Texas Fishing Forum

Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area

Posted By: Fisher421

Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/11/17 05:34 AM

I just moved the family to Midlothian from out of state a few weeks ago. Looking for some good ponds to let my sons get some bank fishing in when we don't take the boat out. Any suggestions on good spots would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Posted By: Jerry L

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/11/17 12:04 PM

Pearson park in Red Oak is close. Lots of small bream and I usually catch a bass or two using small white spinnerbaits. Do a google search for the park and you will get directions and a decent overview of the park.
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/11/17 12:08 PM

Joe pool is not too far away and Lake Alvarado might work for you also.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/11/17 12:31 PM

Might try Cleburne State Park, Lake Clark in Ennis, community fishing lakes on the Texas Lake Finder:

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cfl_r2.phtml?r=2

There's also a forum here for Ponds, under "Additional Topics".

Good luck!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/11/17 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: reeltexan

Might try Cleburne State Park, Lake Clark in Ennis, community fishing lakes on the Texas Lake Finder:

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cfl_r2.phtml?r=2

There's also a forum here for Ponds, under "Additional Topics".

Good luck!
go to city lake in Ennis. Clark is too hard to bank fish.

I second Pearson . I have caught some 3-4 pounders there. Also one 7. It has been stocked with floridas.

There is a nice pond on 287 and 67. Privately owned, but the owner will give some folks permission to fish it. It was midloathians original steam train water refueling pond back in the early 1900's. It's been there a while.
Posted By: Fisher421

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/14/17 01:28 AM

Thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated!
Posted By: RickD78

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/14/17 02:43 AM

Sleaze,

Are you referring to the pond on the NW corner of 67 and 287 across the highway from Life Church? I drive past that thing everyday and have wondered about it... But, I know it belongs to someone other than me so I haven't tried going in there. Any ideas how to contact that owner?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/14/17 12:17 PM

Sleaze? Haha

The owner lives on the west side of the pond. He lets church groups fish the pond on occasion. The church he attends is the big one on your right as you start to wind back into the houses on the east side.

I met him when my wife and I were interested in buying the land on the southeast side of the pond. The price was too far out of reach for her and I at the time, but he said I should come fish the pond and I might change my mind.

I never tried it, but he did say he would let folks fish it if they came and asked. He even has a Jon boat he would have let me use if I wanted to use it. Don't know if that's normal, but I doubt it. He seemed like a really nice guy. Very country.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/14/17 04:41 PM

We called that the bass pond back in the day, it was full of bass. Almost got hit by a train when our truck got stuck on tracks trying to get to it. When they locked all the gates to get in my biggest fish out of it was over 9
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Ponds around Midlothian and surrounding area - 06/14/17 08:31 PM

I fished that pond a lot before that neighborhood and his house were built. Caught some decent fish. Has some carp in it that look like dolphins surfacing when they get around the reeds. I haven't fished there since he moved into the house probably 8 or 9 years ago.

Waxahachie Country Club is supposed to have some good bass in their ponds. You have to be a member or you can pay $2 if you know a member to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum