Texas Fishing Forum

Lighted Docks

Posted By: Senior59

Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 02:06 PM

Where are all the Lighted docks on Lake Fork ??
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 02:43 PM

I doubt that you'll get locations for them on here. They have started to become crowded lately and many put in a lot of time on the water searching for them
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 03:35 PM

I think some of the owners are turning off the lights as well to discourage crowds of people fishing them. I know some of the docks I found have not been lit my last couple of trips...
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jbcarroll3000
I think some of the owners are turning off the lights as well to discourage crowds of people fishing them. I know some of the docks I found have not been lit my last couple of trips...

This has happened on lakes like Cypress Springs. I wonder if turning the lights off so much of the time keeps them from having as many fish around them when they do turn them on.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 03:54 PM

2 reasons I keep mine off:

- people fishing them without navigation lights on.
- people pulling up to fish my lights when me and my 2 boys (7 & 9 years old) are standing on my dock and fishing my lights. I wouldn't mind but why would anyone pull up to a dock when the owner and his kids are fishing it? Then when I say something they just ignore you! Very frustrating... I've had 2 guys that I've never seen before pull into my dock and actually use the boat lift to lift their boat out of the water then they started walking around my dock... they did it to get out of the rain like a lot of us have had to do before but you Never use someone's lift and especially don't get out of your boat. Moral of the story is if I don't know you and you do something like no navigational lights or step on my dock, I have no idea what your intentions are, especially with all the dock thiefs around here
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 04:15 PM

I've noticed several turned off for quite a while. I figured that it was the crowds and concerns about thefts. People have no etiquette when fishing. No reason to ever fish a dock that the owner is out on.

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
I've noticed several turned off for quite a while. I figured that it was the crowds and concerns about thefts. People have no etiquette when fishing. No reason to ever fish a dock that the owner is out on.

You would think so Bobby... like I said, I knew people would fish them when I put them out, that's just part of it. But at least wait till the dock owner and his kids are done before you get your lures caught on my 9 year old boys line while he is casting off my dock. And don't fire up the big motor when your boat is sitting directly on top of one of my lights while I'm trying to fish it myself. I know a lot of people that feel the same way and these are some of the main reasons we turn them off.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 06:39 PM

Wow ! Some people just dont care who the offend or come in on.

Using the lift.... that right there would have been more than words on my dock if I had one.I understand about getting out of the rain but using the lift.

UNREAL mad mad mad

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Using the lift.... that right there would have been more than words on my dock if I had one.I understand about getting out of the rain but using the lift.

UNREAL mad mad mad

Yes sir Mark... my wife was looking down from the house and saw 2 guys walking around on my dock... it worried her at first but as soon as the rain stopped, they got back in boat and left the dock like it was before... guess I'll start setting a Tip jar down there from now on... lol
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Fork-Legend211

- people pulling up to fish my lights when me and my 2 boys (7 & 9 years old) are standing on my dock and fishing my lights. I wouldn't mind but why would anyone pull up to a dock when the owner and his kids are fishing it? Then when I say something they just ignore you! Very frustrating... I've had 2 guys that I've never seen before pull into my dock and actually use the boat lift to lift their boat out of the water then they started walking around my dock... they did it to get out of the rain like a lot of us have had to do before but you Never use someone's lift and especially don't get out of your boat. Moral of the story is if I don't know you and you do something like no navigational lights or step on my dock, I have no idea what your intentions are, especially with all the dock thiefs around here

OMG Wow. That's insane.
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 09:35 PM

What kind of light do you buy? Where can I learn more about installing some of these?
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/15/17 10:20 PM

UNREAL mad mad mad

Yes sir Mark... my wife was looking down from the house and saw 2 guys walking around on my dock... it worried her at first but as soon as the rain stopped, they got back in boat and left the dock like it was before... guess I'll start setting a Tip jar down there from now on... lol

Should have unplugged the lift motor and left him sitting high and dry...

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/16/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: TinRangerJim

UNREAL mad mad mad

Should have unplugged the lift motor and left him sitting high and dry...

Lol... that would have been funny... it was day 3 of the Big Bass Splash last year during the down pour... anybody is welcome to take cover under my dock of the weather gets bad but please stay in your boat when you do. Just when you think you've seen it all.... lol
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/16/17 12:37 PM

Unbelievable !!! Just when you think you have heard it all realmad
I may be wrong but wouldn't that be trespassing ? They need to be VERY careful, with some of stuff that's happened out here in the past, the next time they pull something like that they may get shot, this would go in the "you can't fix stupid file "

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/16/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork

I may be wrong but wouldn't that be trespassing ? They need to be VERY careful, with some of stuff that's happened out here in the past, the next time they pull something like that they may get shot, this would go in the "you can't fix stupid file "

Your right Mark.... some people just don't get it... lol
Posted By: rducky625

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 05:16 PM

Some of the people have put their lights on timers and they go off automatically
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork

Getting out on to the dock is trespassing.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 05:33 PM

I've thought about doing these lights on our dock on Cypress for a long time but I can't seem to find what I am really looking for. I'm looking for good underwater green LEDs that are solar powered. Our dock is a good 150' from our back door and I don't want to go to the trouble of having electricity run down there.

When I have searched the internet in the past I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone have a set up like this that could put in the right direction?
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 06:14 PM

Getting on a dock at night and walking around !!! Rain or No Rain you are really F ING UP .
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 06:23 PM

But at the same time, Ive been fishing lights before at night, and had the guy come tell me to leave and quit fishing his lights because they were his and he bought them. Which I completely understand. But if you put them in the lake, they are open game to fish!

As far as getting on someones dock, Id never do that. If it were storming and I had too, I would not get out of my boat. That's just a respect you must have for someones dock.
Posted By: Redfoxone

Re: Lighted Docks - 07/17/17 07:56 PM

Mine stay turned off unless I am out fishing it. Due to reasons stated above. People will tie up, stand on your dock, and then steal your stuff. Sucks for the honest fisherman, but that's the world we live in.
Posted By: TWT95

Re: Lighted Docks - 08/14/17 07:45 PM

We have a place on Cypress Springs and I have two lights in the water. I think I was the first one to do this because I never saw them before I put mine in. People fish them all the time. Usually really late or early in the morning. Mine come on when a photocell determines it is dark enough. I haven't put any habitat down just yet, so unless they are fishing for cats there really isn't much down there biting. Haven't had any problems yet, but I'll be moving some surveillance in after reading some of these stories. I do think that one time a light on the pier was left on and someone stole the bulb out of it to make it dark down there. What made me mad was that it was an LED bulb. Those things aren't cheap. There were a couple of guys out there early on Saturday morning that I could see from the house. It was then that I realized that I had left the closet door open and the light on after a few too many beers with friends that night before.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum