Texas Fishing Forum

What would you do?

Posted By: i-Fish

What would you do? - 06/28/17 01:59 PM

Looking to buy a boat. However, I'm in a pickle. There is one boat which is THE boat that I want that isn't available until September. It's a great deal too. Someone else is interested in buying the same boat as well.

There is a second boat that I would also enjoy having but it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the other boat has but I would be happy to have it.

There is no guarantee that I will get boat #1. Good chance but no guarantee. People are people and sometimes they don't always follow through on what they say.

I REALLY want a boat NOW.

So the question is, do I buy boat #2 now and sell in September if boat if and when boat #1 becomes available to ME? Do I take a chance, not have a boat for another 3 months and wait for boat #1? HEEEEELP!
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:02 PM

Put a deposit down on boat #1 now and wait until September.
Posted By: TexanTiger

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:09 PM

not sure how much experience you have in buying and selling boats, but i personally would not buy a boat i plan on selling in less than a couple years...way too much head ache, i am impatient and know the feeling of wanting it now, i have always been happier when i waited, good luck!
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:17 PM

Me personally, I would wait, the dog days of summer are almost here! September will be prime time!
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:18 PM

Its too hot right now anyway. Wait til September
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Too hot right now?..... violin

To the OP, patience my friend. Patience....
Posted By: Zebco1961

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:36 PM

There is a great boat and price somewhere everyday of the year.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BigBassB
Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Too hot right now?..... violin

To the OP, patience my friend. Patience....

I mean I'm still out there a few times a week. Just trying to help OP out lol.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 04:44 PM

Wait for "THE boat"

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 04:57 PM

Patience....what a silly concept. I guess I'll wait! I hope to get that boat! Thanks for the wisdom. I just need to calm down....and probably stop looking at boats grin
Posted By: David Allen

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 05:16 PM

Wait for "THE Boat". You will be happier in the long run. Get what you really want; don't settle.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 05:26 PM

Like mentioned above I would ask to put a deposit down on the boat you want to secure it. DONT GET INTO A HURRY BUYING A BOAT!!!!
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 05:56 PM

Buy a $300 kayak to fish out of until the boat you want is available. You will get it cheaper when hunting season starts
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 06:00 PM

don't buy either until ur 100 percent sure
i know it is tuff being without a boat makes us do crazy thing to get on the water but be patient there is a lot of fish in that sea
something else will pop up might blow them both out of the water
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 06:27 PM

Don't let 3 months disappoint years of boat ownership.. offer to put a deposit on boat #1 and wait.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 06:50 PM

If I was absolutely sure Boat #1 was "The One", I would seek to put a down payment on said boat. That will leave you 3 or 4 months to get all your ducks in a row for when it is time to hook it up to the truck. If not, rest assure come this Fall or winter there will be deals galore out there. Never know what might come your way. Most boat ownerships regrets come when you are in too much of a hurry and just can't stand it and you got to have it. Do your homework

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 07:49 PM

I am doing a trip in THE boat next week where I'll get to check everything out and fish the whole day in it as well. I'll be sure to chat with him then about a deposit. As far as I'm concerned, even with somebody else being interested in the boat, if the seller can't accept a deposit from me then that may be a red flag for me. It would suggest that he's leaning towards the other prospective buyer or leaning towards not selling at all. Either way it should give me a better idea. He did tell me that he wanted to give me an opportunity to see the boat before he accepted any money so hopefully next week comes with great news!
Posted By: reelswift

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 08:04 PM

What brand & model is "The" boat ? rock

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: reelswift
What brand & model is "The" boat ? rock

both are nitro z7's
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: What would you do? - 06/28/17 10:31 PM

if it Fly's, Floats, or F's.. then rent it smile is what my dad always said.

Never ever have HOT PANTS for anything. mistake #1 most buyers make. If you want boat #1, put a deposit on it and get some sort of Written document with "intent to sell" if the seller would agree.

I'll bet that by September, you'll find another boat that's even better than Boat #1 in your senario.

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What would you do? - 06/29/17 12:29 AM

Those the only two boats that appeal to you ? You not considering any other brand ? I've seen a lot of good deals on here, Boat Trader and Craigslist that are ready now. If your wanting or needing a boat now I wouldn't tie myself strictly to those two unless they are just dirt cheap.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: What would you do? - 06/29/17 12:40 AM

do a deposit deal and get it in writing, get a compression check on any used boat, never every have HOT PANTS,...
bolt slow down take your time,..you'll be glad you did..
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: What would you do? - 06/29/17 01:08 AM

Buy some jet skis and live it up in the summer. Then, sell those things and go back to the boring days and ways of fishing in Sept.

Re: What would you do? - 06/30/17 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Those the only two boats that appeal to you ? You not considering any other brand ? I've seen a lot of good deals on here, Boat Trader and Craigslist that are ready now. If your wanting or needing a boat now I wouldn't tie myself strictly to those two unless they are just dirt cheap.

Boat #1 is a steal. It's a RARE deal considering price, added upgrades, condition, etc. I've talked to the guy several times and I'm going to say it's 1 in 100 to find this boat in this shape at this price. If the boat was one of many fish in the pond then I would have no good reason to hold out for this particular boat but I have several good reasons for holding out for this particular boat.
Posted By: David Bailey

Re: What would you do? - 06/30/17 02:10 AM

Since you said #2 boat just lacks some bells and whistles, why not just buy some and equip #2 boat?

Re: What would you do? - 06/30/17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: David Bailey
Since you said #2 boat just lacks some bells and whistles, why not just buy some and equip #2 boat?

If I equipped boat #2 with the upgrades that boat #1 has I'd spend 10k more than what boat #1 costs. See my point?

Cost, value, upgrades, warranty, boat 1 has it all.
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 08:08 AM

As long as it isn't too good to be true. And it is the boat you want then buy it.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 08:32 AM

Sounds to good to be true

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 12:18 PM

I'll find out next week.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 12:47 PM

Hope it works out for you, do you plan on having it inspected by a trusted repair shop?
Posted By: 361V

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 01:16 PM

Any time we say: "I really want something now" we often stop making rational decisions and start making emotional decisions. Just sayin. Good luck w/your decision.

Re: What would you do? - 07/01/17 02:30 PM

Oh, absolutely. I'll take every precaution one would take when looking for a used boat. I'm not assuming anything here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum