Texas Fishing Forum

Costa lenses scratched

Posted By: Motomax

Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 03:06 AM

Scratched my lenses.... Anybody have luck getting them replaced by the factory or know how much they charge?
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 04:57 AM

I sent mine in because the nose piece was falling off and They said I had lense damage. It wasn't noticeable so I didn't fix it but I want to say it was $100 or so for new glass lenses
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 08:26 AM

I sent mine in for a cracked lens, they said frame was damaged too. So yes, about $100. Then at the BASSMASTER fest at Rayburn, they had a booth and offered free repairs/cleaning. I handed him my glasses that I had replaced only a few months earlier, and the guy starts cleaning and says, we'll replace the frame for free. He just did it and the frames were practically new. I didn't get it.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: basseditor
I sent mine in for a cracked lens, they said frame was damaged too. So yes, about $100. Then at the BASSMASTER fest at Rayburn, they had a booth and offered free repairs/cleaning. I handed him my glasses that I had replaced only a few months earlier, and the guy starts cleaning and says, we'll replace the frame for free. He just did it and the frames were practically new. I didn't get it.

They have lifetime frame warranty. The first time you sent them in you didn't get charged anything for the frame replacement, that's just how much the lenses cost.
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: basseditor

Those guys during Bassfest were very generous in their replacement of lenses and glasses. I know of some happy people that left the expo that day.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 01:21 PM

I think we have at least two Costa rep on this board, I wonder why they never chirp up
Posted By: Dean74

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 04:49 PM

Sent mine in a few months back for the rubber nose piece and they sent a brand new pair lenses included for just the processing fee which was $10 I think. The lenses were damaged from grinding in them.
Posted By: RBO

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 06:02 PM

Approx $80-$100 depending on lens. Glass, poly, mirror, non-mirror, etc.

Chirp, chirp...
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/20/17 11:28 PM

Correct, anywhere from $60 for poly to $100 for glass. Shipping and processing is believe $12.95
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: Costa lenses scratched - 06/21/17 02:25 AM

The rubber on mine keep coming off. I sent off a pair of fanthoms a couple years ago and got a whole new pair. Now I have 2 pairs of Permits and on one of them, the rubber is coming off again. Just printed off my label to send them in too. Mine have been great otherwise. Have about 4 pairs. The lenses are great and about impossible for me to scratch. I do take care of them but they are used almost every day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum