Texas Fishing Forum

MLF warning

Posted By: crapyetr

MLF warning - 06/24/17 04:18 PM

i just figured out that the Nacogdoches MLF series is on channel 19 KYTX out of Tyler today at 1pm...NOT on the Outdoor Channel as i thought it would be...might want to check your stations to be sure you don't miss it...i'd been pist~~~!!!~~~
Posted By: senko 10lb

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 04:27 PM

Dish channel 158
Posted By: cob

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 04:34 PM

Thanks. I would have missed it.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 05:24 PM

I was at Naconiche yesterday and the game warden stopped by at the ramp. We were shooting the chit and he told me about it airing today. I asked him if they whacked em and he said he couldn't say as the show hadn't aired, but made a point of saying I wouldn't be disappointed. I've never watched the show but will try to see it. For any of you that have never been there, it is the most interesting lake in east Texas to me. If you stick around the main river channel, you will catch fish. No big ones for me yesterday but it was fun.

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 05:29 PM

Being shown on CBS today.
Posted By: hogbus

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Thanks
On uverse it is CBS Sports Spectacular

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: hogbus

Thanks
On uverse it is CBS Sports Spectacular

Verify its the same thing. Its being shown on regular CBS these next 6 weeks.

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/episodelisting?listing-id=5718
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:02 PM

One guy crushes them. I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:05 PM

I could swear the game warden told me it was held on Naconiche. hmmm
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:08 PM

They will fish several area lakes.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: lconn4
I could swear the game warden told me it was held on Naconiche. hmmm

Its my understanding that they fished at least Lake Nacogdoches, Naconiche and Pinkston.

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:17 PM

Naconiche, Nacogdoches, kurth, Jacksonville
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:18 PM

It's on right now CBS Sports Spectacular, channel 11 on Uverse.
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:26 PM

Hey Iconn. Did you day trip or stay overnight? I've never been to the lake but I'm interesting in camping nearby and fishing it for two days.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:42 PM

It's not on direct tv mad

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:46 PM

Regular CBS station

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Beast From The East

Should be on your local CBS affiliate Beast.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:50 PM

Thanks. It was coming up CBS Los Angeles in the search. I was hot! Lol
Posted By: snickers

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 06:51 PM

try your local channel. I have direct tv and watching it channel 11
Originally Posted By: Beast From The East
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 07:02 PM

Just watched it, Hackney was on fire.

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 08:07 PM

130 fish / 240+lbs...Hack Attack led with 69+lbs
yawl stay outta deep eastx...only for us who live here

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 08:16 PM

info about this tourney

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/article?article-id=7262
Posted By: BassCrankin

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 08:33 PM

Ummmm, is there anywhere that I can watch today's episode? I made sure my DVR was set to record it on CBS.......BUT.......someone else in my household (not going to point any fingers)....it was my wife. She recorded a few things for the kids and herself and apparently knocked the MLF off the priority list. Just got home and it wasn't there. Almost left again, lol. There were a few other things in its place. I'm sure it has to be online somewhere, on demand, something????

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 08:34 PM

OK it's Major League Fishing, so where is Swindle ? Is he not major league ?

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 10:08 PM

6 more next week
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 10:11 PM

Hackney found my spot, fished a club tourney there in April and pulled 5 for 28 lbs on a bubble gum fluke and buzz bait off that area. Didn't catch near the numbers he did tho. Good episode, looks like Vandam misjudged how many fish were on his offshore spot. Great little hidden Gem of a lake.

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: John Peebles
Hackney found my spot, fished a club tourney there in April and pulled 5 for 28 lbs on a bubble gum fluke and buzz bait off that area. Didn't catch near the numbers he did tho. Good episode, looks like Vandam misjudged how many fish were on his offshore spot. Great little hidden Gem of a lake.

Ya yours and every bass fisherman in Nacogdoches...it's called the North end haha
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 10:54 PM

So I had it set to record today on the regular channel it normally comes on but it was in Alabama?
What dish channel was it on today? Obviously I missed it recording on cbs 19 Tyler
Is it listed as something other than Major League Fishing?

Re: MLF warning - 06/24/17 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

They rotate guys out plus schedules don't always line up.
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 01:21 AM

Yep pretty much! LOL! Can't believe none of the other pro's weren't all over that area. Caught two 8+ off that little island. Perfect size lake to fish in a day.
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 02:40 AM

So will today's episode be shown again tomorrow? It's usually shown on Saturday and again Sunday. At least that's how it's been on DISH.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Regular CBS station
Seriously it was on network tv?!, whoever runs MLF must have some deep pockets...

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 04:12 AM

That's where I watched it
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 12:50 PM

RIP to those lakes
Posted By: CCTX

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 01:15 PM

Here's some highlights

Posted By: BassCrankin

Re: MLF warning - 06/25/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by collincountytx
Here's some highlights

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: MLF warning - 06/26/17 12:56 AM

I am so glad it was on CBS. The Outdoor Channel on Direct TV (at my house) was not in HD. Nice to watch MLF at 2017 viewing standards.

I can't wait to watch them fish Kurth. It's hard to believe there is going to be all that MLF stuff at the Kurth ramp. There are some BIG fish in that lake!
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: MLF warning - 06/26/17 01:04 AM

That's a fun show.

Re: MLF warning - 06/26/17 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
I am so glad it was on CBS. The Outdoor Channel on Direct TV (at my house) was not in HD. Nice to watch MLF at 2017 viewing standards.

I can't wait to watch them fish Kurth. It's hard to believe there is going to be all that MLF stuff at the Kurth ramp. There are some BIG fish in that lake!

Ever since Lufkin took it over and periodically pump in nasty river water it's not half of what it was 10 years ago
Posted By: Slefler

Re: MLF warning - 06/26/17 02:47 AM

I'm guessing the fact that it switched to CBS is why they only air an hour long as opposed to two which I found unfortunate you miss a lot of fish, you have to actually keep up with the scoreboard and not nearly as many Scoretracker updates, still love it though.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF warning - 06/26/17 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
RIP to those lakes
Absolutely, Nachoniche show damage will be worse not sure about the other two lakes.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

They rotate guys out plus schedules don't always line up.

Actually this is the Championship. You had to accumulate points to qualify for this one. Only 12 guys made it. Swindle was not one of them
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 02:53 PM

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/...ay#.WVJxE5IrIY1

LMAO! I tried to alert you guys to this last week. I guess Plugs and Announcements wasn't the right section to post this. Plus, you can sign up for email updates from MLF. You can also visit their website for all TV schedules.
Posted By: perrypogue

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 03:55 PM

I've got to congratulate Boyd Duckett as I believe he's the primary person who developed the concept. Now getting it on a major network...wow! All thoses pro's will benefit financially and even more in the future. I haven't seen it mentioned but they also offer a subscription to myoutdoortv.com for $9.99/month. If you subscribe I think you'll see more coverage than just the hour on CBS. Fishing for a living has always been tough but MLF will be a big help.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 04:04 PM

I am hoping later we will get the full 2 hour treatment of these episodes on the Outdoor Channel. I understand the network doesn't want to devote 2 hours to each one, but the coverage is definitely short changed. With more time, you can get more in to what is going on mentally, both pressure wise, and fishing wise.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
RIP to those lakes

Am thinking the same thing...

Surprised nobody has mentioned Kriet stripping down to his skivvies to get fish hung on a dock. Good stuff
Posted By: TSpencer

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
I am hoping later we will get the full 2 hour treatment of these episodes on the Outdoor Channel. I understand the network doesn't want to devote 2 hours to each one, but the coverage is definitely short changed. With more time, you can get more in to what is going on mentally, both pressure wise, and fishing wise.

Exactly, just a bunch of music and jumping from one to the next every few seconds. Couldn't get into it at all.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: MLF warning - 06/27/17 08:37 PM

This show is awesome. Is it going to make me make a special trip to Nacogdoches to fish these lakes? Probably not. I simply don't get all of the RIP comments.

People get so upset when their lakes get shown out so good on TV or the internet and quite honestly so have I in the past with Monti. But in the end it's not the crowds that bother me.......it the way several of them come on the lake and act. After the annual Monticello frog show by Wilcox (which typically airs months after it was filmed) the place goes crazy with guys that will do whatever they want when it comes to fishing in and around you.

Just remember that none of us own these lakes and all we want it people that come visit them act in a courteous manner on the water.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: MLF warning - 06/28/17 01:32 AM

I don't really get the RIP for these lakes either. All lakes are capable of kicking you in the rear and I have had plenty of those days on Nac and Naconiche. When guys take the time to come here and catch either one of these lakes on an average day, they will know they are like most any other lake. I have had way more average days on both lakes than Hackney type days. I am interested in the other lakes they fished. Rumor has it there may be a big one coming.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum