Texas Fishing Forum

non ethanol gas!!!!!!!

Posted By: bluebonnet2

non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 02:48 PM

good morning,

looks like the remodeled murphy oil at wally world on 59 north in marshall, TEXAS will have non ethanol regular at their new pumps.....check last night and that's whats on the pumps.....YEEEESSSSS !!!!!

will keep you posted.....

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: Cast

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 03:14 PM

Wow, cool. I have to drive to Bowie to get mine. What's the price? Bowie is $2.41.
Posted By: D Egge

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 04:04 PM

The Centex in Gainsville has non ethanol... It was $2.39 last time I went up there....
Posted By: Brad R

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 04:14 PM

This seems to be updated based on some of the most recent "adds" to the list.

Most of you likely have seen this before, a list of all the non-ethanol stations.

Brad

Pure Gas

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 04:17 PM

If I owned a gas station I'd sell ONLY ethanol free gas and get filthy rich. I like the co-op where I get it in Bowie. It accepts all CC and has no real overhead (employees). Great idea for an investment.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 05:56 PM

Wish Perry and Trump would do away with Ethanol fish
Posted By: pil,b

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 05:57 PM

Posted By: reeltexan

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 06:13 PM

amen to all of the above.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b

Me too but with all the money that big oil invested in ethanol plants and production it won't ever happen.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 06:51 PM

Our ethanol free gas is $2.50 a gallon, always about $0.40 a gallon more. You do feel the difference in cost, but whatever, fishing isn't cheap anyways.
Posted By: Court

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/11/17 11:46 PM

FYI, Lake Fork area Yamaha 250 SHO owners, StarMart on 515 now has 91 octane non ethanol! Only place I have found with mid grade non-E gas.
Posted By: killabooner

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 12:39 AM

Walmart / Murphy on S. Main in Weatherford has it as well.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: 2-chip
The Centex in Gainsville has non ethanol... It was $2.39 last time I went up there....

They also have it just west of 35 on HWY 82, Enderby maybe ? cant remember the name
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Court
FYI, Lake Fork area Yamaha 250 SHO owners, StarMart on 515 now has 91 octane non ethanol! Only place I have found with mid grade non-E gas.

If your going through Winnsboro Winkle Oil has all three grades, they sell only non-e-gas
Posted By: SC-001

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: killabooner
Alot of the Murphy USA station at wal-mart now have 0% ethanol pumps.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 04:29 PM

$2.33 @ Shell in Knoxville.....
Posted By: Ryno

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 04:48 PM

If you are using 100% gas is there a reason to use seafoam or stabil?
Posted By: RayBob

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryno

Can't hurt but the decarbonizing effect seems well worth it. Any gas will build up carbon deposits.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: killabooner
Alot of the Murphy USA station at wal-mart now have 0% ethanol pumps.

The ones I've seen, and Buccee's too, only carry 87 octane 0%.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 08:06 PM

Court, how much ?
Posted By: prospec1

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 08:24 PM

Lake Fork Resort sells non-e gas

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/12/17 10:14 PM

2.41 in Bowie.
Posted By: Court

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Court, how much ?

3$!!!, I hate that, I was excited before I saw the price as I live right there. What do you run in your SHO when Yamaha recommends 91 and you would like 0%
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 12:23 AM

I don't like ethanol but it hasn't hurt my pro xs any.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 12:52 AM

Anyone know where to get it between Dallas and Cedar creek lake off of 175 ?

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Toadrustler

Until you see the inside of your fuel lines, vst and pulse pump...
Posted By: 361V

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Does not get much easier than this: http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 01:34 AM

roflmao what grout-scout said. As far as the SHO's go not sure if they've been built to handle 10% ethanol like all newer automobiles but if your running any 2-stroke ethanol is the devil, you better at least be running additives to combat it.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 12:15 PM

roflmao what grout-scout said. As far as the SHO's go not sure if they've been built to handle 10% ethanol like all newer automobiles but if your running any 2-stroke ethanol is the devil, you better at least be running additives to combat it.
508 hrs on a 13 200 pro xs. All I put in is ring free with every fill up. It goes to service marine with an open check book once a year for service. They always treat me fair and I feel they are the best service department in east Texas. It's had a couple very minor repairs under warranty. Other than that it's either running wide open or idling.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 01:45 PM

508 hrs on a 13 200 pro xs. All I put in is ring free with every fill up. It goes to service marine with an open check book once a year for service. They always treat me fair and I feel they are the best service department in east Texas. It's had a couple very minor repairs under warranty. Other than that it's either running wide open or idling.

Yes sir, that's good and all; but the ethanol is not seen on the outside. It starts by eating the old grey/orange letter fuel line and then crystallizes causing plugged up everything. If your shop is good, then they changed to the new grey/blue letter fuel line, cleaned the vst & rebuilt the pulse pump. If they didn't do that... Then they aren't all that great.

Ring free is for carbon buildup, has nothing to do with the ethanol issue. There's other products to help that.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Yes sir, that's good and all; but the ethanol is not seen on the outside. It starts by eating the old grey/orange letter fuel line and then crystallizes causing plugged up everything. If your shop is good, then they changed to the new grey/blue letter fuel line, cleaned the vst & rebuilt the pulse pump. If they didn't do that... Then they aren't all that great.

Ring free is for carbon buildup, has nothing to do with the ethanol issue. There's other products to help that.
all I do is run it. I am fully aware of what ring free does. And like I said I have put quite a few hours on that motor with ethanol fuel and no additives. It pushes my p2 over 70 anytime I want. Starts every time and gives me zero issues.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 02:40 PM

Our ethanol free gas is $2.50 a gallon, always about $0.40 a gallon more. You do feel the difference in cost, but whatever, fishing isn't cheap anyways.

I see you're in Boerne... where's this at?
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 02:55 PM

What additive are you guys putting in for 250SHO?

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 02:56 PM

Court, how much ?

$ 2.79 for 91 octane at Starmart on FM 515, $ 2.59 for 87 octane down the road at Fishermen one stop.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 03:42 PM

Mustang Resort also sells non ethanol gas!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 04:00 PM

I don't have anything to add to this thread, except I agree that Service Marine is the best shop in East Texas.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 2-chip

Lived in the Jackson MS area for 20 years fished for 15 and non-ethanol gas was at every station around the Rez. Moved here in Dec. filled up twice...NEED A NEW POWER HEAD. Thankful to see this!! Will be driving from Sanger to fuel up from now on...

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 08:00 PM

Is this the old 'white gas' we used in our Coleman lanterns?

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbassdude

I see you're in Boerne... where's this at?

The Walmart, started carrying it several months ago when they re-did the gas station. I was shocked that the Bulverde Walmart didn't put the pumps in too.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/13/17 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork

Court, how much ?

$ 2.79 for 91 octane at Starmart on FM 515, $ 2.59 for 87 octane down the road at Fishermen one stop.

Thanks papa, I have a 150 SHO and it calls for 89 octane so I better go with 91. Heck, premium is running 2.79 so I much rather have the non-ethanol for that price.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 04/14/17 12:59 PM

Stopped at Starmart yesterday and the 91 octane is now $ 2.89 , still $ 2.59 for 87 octane around the lake but I'm sure it too will be going up soon.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 04:50 PM

Since Harvey seems like these Murphy USA stations are not getting ethanol free gas anymore. Does anyone know if the ValvTect branded fuels sold at some marinas is E0 gas?

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 07:02 PM

Since Harvey seems like these Murphy USA stations are not getting ethanol free gas anymore. Does anyone know if the ValvTect branded fuels sold at some marinas is E0 gas?

I don't know where you're talking about, but last time I was at one of the little marinas at Canyon they had non-ethanol. It was stupid expensive, somewheres around $4.00 a gallon while Murphy had it at $2.50"ish".
Posted By: bcshineon

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 07:58 PM

I use Ring Free Plus. It does the same as Ring Free but has ethanol treatment also.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 09:25 PM

I don't know where you're talking about, but last time I was at one of the little marinas at Canyon they had non-ethanol. It was stupid expensive, somewheres around $4.00 a gallon while Murphy had it at $2.50"ish".
This is the exception but not the rule in most of texas, there are a few counties that require an additive be added to E0 gas to "improve" emissions, it results in it being crazy high $.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 10:25 PM

This is the exception but not the rule in most of texas, there are a few counties that require an additive be added to E0 gas to "improve" emissions, it results in it being crazy high $.

That just might be it, I recall the sticker being a bit different than most gas stations; but I didn't pay that much attention to it.
Posted By: Monkeypuncher

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper

Only place I have found is at Causeway marina on Cedar Creek pkwy(334) before the first bridge.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/24/17 10:34 PM

Why spend the money? One of the benefits of that motor is you don't need premium fuel and you don't need ethanol free gas.

Yamaha's V6 4.2L four stroke V MAX SHO outboards don't require special fuel. The 250hp gets its best performance from mid-grade, 89 pump octane fuel, which is the octane most-readily found at on-water marinas. It can also be run on regular 87 pump octane fuel with only a slight decrease in performance. The 225hp and 200hp models are designed to operate "all day long" on regular 87 pump octane fuel. All of the V MAX Super High Output four stroke outboards are also designed to handle up to a 10% concentration of ethanol in the fuel.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/25/17 02:42 AM

Our Murphy just got a batch of non-ethanol delivered. Price was $2.96 eeks
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 09/25/17 01:13 PM

Our Murphy just got a batch of non-ethanol delivered. Price was $2.96 eeks

Thanks for the update, grout-scout.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/12/17 11:59 PM

I stopped at StarMart this morning to get some of this 91 octane non ethanol and there is none. They only have 87 non ethanol, 87 7% ethanol and 87 10% ethanol. I ask the lady inside and she said they have never had 91 octane non ethanol and doesn't think they even make it. She said all the boaters buy the 87 non ethanol. So here's my question, I'm running a 150 SHO and the manual recommends 89 octane. Will 87 non ethanol damage my engine ? I've been running 89 10% ethanol and using Startron with it. Does anyone know if they make a higher octane non ethanol ?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 12:06 AM

Don't think so on the higher octane non-E fuel, GIG'EM. Run the octane recommended for your motor and treat your fuel with Ring-Free and a good fuel stabilizer.

I've owned three SHO's and never a problem from any of them. Break them in right, do all recommended maintainence, warm them up properly then drive it like you stole it.

No idea if running a lower octane will damage or shorten the life of your SHO. That's a question to be answered by a certified Yammy tech.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 12:37 AM

I stopped at StarMart this morning to get some of this 91 octane non ethanol and there is none. They only have 87 non ethanol, 87 7% ethanol and 87 10% ethanol. I ask the lady inside and she said they have never had 91 octane non ethanol and doesn't think they even make it. She said all the boaters buy the 87 non ethanol. So here's my question, I'm running a 150 SHO and the manual recommends 89 octane. Will 87 non ethanol damage my engine ? I've been running 89 10% ethanol and using Startron with it. Does anyone know if they make a higher octane non ethanol ?

87 will not damage your engine. 89 is recommend for optimum, peak performance. As long as you use a good fuel treatment you can run 87.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Don't think so on the higher octane non-E fuel, GIG'EM. Run the octane recommended for your motor and treat your fuel with Ring-Free and a good fuel stabilizer.

I've owned three SHO's and never a problem from any of them. Break them in right, do all recommended maintainence, warm them up properly then drive it like you stole it.

No idea if running a lower octane will damage or shorten the life of your SHO. That's a question to be answered by a certified Yammy tech.

I see boats with 200's at Starmart all the time so I guess they have to be using 87. I follow my manual closely so I'm sticking with their recommendations on fuel and filters and I change them per their requirements too. I would prefer non ethanol but not at a reduced octane. Thanks for your reply Fouz.

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 12:59 AM

In case anyone is interested, Pure-Gas.org says Minnow Bucket has 87-89 octane ethanol free. Doesn't give a price.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 02:13 AM

Lower Octane will not harm your motor, The only thing that will happen you won't get full performance out of a motor that needs the higher octane. They have the same thing on the verado's
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryno

Using additives like Seafoam, Quikleen, or Ring free isn't for the gas you burn, its for the oil you burn.
Posted By: Ranger Ron

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 01:25 PM

Pete McCarty Oil in Marshall also has non-ethanol
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: non ethanol gas!!!!!!! - 10/13/17 02:13 PM

pure-gas.org says wch racing engines has ethonol free in 93 and 98 octane. That's on of the best websites/apps to use for finding some.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum