Texas Fishing Forum

Normal fork questions

Posted By: Garett

Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 12:31 AM

Where should I put in tomorrow? Just got a brand new boat and looking to take my first trip to fork! Was hoping to get some info on what you guys are doing to catch right now? Should I just hide in a cove and look for beds?
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 12:40 AM

Let's us know how you do this weekend....
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 01:17 AM

Good luck hiding. Lake is crawlin with folks getting ready for Mega Bass. Enjoy your new boat.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 01:51 AM

First trip to Fork? New boat? Spring break during spawn? 1. Keep head on swivel. 2. Idle outside boat lanes. 3. When running boat lanes see #1 above. 4. 20 mph wind predicted can make Fork fairly treacherous b/c you have to run only boat lanes and can't adjust easily for wave angles. 5. Consider launching at Hideaway Harbor and fish all day in Little Caney. Idle everywhere unless you have the Lance Vick chip. Good luck.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 02:05 AM

Or launch at Pope's and stay in Big Mustang.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 02:24 AM

Is the lake really already covered up? I figured most of those folks just showed up Sunday and fished the bent pole pattern
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 02:27 AM

It's March...it's crowded
Posted By: less wind

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 02:48 AM

Enjoy the scratch that you are going to get on your maiden voyage,let us know how it all stumps out

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Even during the week?
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 03:16 AM

I was there Monday and put in at the public ramp by the minnow bucket. There were license plates from 6 different states in the parking lot.

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 03:42 AM

that's stupid ^^^^^^
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 12:04 PM

This week & next will be the busiest weeks of the year for Fork. Spring break for lots of folks.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 12:50 PM

I've been here for 4 days and haven't figured out anything consistent other than bed fishing and that's been tough too. The weather and pressure from other anglers has made it tough for me. I've seen on social media where others have done good, but every boater I've talked to has had a tough also.

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
This week & next will be the busiest weeks of the year for Fork. Spring break for lots of folks.

yep, didn't think about that, good point. Sounds like a good time to take a couple weeks off from her while all the Tom Foolery passes through.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BigHead248
I've been here for 4 days and haven't figured out anything consistent other than bed fishing and that's been tough too. The weather and pressure from other anglers has made it tough for me. I've seen on social media where others have done good, but every boater I've talked to has had a tough also.

10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish...
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 06:42 PM

Especially on The Fork... bang
Posted By: Gangster

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

Even during the week?

YES!!!!! I was out Tuesday and was amazed. I figured today and tomorrow would be hectic but the boat lanes on Tuesday looked like LBJ at 5 oclock.

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 10:39 PM

I counted over 110 trailers at the 3 public ramps I passed today
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 10:54 PM

90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake... I'm still trying to find the 10% bang
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/16/17 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I counted over 110 trailers at the 3 public ramps I passed today

That's insane, but I believe you.

Going on Saturday, only because I have some gear to donate to a high school fishing program.

Might as well stay and fish, but I'm going to the worst looking stump infested creek and tying up in 20fow.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Normal fork questions - 03/17/17 09:39 PM

Caught 30 fish the past 4 days fishing sun-up to sun-down. Most of those fish came in three spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum