Texas Fishing Forum

Daiwa Rod Warranty

Posted By: TwoLakes

Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 02:49 AM

I bought 3 new Daiwa Zillion Rods off of ebay last year. I was on Pines pitching into a tree top about a month ago and broke the tip as I was pulling a 3 ish pounder out of the top.

I called Daiwa warranty today and I have to ship them the rod for it to be inspected and they'll determine whether or not to warranty the rod. I'm shipping to California, so not sure what it will cost just yet. So, I'm going to ship it on the hope that someone determines it will be a warranty replacement. Otherwise, I guess I'm out of luck and the 1 year warranty didn't mean anything??

So, now I'm thinking I should not buy anymore Daiwa rods and I need to stick with a rod company that has a better warranty if I break a rod while using it as it was designed to be used.

I've broken many rods in the past and never tried to get one warrantied. It's usually my fault it broke, so I buy another one if I liked it. For this 279.00 retail rod, I was hoping to hear something a little more positive from the customer service rep I spoke with.

Is this the normal process or do other rod manufacturers offer a better experience with their higher end rods?
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 12:53 PM

I have never used Daiwa warranty but I have 2 Zillions and they are my favorite. I have a Megabass and have used theirs and I had to download a form, send receipt and ship to California. They replaced it. I would bet they will make it good.
Posted By: Dwhitt

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 01:24 PM

The day my GLoomis GLX's arrived in the mail I took one pond fish cause I hadn't picked my boat up from the dealer yet Caught a few on a spinnerbait then switched to a worm First hookset it broke I called them they assured me I must have bruised the rod which I argued with them about but they finally replaced it for free A year or so later broke another one This time they charged me $50 to replace it Now I see that they have a no questions asked warranty but on the GLX it's $100 to replace it I also had a Fenwick Techna AV that broke I carried it to Brannans in Powderly to see if they had a match The lady found one on her rack and said here you go I said but I didn't buy this rod here Her reply was But you will your next one ?? I said Yes mam I will So when I need a new rod that's where I shall go Great people there !!!
Posted By: dr14

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 01:27 PM

They replaced a rod I sent to them that had the tip broken. If it is a rod you like I would go ahead and ship it and see what they do.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 01:44 PM

Pretty common practice. Daiwa is super easy to deal with though and usually will go above and beyond to make a customer happy.

Good practice when buying from an Ebay retailer is to make sure they are an authorized Daiwa retailer then print a receipt off after the purchase to keep for your records. Warranties usually only covered gear sold through that brand's authrorized dealers.

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 02:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did purchase the rods through a Daiwa retailer so I should be good in that respect. I'm going to ship it back to them and see how it works out because I really like the Zillion rods.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 07:04 PM

I just spoke with Abu Garcia and they have excellent customer service. One of the guides broke off of my Veracity and I figured I'd see if they would cover it before I sent it off to have the guide fixed. I didn't have the receipt and told them I bought it in September 2015 and they are sending me a brand new rod for $10 shipping and handling. Didn't even ask me to ship the broken rod back to them. They also didn't have the Veracity in stock so they upgraded me to a Villain which is about $50 more. I will definitely continue to buy Abu Garcia gear in the future!

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 09:02 PM

Wow!!! That's the type of service I would like. Right or wrong, I'm a little irritated with the response from Daiwa and the trouble I need to go through just for a chance that they "might" warranty the rod.

Oh well. Live and learn.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Daiwa Rod Warranty - 06/22/17 09:26 PM

I had nearly the same experience with Abu. I had a plastic guide eye insert pop out on my Veritas 2.0 and super glued it back in. Then I had another guide insert pop out on a second Veritas 2.0 about a week later, so I called to tell them about the issues I was having and the guy said if I send them pictures and $10 per rod they would replace both rods and I didn't even have to send my other two back. They called me up after I went through the process and let me know that my rod length/action was out of stock and asked if I would like a different one, so I said sure and asked for a similar priced line. It also ended up being on backorder, so he ended up giving me the Ike series rods (substantially more expensive) at no additional cost. Great experience for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum