Texas Fishing Forum

Possum kingdom

Posted By: racinrebel38

Possum kingdom - 05/29/17 11:43 PM

Headed out at the end of the week for a family camping trip. Haven't been to it since before the fish kill. Any idea of water color and how the fishing has been?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 12:28 AM

I have been 4 times in last 2 weeks or so.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 12:35 AM

Water is pretty clear and the fishing has been great.
Posted By: racinrebel38

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 12:43 AM

Thanks for the help. In looking forward to a fun weekend.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

Dynamite report!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

Dynamite report!

Yep, very informative!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 01:34 AM

I caught several large mouths early morning working top water's for Stripers in shallow water. We boated 14 fish in an hour, all were over 3 pounds, and a few were over 5 lbs. They are fat and healthy for sure. They were also hitting swim baits about as good as the top water's.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 01:35 AM

I went to PK today. It's been two months since I've been there and the fish are still shallow.
Caught around 20-25, Lotsa good solid fish to about 18 inches. Then went to a deep point that I fish a lot for Stripers, caught three of them, all around 22-24 inches. I was done by 11:00Am and heading for home. It's so good to see PK in this condition. All of these 2-3 lb fish are going to be fun next year!

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 01:36 AM

I went to PK today. It's been two months since I've been there and the fish are still shallow.
Caught around 20-25, Lotsa good solid fish to about 18 inches. Then went to a deep point that I fish a lot for Stripers, caught three of them, all around 22-24 inches. I was done by 11:00Am and heading for home. It's so good to see PK in this condition. All of these 2-3 lb fish are going to be fun next year!
water was super clear.
Posted By: Jswanz58

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 02:26 AM

I hate pk
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 06:05 AM

Fishing has been good the last couple of weeks. Water is pretty clear from bluff all the way to the dam. I've used top water 99% of the time. Striper action has been really good in the morning too.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 10:35 AM

surprised you didn't say look for the hydrilla

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10

That was only funny when there wasn't any now it's not funny .
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/30/17 11:22 PM

Fishing is great right now. Whatever you like to do.

The larger fish have moved off pretty good. But still some good numbers and a few solid fish shallow in the secondary growth.

Weigh less senko will get you bit shallow. Been catching some good size fish 15-20' on Carolina rigs.

Still some big females up around the marina docks swimming with fry
Posted By: aggieangler03

Re: Possum kingdom - 05/31/17 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10

That was only funny when there wasn't any now it's not funny .

Yep. There's a reason the water is so clear.

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

The larger fish have moved off pretty good. But still some good numbers and a few solid fish shallow in the secondary growth.

Weigh less senko will get you bit shallow. Been catching some good size fish 15-20' on Carolina rigs.

Fished today and this is pretty much what I saw. Except I don't think the females were with fry, I think it was balls of shad fry. Either way lake is fishing great.

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 01:33 AM

Oh and can't figure out why larger events are not held here. Lake holds fish from one end to the other! Plenty of motels close by.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 01:38 AM

Oh and can't figure out why larger events are not held here. Lake holds fish from one end to the other! Plenty of motels close by.

Ive wondered the same thing. I grew up on the lake, and am always amazed that you can go everywhere on the lake and catch fish. I've fished almost every tourney there this year and it's no fluke that catching 18-19lbs doesn't even get your entry fee back.

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 12:19 PM

I don't know about that.
I guess if you dont mind paying $135.00 at Hideaway, or $200 a night at Harbor one, of course you can drive all the way around to the other side of the lake and try Bass Hollow or Fox Hollow and stay in some of those World War 2 cabins that they have.
I wish someone would invest in a shore line marina and motel that doesn't cost over $100 a night on the East side. I think it would stay booked all the time. Wouldn't a covered boat slip be nice!

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

Fished today and this is pretty much what I saw. Except I don't think the females were with fry, I think it was balls of shad fry. Either way lake is fishing great.

Yep

Re: Possum kingdom - 06/01/17 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler

I don't know about that.
I guess if you dont mind paying $135.00 at Hideaway, or $200 a night at Harbor one, of course you can drive all the way around to the other side of the lake and try Bass Hollow or Fox Hollow and stay in some of those World War 2 cabins that they have.
I wish someone would invest in a shore line marina and motel that doesn't cost over $100 a night on the East side. I think it would stay booked all the time. Wouldn't a covered boat slip be nice!

I'm pretty sure the math won't work out well on this plan at that lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum