the other there... the stripers were a nuisance, but fun. You will want braid... when they are feeding like that, they will take your lures... You can't beat the schooling fish in shallow water on Whitney.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum