Texas Fishing Forum

Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits???

Posted By: "Old School"

Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/05/17 12:16 AM

Whatever happened to these companies? I bought a lot of their spinnerbaits and now I'm getting down to the last of my stash. Just wondering? I'm interested in the Dominator series which had dimples on the blades.
Oldham's had a feature called "trailer hitch" which was a screw lock bait keeper. Great products!!
Posted By: Rattlin Rick

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/05/17 12:41 AM

I can build whatever you need, got a shop Lockhart Lures on Lake Fork,call 903-383-7663 and if I'm out leave name and number. I ship 1 to a 100 anywhere.
Posted By: squib

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/05/17 12:45 AM

I've got tons of Oldham screwlock jigs that I would be willing to part with. Mostly 1 and 1.25 ounce
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/05/17 01:08 AM

Oldham's still in business and selling the trailer hitch jig and spinnerbait. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.oldhamjigs.com/

I still use their stuff, for the most part, GREAT JIGS and good spinnerbaits. I NORMALLY order spinnerbaits off of S.O.B. spinnerbaits, however. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. They have the screwlock jigs in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 and 1 oz sizes, I believe.

Thad Rains

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/05/17 06:53 PM

Thanks for the info. I ran across some on eBay and noticed how they command a relatively higher price than what I paid 15+ years ago. Then again the top quality components they were built with explains everything.

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/12/17 12:11 AM

Won a eBay auction on 10 buzzbaits for $29.50, so $2.95 per bait wasn't a bad price. Took one for a little spin Sunday morning and it produced well! Very well!!!

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/16/17 10:43 PM

Would another brand of buzzbait produce these results for me??? Yes, probably, maybe not. Go with what you have confidence in, is my motto! Here's my biggest bass today. Keep in mind I'm just a bank beater!!!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/16/17 11:08 PM

Nice fish Old School. Keep me in mind if you want to duplicate something; but it will come with a Scented Living Rubber Skirt in either Minnow or Crayfish.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/17/17 12:23 AM

I am very familiar with Bull Dog spinnerbaits and especially the Dominator series. Those blades throw the most impressive flash of anything I have ever seen. Premium heads and skirts too. I have a nice little stash of them (probably over 30) but over the years the skirt bands started to become brittle so I ended up having to retie them.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 07/17/17 03:20 AM

JCBfromTHF, Donald Harper who just commented above restores spinnerbaits beautifully, does so with the living rubber skirts he mentioned which are awesome. Have him redo yours and you won't be disappointed...
Posted By: cardboard

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 01:09 AM

I fished Bull Dog Spinnerbaits for years.
The owner was a Distant cousin of mine.

The owner of Bull Dog Spinnerbaits passed away.
His family closed the Business Down.

Hate to loose a distant cousin.
And hate to loose Bull Dog spinnerbaits and Jigs, and especially the Bull Dog Buzz Baits.

Don't know if anybody ever got a chance to fish any of the crankbaits he made.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 01:38 AM

Bull Dog made some awesome baits
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 01:41 AM

The only spinnerbaits that I miss are the original war eagles and hildabrant
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 02:30 AM

Dang Old School, you are old school. I've got a ton of spinnerbaits and ran across some old Bulldog baits a couple of weeks ago. I really liked their Indiana/Colorado combination. Don't see that one used much but have caught a bunch of fish on them right up to the spawn.

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 05:21 AM

As I stated in my previous post, Oldams is still in business and their prices a somewhat better than most modern companies for the screw lock jigs. Shows them at 2.85, I believe for the standard screw lock jig. It says to check on website what kind of trailer lock SB you want to build, because they come in MANY different styles. Here is the website for them and NO, I am not on their prostaff or paid by them in anyway,, I just like their stuff.

Hope this helps.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Thad Rains
As I stated in my previous post, Oldams is still in business and their prices a somewhat better than most modern companies for the screw lock jigs. Shows them at 42.85, I believe for the standard screw lock jig. It says to check on website what kind of trailer lock SB you want to build, because they come in MANY different styles. Here is the website for them and NO, I am not on their prostaff or paid by them in anyway,, I just like their stuff.

Hope this helps.

Thad Rains

How in the world do you try and build anything on that website. Or is it not possible. It says spinnerbait prices vary so I’d like to see colors and build.
Posted By: SteveTX

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Thad Rains
Shows them at 42.85, I believe for the standard screw lock jig.

That is one expensive jig. [Linked Image] I know its a typo but for others reading it the Trailer Hitch Jig is $2.85 Its quite a good deal. They catch fish as well as the rest and I like the screw lock. They hold trailers very good.
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

How in the world do you try and build anything on that website. Or is it not possible. It says spinnerbait prices vary so I’d like to see colors and build.

You might try calling them or email for more info. Probably a little old school running the show considering how long they have been around and they are still a family owned business. Websites may not be their thing. [Linked Image]
These are listed under the Contact Us at the bottom of their webpage.
1 --800-LYNCHEM
toldham001@austin.rr.com
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 05:30 PM

I picked up some Trailer Hitch jigs about a year ago at a little tackle shop on Hwy 198 just north of Malakoff (Cedar Creek Lake area). Good looking jigs but it took forever to clean the paint out of the eyes

Re: Bulldog and Superdog Spinnerbaits???? And Oldham's jigs and spinnerbaits??? - 02/28/19 06:51 PM

As suggested, try an e-mail or call them. Whenever I want something special, I call them and tell them what I am looking for and they send me pictures thru the internet e-mail address. If you click on the jig color selection, it gives you 24 standard colors that they tie. If you want custom work, try calling or e-mailing, as suggested. I also corrected the price, above, DOOOOOOO Here is the link to the colors page, if you cannot find it.:

http://www.oldhamjigs.com/image-gallery.html

Hope this helps.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum