Texas Fishing Forum

Morning bite?

Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Morning bite? - 07/04/17 12:29 PM

Hey guys want to take my father in law out this morning and try to get on some fish somewhere. Anyone know a good spot around dfw? My usual spots never produce after rain and thought y'all may have some insight.
Posted By: Cajun Bass Buster

Re: Morning bite? - 07/05/17 12:33 AM

I'm not familiar with your area, but the post rain bite can be dynamite. Look for creeks or ditches that drain into the lake. That new water coming into the lake can really make them stack up in those areas and they are typically easy to catch.
Posted By: Sunbae

Re: Morning bite? - 07/05/17 06:00 AM

It's probably too late, but what cajun said. I usually throw a 3 to 4" swimbait on a jighead and try to take advantage of those feeding bass in the morning after some rain. If there's enough of a frenzy, the larger bass might get curious and hug the bottom for scraps. That's what I believe anyways, and have had some success throwing larger, bottom dragging baits.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Morning bite? - 07/05/17 11:58 AM

The bite absolutely died after the rain for me yesterday. So bad, that at 11am I spot locked the boat on a point and STARTED CLEANING AND ORGANIZING MY TACKLE BOXES, waiting for weigh in. ! In a tourney too! My 5 biggest all came before 8 am.

I was stumped.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Morning bite? - 07/05/17 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
The bite absolutely died after the rain for me yesterday. So bad, that at 11am I spot locked the boat on a point and STARTED CLEANING AND ORGANIZING MY TACKLE BOXES, waiting for weigh in. ! In a tourney too! My 5 biggest all came before 8 am.

I was stumped.

Same here. Topwater was good, then the wind stopped blowing. The fish shut down too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum