Alan Henry Report

Posted By: sprigsss

Alan Henry Report - 06/29/17 03:34 PM

I caught "A" fish on a crankbait.

That's newsworthy to me.

That is all.
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: Alan Henry Report - 06/29/17 04:22 PM

This time of year I catch them on grass or transition shorelines out there on the bottom. Find the edge and fish slow .
Posted By: RJF1423

Re: Alan Henry Report - 06/29/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Cheesehead Wes
This time of year I catch them on grass or transition shorelines out there on the bottom. Find the edge and fish slow .
Grass? At Alan Henry????

NVM I just saw that you said grad shorelines.
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Alan Henry Report - 06/30/17 01:59 PM

During the summer I just go really early for topwater fun and back home by noon.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Alan Henry Report - 06/30/17 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ksalmon
During the summer I just go really early for topwater fun and back home by noon.

I hear you there.

Been dragging a lot of big swimbaits down deep, big jigs, big worms, etc.

Fishing for 1 bite, one day it will happen..................I hope.

Marked a bunch of fish in the middle of the river channel 20'-30' down up the lake. Was thinking it was catfish, gar or carp. 3 casts with a 6xd yielded a pretty nice spot, but nothing after that.
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: Alan Henry Report - 06/30/17 08:15 PM

There is grass all over the lake. Not hydrilla... but there is grass.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Alan Henry Report - 07/02/17 12:11 AM

3 weeks ago I caught a 6.47 lber on a wacky rigged senko. Shallow and she had a bloody tail, too. She didn't give up or roll over, she came to the boat 3 times before we could net her. This was in the Friday night working man's T. Go check the report out in the Freshwater Reports section, should still be front page. My partner I fished with had 2 for 5.57, all were LMB. All were over 18" too. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. NEXT working man's coming up on 7/7. The only grass I can find on the lake, besides snot grass, is called pepper weed or aligator grass or something else. It grows in clumps and will hold fish, but nothing like hydrilla and it is tuffer to fish, because ti grabs the line as it comes thru the grass. Not much of it around, but some, in places. Hope this helps.

Thad Rains

If anybody wants to see pictures of the fish, text me at 806-786-3766.

tr
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum