Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone Tried the Trapper Tackle Hooks

Posted By: StratVoodoo

Anyone Tried the Trapper Tackle Hooks - 06/26/17 02:37 AM

Anyone tried the Trapper Tackle worm hooks? What do you think?
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...e_gap_hook_x_he[/img]
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Anyone Tried the Trapper Tackle Hooks - 06/26/17 10:34 AM

I use them on my weightless flukes and senkos. They do hold the fish on. Fish are always hooked in the top of the mouth and I cant remember one every coming off. I really thought I wouldn't buy another pack after my first but we used them exclusively in a tournament on Rayburn and could tell a difference in the hold rate so much that it became a joke between my partner and me until he finally switched over to. I still don't use them on my t-rigs because they are a little long, but I like them on my weightless rigs. I even reviewed them once on here saying I wasn't trowing away what I had but wouldn't be buying more, but I was wrong because I just ordered more last week.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Anyone Tried the Trapper Tackle Hooks - 06/26/17 11:47 AM

I have seen these mentioned before, seen them listed for sale.

Less room to toss a hook around with a head shake ought to mean less fish come off. It would be analogous to head shakes and loose lines, that the less "pinned" a fish is, the more likely it can shake off. If the fish is hooked inside the "trap" or "box," it just won't be able to move the hook much distance for the force it needs to shake loose.

*** Didn't see it the first time on TW but Trapper Tackle also has the same hook in a drop shot configuration down to #4s.

I think the drop shot version of the hook would be an interesting hook for a wacky worm presentation.

Brad
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Anyone Tried the Trapper Tackle Hooks - 06/26/17 05:08 PM

I have used them for 2 months now and I am a believer....great hook just wish I would have thought of it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum