Texas Fishing Forum

Zona to Team Daiwa

Posted By: Monty Wright

Zona to Team Daiwa - 07/14/17 05:09 AM

Advanced Angler Link (video)

I'm a fan of their Tatula line of rods/reels
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 10:53 AM

Hmm, better deal over there i guess. I noticed over the years he went from using TOP END of shimanoe & loomis offerings(NRXs and metaniums) to more and more budget ones. Curious to see where he enda up on the Diawa scale,he mentioned tatula not Steez...
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 10:57 AM

More guys can relate to tatula than steez prices. Good move
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 12:13 PM

Z is a goober, I can't help but laugh at him on his shows...
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 01:01 PM

I'm pretty sure Ehler can fish with whatever he chooses and he's fishing with tatulas.

Posted By: crankn101

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 01:44 PM

Like it matters what a reel costs, the fish dont know if they were caught on a $100 reel or a $600 reel.

An Elite was just won by an angler using Curados from the 1990s.
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/14/17 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: catslayer
Hmm, better deal over there i guess. I noticed over the years he went from using TOP END of shimanoe & loomis offerings(NRXs and metaniums) to more and more budget ones. Curious to see where he enda up on the Diawa scale,he mentioned tatula not Steez...

I heard tatula rods and SV reels lol
Posted By: 78Staff

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 12:13 AM

Multiple threads on multiple forums, Zona didn't leave, Shimano dropped him (also something about canceling Dave Mercer's show as well) to sponsor some youtube sensation kids fishing channel... so appears Shimano banking on social media sponsorship being the next big thing.
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: 78Staff

Multiple threads on multiple forums, Zona didn't leave, Shimano dropped him (also something about canceling Dave Mercer's show as well) to sponsor some youtube sensation kids fishing channel... so appears Shimano banking on social media sponsorship being the next big thing.

Mercers show sucked anyways
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 04:10 AM

Whats funny is we saw him at the classic talking to the Diawa guys introducing himself and looking at the gear... We all kinda looked at each other and said hmmmmmmmmm and now hes rolling with Diawa.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Will.i.am
Whats funny is we saw him at the classic talking to the Diawa guys introducing himself and looking at the gear... We all kinda looked at each other and said hmmmmmmmmm and now hes rolling with Diawa.

A lot of business deals get done at the Classic.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 78Staff

I'm thinking Shimano might be right. Us old guys don't buy toys because of another fisherman on tv, it's the young kids who are influenced by their idols. Shimano lost me back they I got screwed buying their Chronarch which was really a Curado.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 12:51 PM

It's always funny to me when people say they're not influenced by marketing. We ALL are on some level from all of the marketing/branding exposure and touch points in our world. The fact that we are discussing this here on the forum is proof.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
It's always funny to me when people say they're not influenced by marketing. We ALL are on some level from all of the marketing/branding exposure and touch points in our world. The fact that we are discussing this here on the forum is proof.

Marketing is inevitable, you might buy fishing related products because of a guy on TV; but I don't. I will buy items from reports of real world users, prostaffers & celebrities accounts mean nothing to me.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Zona to Team Diawa - 07/15/17 06:44 PM

I wonder if he will put all of those Loomis rods on Ebay! smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum