Texas Fishing Forum

Boat wreck on Fork today

Posted By: Mark Perry

Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 05:47 PM

Looks like two boats collided in front of SRA point an hour or so ago.

Prayers sent to all involved.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 05:51 PM

Yikes!......really hope that no one was hurt seriously, hard to escape a collision with no injuries
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 05:52 PM

angel
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:03 PM

Prayers! So many people out there.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:05 PM

SRA point?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:06 PM

Good Lord how in the Sam hill does this happen especially in that area? It is all wide open down there. Hope all is well.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:16 PM

James Caldemeyer posted on his Facebook page that one of the boats left the scene. Hopefully they find them!
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:16 PM

prayers sent

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
James Caldemeyer posted on his Facebook page that one of the boats left the scene. Hopefully they find them!

Read on same page that the same boat actually went to shore and called for help for the other boat.
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 06:36 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 07:50 PM

Seen these on FB

Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulkey
Seen these on FB

That'll buff right out
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 07:57 PM

I bet the lake wasn't vary crowded like yesterday? Lifting up those involvded.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 08:39 PM

Oh man.... I hope everyone is okay.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 08:47 PM

Rough hit. From behind? Prayers.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:07 PM

On East side north of the dam
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:27 PM

Was this in broad daylight or was it in the fog this morning?
Posted By: Mega23

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:30 PM

A well known Guide was neared the boat accident and seen the other boat leave the scene but not go too far away, They said he called 911. The guide stopped to render aid, he helped get the boat to SRA shoreline where the picnic areas are at and authorities were there to help. The guide said two teenagers were also in the boat and were very shook up and the driver was airlifted to Tyler hospital, not sure of how severe his injuries are, but we all are asking for prayers. Not really sure what happened and how the wreck happened but I'm sure we will get the rest of the story. I hope you all pray for all who are involved. [img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2017/05/full-55796-163437-img_4530.png[/img]

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:33 PM

Daylight

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:39 PM

Was told they went to marina and called 911.. probably should've stayed and rendered help. But we really don't know what was going on in the other boat, I'm sure we will find out soon.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 09:45 PM

Air-lifted to Tyler. Not a good sign.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:00 PM

Caldemeyer needs to edit his FB post if the other boat did not in fact flee the scene.
Posted By: aggieman775

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
Caldemeyer needs to edit his FB post if the other boat did not in fact flee the scene.

He changed it to left the scene

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:20 PM

Caldemeyer said when he drove up the teenagers said the other boat left after they hit them. Later on in the FB Post it said the other boat went to marina and called 911. We will all know soon why they left. Good job James on helping the boater & kids.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:22 PM

I don't understand why the one lady kept coming down on the capt for posting facts.

Going from the scene of the accident to a marina 1 mile away is "fleeing" the scene even if you are going to get help.

Before leaving the scene he should have made sure everyone was okay, there wasn't anything he could do to immediately assist, and to make sure the other boat was sea worthy.

Also should have notified other boat involved of his intentions.

Prayers for all that no one is seriously injured.
Posted By: franchi

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:31 PM

Hard to believe the guy who left the scene didn't have a cell phone
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:57 PM

I hope everyone is going to be okay. Prayers sent to all involved.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss

I don't understand why the one lady kept coming down on the capt for posting facts.

Going from the scene of the accident to a marina 1 mile away is "fleeing" the scene even if you are going to get help.

Before leaving the scene he should have made sure everyone was okay, there wasn't anything he could do to immediately assist, and to make sure the other boat was sea worthy.

Also should have notified other boat involved of his intentions.

Prayers for all that no one is seriously injured.

You gotta remember not everyone thinks well under pressure or duress. People are wired differently and from the impact they themselves may have been knocked a little loopy too.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 11:11 PM

Instead of second guessing the other boat involved. Try and think of ways that you can make boating safer. Mark hit the nail on the head. "not everyone thinks well under pressure or duress". Basically, boaters should work on driving defensive. Let LEO's sort this out. Everyone else, should pray that all involved live to see their loved ones.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 11:46 PM

Well said
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/30/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: franchi

My cell service doesn't cover 100% of Fork. 2cents
Posted By: mudd

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: JustWingem
Originally Posted By: franchi

My cell service doesn't cover 100% of Fork. 2cents

Mine either. Hard to brag with pics when can't send them much less call 911!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 12:36 AM

My wife and I were there Saturday and the haze made it very hard to navigate the boat lanes. It was very weird. We were going to fish Sat, Sun and Monday and only fished a few hours on Saturday. There were not a lot of boats on the water Sat and Sunday that we could tell. Strange weekend.

Amazed something like this happened today.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 12:40 AM

let it go, still get lawyers contacting me from a former Fork accident
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BThomas
Try and think of ways that you can make boating safer. .

learn proper navigation protocols, look where you are going, slow down + stay alert when near other boats.
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 03:33 AM

Was there since daylight. Weather wasn't the issue.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 03:46 AM

I am curious to find out the details on how it happened, if they ever come out.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 12:02 PM

Unless someone is rapidly dying from something you are trained to assist with, in most cases the best thing you can do is call 911 first. Obviously you should check on everyone's status to get a feel for the type of injuries, but after that if their cell phones were ejected or not working, the best thing might well have been to go to the nearest marina to call for help.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 12:14 PM

Any updates on the man they care flighted to Tyler?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Cody posted on James' FB page that the driver care flighted to Tyler is expected to make full recovery but, will be held for a few days
for observation due to the head trauma.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 06:41 PM

I am amazed this doesn't happen more often everybody thinks they need to go 70+ to get to the next spot

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BThomas
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Cody posted on James' FB page that the driver care flighted to Tyler is expected to make full recovery but, will be held for a few days
for observation due to the head trauma.

This is great news, could have been real bad. You can replace a boat.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 06:53 PM

What I am constantly amazed by is all the nimrods on Fork who haven't a clue about navigating in a crowd. I was there Friday through yesterday and, as always, saw it all. The most common errors I see are folks running the wrong side of the buoys, not knowing which way to yield when meeting a boat head on, not knowing when to yield to another boat approaching from port or starboard, not knowing how to safely overtake another boat and not checking their six BEFORE executing a turn or slowing down.

As someone stated earlier, you better be driving defensively these days, especially on Fork.

I hope those involved in this accident will all be ok.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 07:12 PM

That's a big, wide open area. They must have been haulin'

prayers up.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggmann
I am amazed this doesn't happen more often everybody thinks they need to go 70+ to get to the next spot

Exactly why they need to establish speed limits on lakes. I hate going when crowded because you never know when the idiots running g speed don't know what they are doing and they aren't just riding their lives they are risking ours

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 07:52 PM

Very few of the people I saw making boneheaded boating mistakes this weekend were going more than 70 mph. In fact, most were probably traveling 25-50 mph. Speed limits on lakes won't help nearly as much as boater education, some common sense, life jackets and kill switches. Mandatory life jackets being worn while underway would save a ton more lives than speed limits.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
let it go, still get lawyers contacting me from a former Fork accident

That was an awful accident, David you showed a lot of courage in that ordeal..
Prayers for all involved.....
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
What I am constantly amazed by is all the nimrods on Fork who haven't a clue about navigating in a crowd. I was there Friday through yesterday and, as always, saw it all. The most common errors I see are folks running the wrong side of the buoys, not knowing which way to yield when meeting a boat head on, not knowing when to yield to another boat approaching from port or starboard, not knowing how to safely overtake another boat and not checking their six BEFORE executing a turn or slowing down.

As someone stated earlier, you better be driving defensively these days, especially on Fork.

hard as it is to say a LOT of people nowdays need some type of boater/boat driving training. Hell you have complete a-holes in boats doing 70+ mph and they dont have a clue about driving on water.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 08:42 PM

The most common errors I see are folks running the wrong side of the buoys, not knowing which way to yield when meeting a boat head on, not knowing when to yield to another boat approaching from port or starboard, not knowing how to safely overtake another boat and not checking their six BEFORE executing a turn or slowing down.

Whats really scary is half the people i see guilty of the above have young kids on tubes in tow.

Have seen so many people decide to turn around as im passing them and cut right in front of me with kids in tow.

They love to hug the left side of the lake and the inside of blind curves.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 08:43 PM

I posted a link earlier this spring, but always a good idea to go ahead and take the free boater safety course to brush up on the rules of the water. It certainly can't hurt! Pass it on to all you know, if people act like they know it and don't need to take it, challenge them to take it and see how many they get it wrong.... we can sit here all day long and talk about the way things should have been handled, or we can search for a way to inform others to ensure that it doesn't continue to happen. Prayers for a speedy recovery to all involved.

https://www.boatus.org/texas/
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 11:41 PM

I drive fork like everyone else is a 5 yr old that stole daddys car.

3 weeks or so back some nimrod came out of white oak at about 30 and cut me off as I was coming to the 515 bridge. I was running about 65 in the lane and this idiot just comes on out, I passed them less than 5' off their stern. the passenger had the moronic idea to flip me off.

first time I have ever gone back, he got a quick lesson in how the law works on yielding and who has to yield to who.

and NO speed limits are not the solution, how many boat speedometers actually work and are right? not everyone has gps.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 05/31/17 11:44 PM

I will add this too, don't bad mouth the people that left to get help.

if you don't know first aid then you go call 911 you don't try to render aid if you have not a clue what you are doing. that is how people die.

if they waited for leo/ambulance or went back then they did right. we may never know the real reason but it sounds like they knew someone needed more than they could offer.
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Devil Horse
[/quote] hard as it is to say a LOT of people nowdays need some type of boater/boat driving training. Hell you have complete a-holes in boats doing 70+ mph and they dont have a clue about driving on water.

I couldn't agree more.
"Anyone born on or after September 1, 1993 wishing to operate any vessel over 15 horsepower, wind-blown vessel over 14 feet and all personal watercraft must take boater education."

Above is hands down the dumbest sentence in the TPWD handbook I have ever seen. I took my boater's education as a young kid. If I remember correctly, at the time the requirement was for anyone under 16 to take the course. Per current laws, anybody who is currently 23 or younger(and counting) must have a card. I think every person should be required to take boater education and have a boaters license to operate a vessel.In 20 years, if a 43 year old man buys his first boat, he will have to take boaters ed and get a card. Why shouldn't 43 year olds now have to take the course? I see no difference in the need of a boaters license and a drivers license for all people behind the wheel. It doesn't take that long or cost that much to take the course and get the license. Everybody would be safer and more knowledgable that way.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: FXfromTx
hard as it is to say a LOT of people nowdays need some type of boater/boat driving training. Hell you have complete a-holes in boats doing 70+ mph and they dont have a clue about driving on water.

I couldn't agree more.
"Anyone born on or after September 1, 1993 wishing to operate any vessel over 15 horsepower, wind-blown vessel over 14 feet and all personal watercraft must take boater education."

Above is hands down the dumbest sentence in the TPWD handbook I have ever seen. I took my boater's education as a young kid. If I remember correctly, at the time the requirement was for anyone under 16 to take the course. Per current laws, anybody who is currently 23 or younger(and counting) must have a card. I think every person should be required to take boater education and have a boaters license to operate a vessel.In 20 years, if a 43 year old man buys his first boat, he will have to take boaters ed and get a card. Why shouldn't 43 year olds now have to take the course? I see no difference in the need of a boaters license and a drivers license for all people behind the wheel. It doesn't take that long or cost that much to take the course and get the license. Everybody would be safer and more knowledgable that way. [/quote]

So with this logic, a driver's license prevents auto accidents?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

I couldn't agree more.

Above is hands down the dumbest sentence in the TPWD handbook I have ever seen. I took my boater's education as a young kid. If I remember correctly, at the time the requirement was for anyone under 16 to take the course. Per current laws, anybody who is currently 23 or younger(and counting) must have a card. I think every person should be required to take boater education and have a boaters license to operate a vessel.In 20 years, if a 43 year old man buys his first boat, he will have to take boaters ed and get a card. Why shouldn't 43 year olds now have to take the course? I see no difference in the need of a boaters license and a drivers license for all people behind the wheel. It doesn't take that long or cost that much to take the course and get the license. Everybody would be safer and more knowledgable that way.

[/quote] it would have to prevent many yes or would it be best that no one ever had any training to get a drivers license? Plus boats and very fast boats on the water are a total different thing than a vehicle.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13
I posted a link earlier this spring, but always a good idea to go ahead and take the free boater safety course to brush up on the rules of the water. It certainly can't hurt! Pass it on to all you know, if people act like they know it and don't need to take it, challenge them to take it and see how many they get it wrong.... we can sit here all day long and talk about the way things should have been handled, or we can search for a way to inform others to ensure that it doesn't continue to happen. Prayers for a speedy recovery to all involved.

https://www.boatus.org/texas/

There should be a sticky with a link to the boaters safety course.i owned a boat for 2 years before I took one
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 02:15 AM

I grew up around boats thanks to my papa. He taught me more than boater safety, he taught me how to respect the water. Prayers up for all involved- it will surely haunt their minds for a long time.
Posted By: Raskydoo

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I grew up around boats thanks to my papa. He taught me more than boater safety, he taught me how to respect the water. Prayers up for all involved- it will surely haunt their minds for a long time.

IMO, best post of 'em all!!!

"How to respect the water"...A lot of substance in those 5 words.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 02:36 AM

My son is 14 so is this the boater course he takes so he can drive the boat? Thank it is the right course
Posted By: Rog

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:30 AM

Wrong side of the buoys????

They aren't a white line highway stripe and some put you in or way close to timber if you stay on the "right" side at certain water levels.

Its thinking the rules on the highway supersede the nautical rules where the problem starts. Like when guys cut left in front of oncoming boats to stay right on top of the buoys on the "right" side. The buoys are just general guides where open lanes to run "may" exist as the buoys do and have moved over time.

I hope all are doing well and prayers out for quick recovery to the injured gentleman.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

I couldn't agree more.

[/quote]

Give me a break, you can't be serious. No a driver's license itself doesn't prevent accidents but the things you must learn to get that driver's license sure can prevent accidents. I don't see how anybody could argue that point. Many boating accidents are caused by people not knowing who is the give-way vessel or other basic skills that are taught in boater's education courses. I'm in no way saying that boater's ed could've prevented this accident because I wasn't there and I have no idea what exactly happened. For all I know they could've both been Boater Ed Certified and just not seen one another. I have, however witnessed a couple accidents that could've been prevented by basic knowledge that people would learn if Boater's Ed was a requirement. I see no reason why Boater's Ed would be different than Driver's Ed.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Good Lord how in the Sam hill does this happen especially in that area? It is all wide open down there. Hope all is well.

Sound like either drugs or alchohol was involved.

Any charges?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 11:00 AM

It looks to me like he was hit from behind. Can anyone confirm?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Rog

They aren't a white line highway stripe and some put you in or way close to timber if you stay on the "right" side at certain water levels.

Its thinking the rules on the highway supersede the nautical rules where the problem starts. Like when guys cut left in front of oncoming boats to stay right on top of the buoys on the "right" side. The buoys are just general guides where open lanes to run "may" exist as the buoys do and have moved over time.

I hope all are doing well and prayers out for quick recovery to the injured gentleman.

The folks I'm talking about are out on the main lake. Those buoys are intended to be run just like the highway, stay to the right. I'm aware of some places in creeks and such where the buoys would put you in the timber, like the ones in Little Mustang and Williams. That's not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about straight line on the main lake.
Posted By: BassBlack

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 12:56 PM

Fouzman don't know if your just running the "main lake buoys" but, a lot! Of those bouys are pretty far off
as far as the gps boat lanes chip shows, so I wouldn't be banking on that theory. I really think it comes down to keeping your head on a swivel and watching out way ahead of where your going. I'm lucky enough to live
on Fork and just Monday guy hammer down under 515w bridge, as we've all witnessed just amazing there are not more accidents than there is.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 12:58 PM

I've been running the lake since long before the buoys were put out. And I have the boatlanes chip for an added measure of safety.
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Rog

The folks running the "wrong" side of the buoys are probably following the boat lanes chip and driving where the buoys are supposed to be, not where they have drifted to.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:49 PM

I drive a boat with the mindset similar to driving a motorcycle on the street. No one can see you and its your job to avoid trouble.
Posted By: tsspencer2887

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:55 PM

Here's the Texas Boater Safety Course.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Any charges?

Where did you hear drugs or alcohol were involved?
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:57 PM

Where I'm from you need to get a boater's license to drive one, which means you get an opportunity to learn the rules of engagement and all on the water. In Texas, well.. what do you expect?!?!

And to make it worse, we have abunch of people here complaining about others not knowing how to drive properly and yet to actually list the proper way to deal with those situations. And they think they are better for that?

Each one teach one.
stay safe
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed
I drive a boat with the mindset similar to driving a motorcycle on the street. No one can see you and its your job to avoid trouble.

Smart, I do the same.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Any charges?

I have only followed story on the TFF. From what I remember SRA is basically open water. If two boats collided on open water on a clear day it seems that some type of impairment could be the issue.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 02:49 PM

I run the lake all the time. I run a lot in places that are unmarked as well. But I always run with my head on a swivel, watching others around me. But there are a lot of idiots out there lately. And I honestly don't know how this happened in that open of water unless he was hot on his heels.
But either way, prayers for both parties involved. I hope the guy makes a full recovery, which it sounds like he will. And I hope the guys that did it, if anything, learned a valuable lesson out of this. It could have been way, way worse!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:33 PM

Bouys on Fork allow plenty of room on either side at all water levels,unless they have broken free and drift off. Definitely should treat them as a highway center line!
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:44 PM

Does anyone know how this happened?
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:47 PM

I think it would work a little better if you had to take a safety course in person and physically drive a boat with someone to certify you.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:48 PM

Hope all works out!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 03:50 PM

Any charges?

I have only followed story on the TFF. From what I remember SRA is basically open water. If two boats collided on open water on a clear day it seems that some type of impairment could be the issue.

Ya know what happens when you Assume.....
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 04:08 PM

Don't know if these boating rules apply to this accident or not but since the boat was damaged on the starboard back and side it could.

" Each boat should turn to starboard and pass port-to-port. When overtaking another boat the boat being overtaken is the privileged vessel. Only after signaling and receiving an acknowledgement can the overtaking boat pass. ( Use one blast to pass on the right and two blast to pass on the left )
I have never seen or heard of a passing boat signaling to pass and this happens a lot on Fork.

The first sentence applies to boats coming from opposite directions.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

Either someone was too old driving, too young, too drunk, too medicated, etc. Two boats just don't collide on open water in clear day unless something was out of whack.

Somebody screwed the pooch here.
Posted By: Andy W

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 05:07 PM

Everyone here is certified in all matters!!! Didn't get through a page and a half of expertism before giving up. I pray everyone involved is ok.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

Either someone was too old driving, too young, too drunk, too medicated, etc. Two boats just don't collide on open water in clear day unless something was out of whack.

Somebody screwed the pooch here.
Maybe he was middle aged and illiterate too, who knows, just hope everyone is ok. Far as a safety course goes it might help but look at these people driving cars, they take a driving test and some of them still can't drive.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 05:36 PM

dont know any details but looks like it was hit from the rear, almost like one boat was following the other and the front boat killed the power and the rear boat didnt react quick enough, but just speculation.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 05:44 PM

Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 07:34 PM

It seems most people that I notice on the wrong side of the main lake buoys are almost always looking at their electronics and their route markers. Their screens shows the path they made going and they run same path coming. So that puts them on the wrong side sooner or later.

Just what I notice.....As far as the wreck, we all need to be more careful so many boaters so few routes. God bless James C. being in the right spot...

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/01/17 09:52 PM

That's my thinking...if the hit boat slowed a boat following too close will have a hard time getting out of the wake..ain't no brakes on a boat and steering sucks when you're off the throttle. My head is on a swivel anytime I go to change course or slow down on a lake. Too many people run your wake these days.

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
And I honestly don't know how this happened in that open of water unless he was hot on his heels.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 01:07 AM

does anybody have an update on the condition of the people that were injured??

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 01:41 AM

Do some of ya'll really have that many issues running on Fork on normal days? Other than big bass events I can't say I really have any boat lane issues or craziness out here. I'm here a lot. I find more on the water stupidity on DFW area lakes by far.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 03:15 AM

Do some of ya'll really have that many issues running on Fork on normal days? Other than big bass events I can't say I really have any boat lane issues or craziness out here. I'm here a lot. I find more on the water stupidity on DFW area lakes by far.

No and you described it to a T.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 03:24 AM

I've only been to fork once... Only time I've ran boat lanes. So what is the right and wrong side of the buoys to run?
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 03:44 AM

and if the bouys are way off should the SRA re-position them to where they are suppose to be for safety issues.
Posted By: champ 198

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 03:45 AM

I think they are saying stay to the right.
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
I've only been to fork once... Only time I've ran boat lanes. So what is the right and wrong side of the buoys to run?
Posted By: stringwise

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 04:51 AM

What I am constantly amazed by is all the nimrods on Fork who haven't a clue about navigating in a crowd. I was there Friday through yesterday and, as always, saw it all. The most common errors I see are folks running the wrong side of the buoys...

Do you feel this is actually an error? I feel that guys running $50,000+ bass boats on Fork must know which side of the buoys to run on, but they choose to drive wherever they want. I could be wrong and have thought about turning around and asking some folks but have a feeling how that might turn out.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 05:14 AM

sounds like was older man out with his grand kids and I dont care who you are and what your boat cost everyone even if an a hole deserves respect on the water.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 10:57 AM

I know I plan to be very defensive and observant in driving on Fork for the upcoming Skeeter Owners. I'm being taken outta my element for this tourney. I like nice, quiet weekdays to go fishing. Gonna spread and my wings and crash in this one...I mean cash!
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 01:12 PM

Wow lots of damage, hope all persons involved are ok. Prayers to the boat owner in these pictures.
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 01:45 PM

I'm 63 and have had a bass boat since the early 80''s (they wouldn't run 70mph back then) and just took a free boater safety course on line. Took me about 3 hrs actual course time over 4 or 5 days. Don't necessarily think it will prevent me being in an accident but I learned some things I did not know. Course covered a bunch of stuff you may never need but is time well invested. We never get too old or too smart to learn. However, nothing will replace being alert and careful watching out for others.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 05:02 PM

Could have been mechanical issues, could have been operator error. Either way it's a good thing they ain't dragging for bodies.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: GRUMPS
I'm 63 and have had a bass boat since the early 80''s (they wouldn't run 70mph back then) and just took a free boater safety course on line. Took me about 3 hrs actual course time over 4 or 5 days. Don't necessarily think it will prevent me being in an accident but I learned some things I did not know. Course covered a bunch of stuff you may never need but is time well invested. We never get too old or too smart to learn. However, nothing will replace being alert and careful watching out for others.

Could you post a link to this course? Maybe it could help some.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: steve Mbass
Originally Posted By: GRUMPS

Could you post a link to this course? Maybe it could help some.

BoatUS Boating Safety Course

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
and if the bouys are way off should the SRA re-position them to where they are suppose to be for safety issues.

The buoys south of 515 east have moved east really close to the timber just south of the bridge. When the water goes down be careful running on the east side of them (right side of them going north). I do not run to the right of the buoys going north there.

Mouth of Williams has some big stumps right by buoy marked by orange buoys.

I tend to run to the right of the buoys when possible as I know people treat them like a center dividing line but I seldom run the buoys at all south of 515 west and 154.

All need to follow right of way rules regardless if near the lane marker buoys or not .......
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 09:18 PM

Saw on the book where the man in the accident passed away today. Prayers to the families.
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 09:20 PM

Prayers sent for all involved

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Beast From The East
Saw on the book where the man in the accident passed away today. Prayers to the families.

Wow, That's bad news.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 09:23 PM

Prayers to all involved.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 09:45 PM

Oh wow, prayers for the family.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 11:28 PM

One individual involved has been called home to the Lord. Rest In Peace Jack
Posted By: Tc24

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 11:36 PM

That's sad news...

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/02/17 11:39 PM

Sad to hear... Prayers for all involved
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 12:02 AM

Prayers sent to the family and friends.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 12:33 AM

angel
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 12:35 AM

what is "the book" ???
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

what is "the book" ???

Facebook
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:51 AM

what is "the book" ???

Facebook

Which FB page? Amazing that there hasn't been any info on what happened considering if it's true that a person died from this accident.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: jackmason

what is "the book" ???

Facebook

Which FB page? Amazing that there hasn't been any info on what happened considering if it's true that a person died from this accident.

It's on James Caldemeyer's Facebook page
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 02:04 AM

Makes me sick to hear this. RIP and prayers for his family.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: jackmason

I do not believe anyone witnessed the accident. There is talk that people heard it and saw the aftermath.
The only people that know exactly what happened are the people in the boats that were involved. Then again,
they may not fully understand or remember. Someone lost their life and several peoples lives have changed
forever. If the info comes out on what exactly happened, hopefully it can be a learning experience for all
and a big wake up call for people to pay attention and learn how to operate their boats and respect others.

Hopefully, people will learn boats do not have brakes and they shouldn't be in such a hurry to catch fish.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 02:45 AM

prayers
Posted By: Slade

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 03:55 AM

Such a sad situation, that could have easily happened to any of us.

I am really surprised there isn't a course that is required for boater safety. Lake Fork can be crazy at times, but Mark Perry is right, I fish Joe Pool all the time and it is nuts out there with all the wake boards, skiers, jet ski's, drinking on the party boats (and those things are massive & fast) and I see a lot of young people flying around the lake w/o life jackets and it is dangerous. Prayers to all involved, its very sad and hits too close to home.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 04:48 AM

so sad. prayers up.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Slade
Such a sad situation, that could have easily happened to any of us.

I am really surprised there isn't a course that is required for boater safety. Lake Fork can be crazy at times, but Mark Perry is right, I fish Joe Pool all the time and it is nuts out there with all the wake boards, skiers, jet ski's, drinking on the party boats (and those things are massive & fast) and I see a lot of young people flying around the lake w/o life jackets and it is dangerous. Prayers to all involved, its very sad and hits too close to home.

On a holiday weekend I think pool is worse than fork.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:15 PM

Prayers up.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:32 PM

When I moved to Alabama, I couldn't use my boat until I passed a boater safety course and took the approved paperwork to have an endorsement added to my DL.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishin' Nut
When I moved to Alabama, I couldn't use my boat until I passed a boater safety course and took the approved paperwork to have an endorsement added to my DL.

That's just a revenue maker for the state
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 04:20 PM

The man who died was my wife's Uncle Jack. We got word of this last night and I assumed the wreck was yesterday. He died of his injuries yesterday from my understanding. Jack was a good man, great fisherman, and highly respected. He was taking two neighborhood kids fishing as a graduation gift to them for completing High School. I only have very limited info on the actual accident. The account I've received is that the boater approached at high speed from the front and was waved off on the first pass. As Jack and kids were fishing stationary the boat came back around from behind. This time they were not able to flag the go-fast driver off. I got word that possible manslaughter due to alcohol may be a possibility. It's real hard getting info now due to ongoing investigation.

Addressing the other posts about boating, boat drivers, etc... I am a licensed master captain of 80 Tons. Formerly 300 Ton Master. It is absolutely insane what I see going on while just out fishing inland lakes. 90% of the boaters I see on the water break maritime laws simply because they don't know there are laws on how to overtake other vessels. There are laws that dictate how close you can be to another vessel when underway! There are rules of the road in boating just like rules of the road on land. I truly wish everyone had to get a drivers license to operate a motor vessel just like driving a motor vehicle. This wouldn't stop a BWI driver but would decrease many boating accidents due to uninformed, uneducated boaters. That's my soapbox speech. So, let's all try and be safer and more courteous out there. Hopefully other families will be able to keep their Uncle Jack. If anyone has any other info on this accident please PM me. Thanks! Curtis
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 04:24 PM

Sorry for your loss, praying for you and your family.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Littlefeather
The man who died was my wife's Uncle Jack. We got word of this last night and I assumed the wreck was yesterday. He died of his injuries yesterday from my understanding. Jack was a good man, great fisherman, and highly respected. He was taking two neighborhood kids fishing as a graduation gift to them for completing High School. I only have very limited info on the actual accident. The account I've received is that the boater approached at high speed from the front and was waved off on the first pass. As Jack and kids were fishing stationary the boat came back around from behind. This time they were not able to flag the go-fast driver off. I got word that possible manslaughter due to alcohol may be a possibility. It's real hard getting info now due to ongoing investigation.

Sorry to hear that.

I was thinking some type of impairment was involved due to location and conditions of the day.
Posted By: eyeball

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 05:03 PM

Speed demons trying to pass another slower boat from behind forget they have no brakes when the guy ahead trys to turn into a cove or slow suddenly to fish a spot.
Posted By: eyeball

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 05:18 PM

Sorry to hear of this tragedy, LF. I had posted the above before reading the entire thread. My apology. Take care.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 05:24 PM

Prayers to the families of those involved.
Not saying this is what happened as nobody knows just yet.
Locally I see it all the time, people drinking and talking and even the captain piloting the boat is facing rearward talking and laughing not paying attention to where the boat is going....Throw in speed and a crowded lake it's a disaster waiting to happen.
In a lot of cases a boating course wouldn't do any good, and too bad there isn't a course on common sense.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 05:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear of this tragedy, LF. I had posted the above before reading the entire thread. My apology. Take care.
It's ok. Thanks

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 06:21 PM

Prayers to the family. Sad news...... I presumed drugs, guns and/or alcohol when I heard they left scene. Usually the case to dump evidence, driver, or contraband ....try to sober up and then call. Also sounds like it may have been intentional as from story above the boat turned around and came back after passing too close......
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 06:39 PM

Thanks for the link. I just signed up for the course.
Posted By: FWFish

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 07:02 PM

Horrible news, sorry.
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 07:04 PM

Addressing the other posts about boating, boat drivers, etc... I am a licensed master captain of 80 Tons. Formerly 300 Ton Master. It is absolutely insane what I see going on while just out fishing inland lakes. 90% of the boaters I see on the water break maritime laws simply because they don't know there are laws on how to overtake other vessels. There are laws that dictate how close you can be to another vessel when underway! There are rules of the road in boating just like rules of the road on land. I truly wish everyone had to get a drivers license to operate a motor vessel just like driving a motor vehicle. This wouldn't stop a BWI driver but would decrease many boating accidents due to uninformed, uneducated boaters. That's my soapbox speech. So, let's all try and be safer and more courteous out there. Hopefully other families will be able to keep their Uncle Jack. If anyone has any other info on this accident please PM me. Thanks! Curtis

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers and peace be with you and all of your family.

I agree one hundred percent about learning safety. Just bought my first boat end of last year. I have signed up for the boater course even though I am only on one lake, and the backwaters usually.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 08:25 PM

That is terrible. Sorry for you and your family.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 08:42 PM

Thanks guys! Bilbo, good for you for educating yourself. A step in a very positive direction!

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 09:36 PM

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 09:36 PM

Another idiot in a boat that was drinking takes an innocent life, man what an unfair world we live in. Sorry for your wifes loss Littlefeather. Hopefully the guy that did it will pay.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 09:49 PM

Prayers for your family Littlefeather. A tragedy.
Posted By: Chato

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 10:07 PM

Another idiot in a boat that was drinking takes an innocent life, man what an unfair world we live in. Sorry for your wifes loss Littlefeather. Hopefully the guy that did it will pay.

If the boat did indeed pass and then circle back around then strike boat due to anger this person needs to go jail for a long time..this is not right..FORK is a fishing lake always has been
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/03/17 11:10 PM

Prayers to all...just horrible!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 12:52 AM

It should be murder charges if the boat passed them first and then came back around and hit them from behind.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
It should be murder charges if the boat passed them first and then came back around and hit them from behind.

And that is why people shouldn't listen to the keyboard commandos on here always preaching to take care of it on the water. Not that it is necessarily what happened in this case but could end with the same results non the less.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo

In a lot of cases a boating course wouldn't do any good, and too bad there isn't a course on common sense.

In the words of Ron White, "You can't fix stupid..."
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 03:00 AM

I was not there so I will wait to pass judgement. I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was good man taking the kids out for a day on the water. I am glad the 2 young men were not hurt. It could have been much worse. You are not promised tomorrow and this shows how quickly life can change. On June 17th of last year my step father had a heart attack near Rusk and hot a tree at 70 mph. My little girl was in the truck and broke her back had lacerated kidney, spleen and stomach. I am a lucky man to have her alive. Praying for both Families.. Life's changed forever.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 03:20 AM

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends!
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 12:27 PM

Was the other guy caught?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 12:38 PM

Prayers for your family, Littlefeather. Very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 02:27 PM

So sorry for your loss sir. You make awesome points about safety...I could not believe this weekend how many people run and or sit without lights in the dark. I was on the water at 5:15 am Friday Saturday and Sunday and saw a different boat every morning sitting or running without lights in the pitch dark...unreal.

Prayers for the family.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 02:53 PM

Unreal, this should be one of the safest places on earth, I can't understand anger and fishing, seems they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence together.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 03:15 PM

Prayers for ALL involved.

While I always pray for comfort for the victims and their families, I also pray for wisdom and love to follow the perpetrators. I agree that they deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but it is only through wisdom and love that they will find the error of their ways and the strength to better themselves. I also pray that everyone who sees this story is impacted by it so that we can prevent similar instances in the future.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 05:47 PM

Was the other guy caught?

I can't find any news reports about it

The poster who said he is related said at the time it was hard to get information due to it being an ongoing investigation.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/05/17 05:53 PM

I spent Sat morning with the wardens. From what I picked up, they know who was involved. They were going out that afternoon to do more investigation. There were a ton of people involved in the investigation.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 12:18 AM

In case anyone's interested, here's the link to the official Texas online boater certification course:

https://www.boat-ed.com/texas/
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 01:57 AM

I have never had a problem running on Fork and I fish out there quite a bit also.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 11:52 AM

There has still been no info released. My wife talked to Jacks daughter last night and she is getting all her news here or from the marina. Ongoing investigation. No other news for the family. txduckhunter just provided about as good of info as we are getting. Thankst

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 12:21 PM

There has still been no info released. My wife talked to Jacks daughter last night and she is getting all her news here or from the marina. Ongoing investigation. No other news for the family. txduckhunter just provided about as good of info as we are getting. Thankst

That's a little odd. It's been 7 day since the accident.

I wonder why it's being kept out of the news?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 12:26 PM

Because it's an active investigation and TPWD never releases any details until their investigators/accident reconstruction team have finished their work. They know who the man is that hit the Skeeter from behind. He left the scene and did not return, but was waiting for the Game Wardens at a marina when they arrived. That's all I know. If charges are to be filed, it will happen once the investigation is complete and the DA issues a warrant for his arrest.

Remember the accident by the 515 ramp last year where both guys were thrown out of a Skeeter and the passenger drowned? The driver had a BAC of .168 but was indicted and turned himself in to the Wood County Sheriff a couple months later.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 12:47 PM

Because it's an active investigation and TPWD never releases any details until their investigators/accident reconstruction team have finished their work. They know who the man is that hit the Skeeter from behind. He left the scene and did not return, but was waiting for the Game Wardens at a marina when they arrived. That's all I know. If charges are to be filed, it will happen once the investigation is complete and the DA issues a warrant for his arrest.

Remember the accident by the 515 ramp last year where both guys were thrown out of a Skeeter and the passenger drowned? The driver had a BAC of .168 but was indicted and turned himself in to the Wood County Sheriff a couple months later.

Yea, I get that. But there isn't a mention anywhere on the news or papers about there being a boat wreck, or fatality, or possible charges.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/06/17 01:01 PM

this is simply beyond me...how do you leave the scene? What the hell is wrong with people man. You friggin run someone over and leave them to die. Man that's insane to me - is that what I am reading here?

Like RedRanger said...I am surprised this hasn't hit the news no matter how vague the info is. This is a shocking chain of events.
Posted By: POPPA

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/24/17 03:27 PM

any update on how this happened?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/24/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: POPPA

I can't find anything, it appears as if mum's the word..........
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/25/17 12:23 AM

Very sorry to read this today. Prayers to all...
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/25/17 12:27 AM

Happened on May 30, go back and read from the start.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/25/17 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Happened on May 30, go back and read from the start.

I have read it from the start more than once, I am waiting on a police report or a news report or a newspaper report about it. It's been a months, seem like there would at least be more information about it.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 06/26/17 01:53 AM

Wow, I had read this posting and knew about the wreck but I guess I didn't follow it long enough. Had no idea that there had been a death involved. Prayers to the family.

Definitely a strange set of circumstances.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 07/24/17 03:22 PM

Has anyone heard what the results of this investigation is? It's been almost 2 months now and there are rumors swirling around Fork but no good information.

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 07/24/17 03:31 PM

Investigations on collisions involving death typically take more than a couple months. And news of same will not be released to the public until after a Grand Jury has reviewed all evidence and decides whether an indictment is warranted or not.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/15/21 09:59 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20160930a

https://collintx.mugshots.zone/roche-david-michael-mugshot-07-09-2021/
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/15/21 10:13 PM

That p o s needs to be killed. 3rd DUI and he's already murdered 1 person. F him and f the local judge for allowing this worthless s o b to still breathe air...
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/15/21 10:18 PM

ugh sick
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/15/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by bassmanrudy
That p o s needs to be killed. 3rd DUI and he's already murdered 1 person. F him and f the local judge for allowing this worthless s o b to still breathe air...

100% agree!
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/15/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by BriannShell
Originally Posted by bassmanrudy

100% agree!

Have at it boys.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/16/21 12:03 AM

If he had been running 70 in heavy fog and sober, it would just be an unfortunate accident. Don't drink and drive.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/16/21 12:33 AM

Why are we even bringing this back up?

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/16/21 01:49 AM

What you are posting is not the same as the thread is talking about. The two
links above have nothing to do with this thread. The accident in this thread happened May 30th, 2017 not July 9th, 2016
Posted By: 361V

Re: Boat wreck on Fork today - 12/16/21 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Why are we even bringing this back up?
No kidding
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum