Texas Fishing Forum

lake powell. page, az

Posted By: just plain bill

lake powell. page, az - 06/30/17 05:55 PM

What an amazing environment to fish in...boated four, lost six, and about ten pulldowns when I threw a field mouse...coulda had tons more fish, but all I was throwing was topwaters, as usual, and it's mostly stripers in there, apparently...had a blast! Also fished the California delta, which is kinda the most amazing bass environment I've ever encountered! Similar numbers there as well....never did see any schooling, however...guide said they school in the fall...did catch a 3.25 smallmouth in prineville reservoir near bend, oregon...
Posted By: Thomas H.

Re: lake powell. page, az - 06/30/17 06:23 PM

Beautiful! Plan on going there in fall time to catch my first stripers.

Re: lake powell. page, az - 06/30/17 08:06 PM

avoid the 'real texas bbq' restaurant...the worst bbq here would crush that dump...got some ribs and brisket, and somebody oughta sue 'em for misrepresenting real tx bbq...in fact, they misrepresent bbq from anywhere in the world...very bland stuff... if you're looking for a guide up there, try tom at best in west...he fished professionally for 24 years and has some great stories about all the pros...plus he's got a real nice boat to fish off...he runs the antelope marina...
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: lake powell. page, az - 07/01/17 02:09 AM

That lake is awesome! The water clarity was like 30' in some places. The cliffs and the seclusion back in some of the coves make for an unforgettable experience. I did more drinking than fishing when I was there last year at this time, but did see some nice ones under some overhangs while snorkeling.

Re: lake powell. page, az - 07/01/17 10:50 AM

Bounced my topwater off the cliff sides several times in an attempt to get close to where the fish were! Not a scratch! Yo zuri is some tough stuff, lol!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum