Texas Fishing Forum

Monticello

Posted By: Venom 17

Monticello - 07/07/17 05:52 PM

Would anyone be willing to share where you run and not run on Monticello?
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Monticello - 07/07/17 07:52 PM

Search back. There have been several "maps" posted in the past.
Posted By: racing75

Re: Monticello - 07/07/17 09:07 PM

I'm looking for the same thing for Welsh. We moved out here within a mile of the lake and I've never been on it. I know nothing about it.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Monticello - 07/07/17 09:08 PM

Believe if U search there are maps for both lakes
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Monticello - 07/07/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Venom 17
Would anyone be willing to share where you run and not run on Monticello?

All of the South end of Monty is safe to run. It is safe to run North of the Hwy bridge also for about 1/2 mile. You can safely run from the highway bridge to the discharge area of the plant.

There is a pretty well defined line of stumps all the way across the lake form the powerline tower near the RR bridge to the opposite shoreline. If the lake is a little low you can see them.

Beware of those stumps tho. They are unlike any others, like petrified.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Monticello - 07/08/17 03:46 AM

When you come under the bridge, head straight for the right side of the rail road bridge, once you get close to the power lines, shut it down.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Monticello - 07/08/17 02:26 PM

Do not run above the railroad bridge!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Monticello - 07/08/17 06:54 PM

I have seen a guy run all the way to Blundell before, I was like eeks
Posted By: mudd

Re: Monticello - 07/08/17 08:34 PM

Those stumps will break ur [censored] lol. Also there's quite a few random stumps running up to rail road bridge
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Monticello - 07/09/17 06:34 PM

Come under the bridge and run diagonal toward the point before the railroad bridge. Stay about 10-15 yards of the point and go straight to the power lines. You can shut down there but if im behind you watch out. You can run all the way down the power lines to the end by the stump fields. Trim up and haul buttt!
Posted By: Venom 17

Re: Monticello - 07/10/17 05:08 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Monticello - 07/10/17 06:01 PM

Trial and error....
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Monticello - 07/10/17 06:36 PM

im sure you know, but when in doubt just idle... pretty crappy feeling to have 8k in hull damage done cry
Posted By: Just James

Re: Monticello - 07/10/17 08:27 PM

I live on Sandlin, when you plan on coming to Monticello call me or text me at 337 207 8142, I'll run the lake in my boat and you can follow me, its actually a very easy lake to run, and yes I did damage one of my boats at one time running stupid in a area I knew better than to run, there are areas it seems no one ever fish that I've done great at. I really prefer Lake Welch, but I've only fished it a couple times when I can find someone to go with me, by myself is out the question, I have a prosthetic leg and I cant walk up the hill where we have to park our truck and trailer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum