Texas Fishing Forum

Rubber Necks - Lavon

Posted By: Tracker Tim

Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 04:44 PM

You would think the Bassmaster Classic is coming up with all the rubber neck fishing going on on Lavon. I guess it's easier than finding spots for yourself.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 05:13 PM

LOL! It is pretty bad out there the past few days. Boats running alone on pad then you hear the engine cut back and the necks are a lookin.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 05:18 PM

When people get close I just look straight down, move my rod up and down, and pretend I'm fishing for sandbass.

Might be a few RHBC guys out there trying to figure out where to fish on Saturday.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 06:39 PM

Tim I am headed out there to follow you!! lol
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 08:06 PM

Lol! Glad I'll be out of town. Lake fishes small when that stuff is happening
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/04/17 11:45 PM

I'ts fishing really small! My one fish today was about 9"... roflmao
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/05/17 12:28 AM

LOL. Saw Tim out there this morning and Sunday too. We aren't rubber necking. We have enough spots to choke a horse. One minor problem, there don't seem to be any keeper fish on them. roflmao Someone will catch em next Saturday!

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/05/17 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
LOL. Saw Tim out there this morning and Sunday too. We aren't rubber necking. We have enough spots to choke a horse. One minor problem, there don't seem to be any keeper fish on them. roflmao Someone will catch em next Saturday!

I wasnt referring to you Tom. You guys were hitting all your spots. I did not recognize any of the boats that were doing it.
Posted By: happycampr

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/05/17 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
When people get close I just look straight down, move my rod up and down, and pretend I'm fishing for sandbass.

roflmao I am going to use this on Athens!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/05/17 07:15 PM

drop a buoy on absolutely nothing and as they are pulling up to the area, pull out a fish you already caught from your live well and act like you just caught it and then quickly pull your buoy and take off acting pissed that they are there,,,,,lol gotta have fun fishing bud! you can smile as they spend wasted time fishing your nothing spot.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/05/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
I'ts fishing really small! My one fish today was about 9"... roflmao
I doubled his productivity with two 4 1/2" fish then the heat sent me home. Good luck to all Saturday. With the BASS event the following weekend the bent pole pattern should prevail.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 01:19 PM

There's a BASS event scheduled for Lake Lavon?
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 01:36 PM

Lol! Had that happen this past weekend on Nacogdoches. Caught some decent fish on a spot Saturday and Sunday, went back out Monday and a guy that past by rubber necking on Sunday was sitting dead square center of where we had been... FRUSTRATING, but I guess that's just part of it...
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 01:46 PM

I was out there Saturday and Sunday. I think that I had about 50 crappie and only 5 kept. My brother landed a whopper LMB @ 4"
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 02:13 PM

Bought a 2 1/2 oz spinnerbait down at Amistad a few years ago with blades about the size of a big flutter spoon, I keep it tied on one of my old rods
if i start getting guys checking out what i'm doing I'll pickup that big spinnerbait and move off my spot a little as there coming towards me and start slinging that big spinnerbait towards the bank
Actually had a guy try to buy it off me after a club tournament
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 02:37 PM

The old levee ought to be stacked with fish about now...

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: fishincontrol
The old levee ought to be stacked with fish about now...

I always is.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 03:21 PM

Lavon came up 3 inches in the last 24 hours. It's nearly an inch above full pool now.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: daddystog
Bought a 2 1/2 oz spinnerbait down at Amistad a few years ago with blades about the size of a big flutter spoon, I keep it tied on one of my old rods
if i start getting guys checking out what i'm doing I'll pickup that big spinnerbait and move off my spot a little as there coming towards me and start slinging that big spinnerbait towards the bank
Actually had a guy try to buy it off me after a club tournament

When the fishing is slow my buddy and I used to throw a spinnerbait and fake set the hook every time someone came by. The resistance of the blades makes for some convincing hook sets. Always got a good laugh watching people stare us down as they drove by.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
You would think the Bassmaster Classic is coming up with all the rubber neck fishing going on on Lavon. I guess it's easier than finding spots for yourself.

They're trying to put together a bent-rod pattern... hmmm
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: CubbyObrien
drop a buoy on absolutely nothing and as they are pulling up to the area, pull out a fish you already caught from your live well and act like you just caught it and then quickly pull your buoy and take off acting pissed that they are there,,,,,lol gotta have fun fishing bud! you can smile as they spend wasted time fishing your nothing spot.

^^^ now that's funny!! and creative! banana
Posted By: Luke Scribner

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 06:27 PM

There are a million and one fishing spots on Lavon. People dont take the time to slow down and fish. It fishes different than most people would thnk.

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 09:46 PM

Some serious sandbagging going on this thread.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 09:58 PM

I wish they would blow the dam up and just flood the upper end of Hubbard

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 10:15 PM

That would be one way to repopulate the river.

Wonder if it's making a comeback? Haven't been since Lavon started kicking out 5 and 6 pounders every trip.

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I wish they would blow the dam up and just flood the upper end of Hubbard
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/06/17 11:41 PM

Lavon has for sure been on fire lately!!! Everyone I know that usually fishes Hubbard has given up and started hitting Lavon!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/07/17 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
Lavon came up 3 inches in the last 24 hours. It's nearly an inch above full pool now.
So is my yard.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/07/17 03:08 AM

Suppose to open the gates Friday pm
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/07/17 05:30 AM

Rubberneckers and pot lickers will be the least of your worries on Lavon once all the wakeboard boats, jet skis, cabin cruisers, and speed boats shake off their hang overs and stumble down the ramp around 11am. Better get on em early! Im looking forward to seeing the weights tho.

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/07/17 11:17 AM

Good luck to all! I think practice may have sore-lipped all 12 fish in the lake.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/07/17 12:19 PM

Not fishing this one so a good pattern is 20-25 on points with a 12" black worm and 3/4 oz pegged sinker. Let it soak, drag a foot and soak it again. Long casts last forever.
Posted By: TexasPescado

Re: Rubber Necks - Lavon - 07/09/17 12:08 AM

The rubber-neckers were out in force today! A few times I thought they were about to jump in my boat and steal the SD card right out of my graph!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum