Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard

Posted By: futeki

Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 07:50 PM

Will be fishing Ray Hubbard for the first time tomorrow. Any tips on where to fish? I'll be with my girlfriend (who doesn't fish), so trying to keep her entertained and possibly get her into fishing. Her family has a wakeboarding boat we'll be using, so have access to anywhere, but won't have a fish finder to know depth and temperature. Feel free to just send a PM. Thanks!
Posted By: RL206

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 08:00 PM

Its tough to fish with all the wakeboard waves, good luck if you go.
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 08:11 PM

Keeping a non-fishing girlfriend from getting bored can be tough. In the evening about an hour before dark start watching the birds and they will show you where the sand bass are schooling on shad. Find a school boiling and have her throw a spoon, or slab in and you can catch a bunch in a hurry.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 08:36 PM

ROT Angler has a good point. Similar tactic to keeping a 5 year olds attention (not that your gf is like a 5 year old) and getting them hooked on fishing. This is your best bet.

May the fish Gods be ever in your favor. Godspeed!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 08:53 PM

My best suggestion is to take her to another lake if you want to get her interested in fishing. You may have picked the worst one in DFW to get someone to like fishing. VERY frustrating lake for a newbie.
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 08:59 PM

Cruise that wake board boat up to the river at dusk and take the cut into the flats past the island and chunk a buzz bait...or not.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 09:07 PM

go sand bass fishing if you want her to be interested
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/28/17 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: fishincontrol
Cruise that wake board boat up to the river at dusk and take the cut into the flats past the island and chunk a buzz bait...or not.

And let me know when so I can watch lol....
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/29/17 12:19 AM

Go early or late and look for the birds, if that fails look for a bunch of boats together. fish
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/29/17 12:35 AM

If all else fails you can treat her to a nice dinner at the Fish House at BPS. Always good way to end the day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum