Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted.

Posted By: Bass Champs Staff

Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/25/17 10:41 PM

William Flournoy & James Chumley Win over $60,000 at the Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn. Top a record 286 teams with 33.02 lbs.

Full results on http://www.basschamps.com
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 03:10 AM

Stanley Jigs did it again...
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 04:18 AM

Can't wait to hear the story!
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 05:27 PM

Can someone give me the way point on that brush pile...daaang
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man

Ha no joke right. I see lots of brushpile fisherman in the top 10
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 06:02 PM

Do I count correctly that only 4-5 of the teams that cut a check were not "locals"? Maybe Champs should consider rotating lakes for this event. But it draws enough that they probably won't. RayLedo folks, Congrats on a stellar tournament!
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 06:08 PM

I think regardless of where they go for this event it will be dominated by locals. The time of year almost dictates it to be an offshore tourney and that tends to benefit the local guys...not always but most of the time. I also can't think of another lake in Texas in late June right now they could get that number of boats. Ray Roberts would probably be the closest and it would probably only draw 175-200 teams.

I would love for them to rotate it to Ray Bob too....doubt it will happen but I'd fish it for sure vs driving 5 hours to Rayburn.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Do I count correctly that only 4-5 of the teams that cut a check were not "locals"? Maybe Champs should consider rotating lakes for this event. But it draws enough that they probably won't. RayLedo folks, Congrats on a stellar tournament!

I guess that depends what you call a local. I can count at least 20 teams that aren't from the immediate area but that doesn't mean they don't fish Rayburn every weekend. Either way who cares, everyone always wants tournament trails to get away from Rayledo but they still keep drawing so it really doesn't make sense for them to move it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
I think regardless of where they go for this event it will be dominated by locals. The time of year almost dictates it to be an offshore tourney and that tends to benefit the local guys...not always but most of the time. I also can't think of another lake in Texas in late June right now they could get that number of boats. Ray Roberts would probably be the closest and it would probably only draw 175-200 teams.

I would love for them to rotate it to Ray Bob too....doubt it will happen but I'd fish it for sure vs driving 5 hours to Rayburn.

Randy Sullivan and Spike Stoker are hardly local to Rayburn. Last year they were 2ND this year 6th. I think anybody who wants to put in the time can be competitive.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 07:16 PM

I assure you Champs isn't concerned with who is winning the money at their tournaments. They are going to host an event at the lakes where they can get the largest turnout. Rayburn continues to support tournaments. As long as this happens, they will continue to be there. Don't forget - it's a business to Bass Champs.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/26/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

Randy Sullivan and Spike Stoker are hardly local to Rayburn. Last year they were 2ND this year 6th. I think anybody who wants to put in the time can be competitive.

I saw Spike's name and knew that. Still recall he and his partner CRUSHING the field on the Bass Champs championship on Ivie many years ago. My post wasn't a complaint in any way shape or form. And yes I am very well aware anyone who puts the time and effort has a chance to compete anywhere.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/27/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Originally Posted By: Insurance man

Ha no joke right. I see lots of brushpile fisherman in the top 10

The weather and "other" conditions changed and shut down a strong Frog bite. Some of the guys that stayed with us had BIG fish roll on the frogs but would not "take" the baits. The previous weeks had a strong Frog bite competing with the Deepwater bite.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/28/17 12:25 AM

be real interesting if they made this a two day tourny with one day on T-bend and second day on rayburn....probably cause some logistic headaches for the tourney staff but it would stop locals from dominating the field..(or at least make them double up on putting out brushpiles)....
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/28/17 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap
be real interesting if they made this a two day tourny with one day on T-bend and second day on rayburn....probably cause some logistic headaches for the tourney staff but it would stop locals from dominating the field..(or at least make them double up on putting out brushpiles)....

They've had this format for years in bassnbucks. I promise it would still be dominated by locals. Most of the sticks fish both lakes
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/28/17 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap

It would be opposite of what you think. Most these teams have a toledo guy with a rayburn guy or they both know each lake really good. Honestly, most of those guys could beat a lot of people on any lake. This tourney is a good fit for champs and fishermen. Most regular season events are all over with except the small stuff and guys usually have championships during the fall so it fills the void. Rayburn brings the crowd so I can't blame them for staying there. I do wonder if maybe they would add a Sabine tourney in the regular east season. Throw a little twist in there.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/28/17 03:19 AM

There is a reason they are called the Rayledo mafia, these guys are good on both lakes. Congrats to the winners and everyone who got a check!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Bass Champs - Techron TX Shootout on Rayburn Results are posted. - 06/28/17 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

I saw Spike's name and knew that. Still recall he and his partner CRUSHING the field on the Bass Champs championship on Ivie many years ago. My post wasn't a complaint in any way shape or form. And yes I am very well aware anyone who puts the time and effort has a chance to compete anywhere.

Spike and Randy are sticks wherever they are and Spike spends days and days prefishiing no matter where he's at.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum