Texas Fishing Forum

Boat trailer Hub question

Posted By: Clark3

Boat trailer Hub question - 07/09/17 02:56 PM

Anyone Happen to know the standard hub size for a EZ loader trailer (I have a zx 225 on it)

I know it usually says on the bearings it self but I'm wanting to get a spare hub for some long trips I have coming up.

Thanks for any help
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Boat trailer Hub question - 07/09/17 04:42 PM

Check Skeeter owners web page, I think I've seen it on there before. Should be universal though.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Boat trailer Hub question - 07/09/17 07:25 PM

Might want to read the small print on this link first http://estore.ezloader.com/product.asp?3=2407
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Boat trailer Hub question - 07/11/17 06:37 PM

It might be worthwhile to go ahead and re-pack your bearings. If you're worried about some long distance trips coming up, you can have peace of mind with the freshly packed bearings, and while you have them out of the hub, you can go match them up to buy backups that you know are the right size.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Boat trailer Hub question - 07/11/17 07:59 PM

0ne of the best purchases I ever made was a Infrared red heat gun ( Amazon , $22.00) . I take it with me when towing my boat , I take it out when towing and get an exact heat reading of the tires and the hubs . I get a baseline reading when I know my hubs are well greased and running smooth --then any heat increase of significance can be attributed to early bearing wear .
It also gives me a decent indication if one of the tires is wearing " odd" and heating up .
It might not be perfect , but it gives me an idea of a "hot " bearing or tire .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum