Texas Fishing Forum

Where are they?

Posted By: Capt. Jarod Peterson

Where are they? - 03/21/17 07:13 PM

Went to fork last weekend and didn't see a single bed fish. Same at Tyler and Holbrook. Any idea where the fish are or am I just blind? Wondering if other lakes have started spawning yet
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Where are they? - 03/21/17 07:15 PM

They were everywhere Sat and Sunday on fork. You sure you were on the right lake?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 01:25 PM

Quality sunglasses make a difference along with some calm water and sunlight. Sometimes they are difficult to see but watch for movement and shadows if they are not right on the bed.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 02:26 PM

Been on beds around here since early February.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 02:45 PM

Was cloudy on Pines Sat but when the sun would pop out saw a few beds. They weren't like perfect beds like you see in pics these were just partial open spots in the grass but you'd see a bass on em. Super spooky at least for me I didn't catch any off of a bed.

On Toledo 2 weeks ago I saw quite a few beds but only caught a couple. Again it was cloudy so harder to see. I had my green mirror lens on and left my amber lens in the truck. erggh lol!!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 02:47 PM

They were everywhere on Fork last weekend. Every cove we fished for 3 days had bed fish all in them. Water is dingy in a lot of places so you really had to check out the bed and make sure it had a fish on it. Sometimes you even had to flip in there and see if one shot off.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 02:56 PM

The colder weather last week had them acting weird at several lakes this past weekend.

Where I went on Saturday, the really shallow ones were buried deep in shallow vegetation. A few were on their beds, but it looked like they wanted vegetation on their backs and their bellies in the dirt. Scared a couple with a frog and pitching; but all they would do was nudge it.

Many had pulled way back and were suspending in 8-10fow at the edge of the creek channel--caught a few of those on jerkbaits and senkos and some nudges on bigger swimbaits; but the really shallow ones had lock jaw.

As I was leaving the lake, the sun started to shine through the clouds; I'm certain that's when they started biting well.
Posted By: Capt. Jarod Peterson

Re: Where are they? - 03/22/17 03:57 PM

Thx for all the input. I couldn't get close to a bed because of the 5000 boats on fork last weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum