Texas Fishing Forum

New pair of Costa's

Posted By: RandyK

New pair of Costa's - 07/02/17 05:04 PM

Need a new pair of Costa sunglasses. Where can I get a good deal?
Posted By: NTXR

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/02/17 05:13 PM

You can shop the sites below for a lot of discontinued models at good discounts. Current models won't be any cheaper. Ebay is your best bet if you're looking for something current.

Sierra Trading Post

Backcountry
Posted By: Jswanz58

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/02/17 05:15 PM

Steep and cheep is the best place because you get get 40-60% off
Posted By: Tc24

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/02/17 05:15 PM

eBay has some great prices on new ones... Buy from a seller that has excellent feedback. I bought some brand new Fantails w/ 580G lenses for around 160.00 awhile back. Plastic lenses are of course a lot less & the places listed by others above have great prices on them!
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 04:03 PM

Call us or message me with the model you want and check our prices.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Classic Fiberglass
Call us or message me with the model you want and check our prices.

I have bought couple pair for wife and I at Classic. Great dealer.
Posted By: RBO

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 04:29 PM

Just an FYI...

If the Costa's you find on Ebay, Alibaba, and Ecommerce-only sites are not discontinued styles or colors, there's a very good chance that they're counterfeit.

The 2 most counterfeited products on the market are watches and sunglasses. They're getting very, very sneaky. I sent a link to Costa of an Amazon dealer that was listed as "Costa Del Mar" and had 580g glasses at $179. It was a company out of the Far East selling counterfeits. Costa does have an Amazon marketplace. But the glasses they sell are the same price as our brick and mortar dealers.

Costa dealers that are approved to sell online are the obvious exception. In order to sell online, they have to agree not to discount.

It's always good to buy from local dealers. You know what you're getting, they know the fit you need, and you're helping a business that's provides for the local economy.

Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RBO
Just an FYI...

If the Costa's you find on Ebay, Alibaba, and Ecommerce-only sites are not discontinued styles or colors, there's a very good chance that they're counterfeit.

The 2 most counterfeited products on the market are watches and sunglasses. They're getting very, very sneaky. I sent a link to Costa of an Amazon dealer that was listed as "Costa Del Mar" and had 580g glasses at $179. It was a company out of the Far East selling counterfeits. Costa does have an Amazon marketplace. But the glasses they sell are the same price as our brick and mortar dea

Costa dealers that are approved to sell online are the obvious exception. In order to sell online, they have to agree not to discount.

It's always good to buy from local dealers. You know what you're getting, they know the fit you need, and you're helping a business that's provides for the local economy.

I am sure this is the case on a lot sites. But Steepandcheap.com is a discounter of multiple high end lines of outdoor gear - not just sunglasses. I have had my Blue Mirror Hamlin's inspected at the Classic in the Costa booth & they verified the authenticity. Too bad they only do high end fly fishing gear.
Posted By: RBO

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Swimbait
Originally Posted By: RBO
Just an FYI...

The 2 most counterfeited products on the market are watches and sunglasses. They're getting very, very sneaky. I sent a link to Costa of an Amazon dealer that was listed as "Costa Del Mar" and had 580g glasses at $179. It was a company out of the Far East selling counterfeits. Costa does have an Amazon marketplace. But the glasses they sell are the same price as our brick and mortar dea

I am sure this is the case on a lot sites. But Steepandcheap.com is a discounter of multiple high end lines of outdoor gear - not just sunglasses. I have had my Blue Mirror Hamlin's inspected at the Classic in the Costa booth & they verified the authenticity. Too bad they only do high end fly fishing gear.

I understand on Steepandcheap, Sierra Trading, etc. They buy discontinued frame colors, lens color combos, etc in bulk each year.

They're legit in that respect. That's why I said "are not discontinued styles or colors". Dealers have the choice each year to return discontinued SKU's for credit, or discount as they see fit. The ones sent back,as well as what Costa has on hand, go to those sites.

I was specifically addressing Ebay and Alibaba and should have been more clear.
Posted By: Tc24

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 06:29 PM

The Costa Fantail's I bought off eBay are 100% authentic. I even went by the local Academy Sports & compared them to a pair they had in stock & they were the same in every way, including box, paperwork & case... smile That being said, I'm sure their are counterfeit Costa's out there, so buyer beware...

Here's some tips on how to spot fake Costa's..

1) Turn your sunglasses from side to side while looking at lenses.One of the key features of Costa Del Mar sunglasses is that they only offer polarized lenses.Costa Del Mar polarized lenses will appear black when turned from side to side. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSWQAceo6g
2) Watch inside temples of the sunglasses. Laurie Fontenot, Costa Del Mar representatives, saying that all the company’s sunglasses has a “stock unit numbers” and the name of the style sheet imprinted in this area.They will also wear the Costa Del Mar the logo(The wave styled C) and the name of the manufacturing site inside the temple.
3) Check the lenses of the sunglasses.Costa Del Mar sunglasses have practically glare-free lens called “580.”Authentic sunglasses will have many “580P” etched on the upper outside corner of the right lens on PLASTIC lenses & just "580" on GLASS lenses.
4) Look at the hinges in sunglasses.Only stainless steel hinges are used in all the Costa Del Mar eyewear.Fakes will often have poorly-adjusted hinges.
5) Check the overall performance of your sunglasses.Any scratches or imperfections in the lenses or finish are indicators that the glasses are fake.
6) Take photographs of real Costa Del Mar sunglasses with you and compare them with the sunglasses.The photographs can help you detect subtle differences in the knock-offs.
7) Check the weight.The international anti-counterfeit Coalition says most counterfeits are utilizing cheaper materials making them much lighter in weight than the originals.

Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 07:16 PM

Good info
Posted By: KB1953

Re: New pair of Costa's - 07/03/17 09:53 PM

Randy, I have a brand new pair in the box for $100.00, retail for $189.00 plus tax, ad is in the classified section, thanks Ken. cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum