Texas Fishing Forum

Installing on-board charger, quick question...

Posted By: wlgorman

Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:20 PM

Installing this thing today. Have 3 batteries wired in series for 36v TM. And one main starting battery. All with obvious connections at terminal.

When wiring the charger wires to each individual battery, do I just put the charger connections on top of the existing terminals (to TM, and Motor/Console)?

I think thats right, but not sure. I got the Noco Genius 4 bank 10A and it doesnt tell me what to do in the instructions.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:24 PM

no help, but let me know how you like that charger. Been looking at the same one recently. coach
Posted By: squib

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:38 PM

Yep, wire the paired leads to each battery separately. Disregard the other wiring on the batteries. I know it seems odd. I typically put my charger leads directly on top of the leads pulling power to the motors. Get a wire brush and shine everything up to make good connections. If you have two sets of posts on each battery, you can put charger leads on them. Or you can buy battery post blocks that fit on the posts and give your more places to make connections.

Something along these lines: https://www.amazon.com/BaiFM-Top-Post-Te...s=battery+posts

But these are not necessary
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:40 PM

Yes just hook it to the terminals along with anything else that is already there. One Red and one black from the same bank on the charger per battery.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: coachmas
no help, but let me know how you like that charger. Been looking at the same one recently. coach

I have had Genius charger for about 3 years and they do a great job. I have 2 two banks because of the room.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 07:49 PM

Make sure you double check the mounting surface and don't screw it through the hull. roflmao
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
Make sure you double check the mounting surface and don't screw it through the hull. roflmao

Do you speak from experience?
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Installing on-board charger, quick question... - 06/27/17 08:45 PM

Screwed one to the trailer long time ago
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum