Texas Fishing Forum

Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin

Posted By: TBassYates

Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 05:53 PM

I am fishing a RHBC tournament on Cypress Springs on Saturday and my buddy asked if I could meet with him for practice on Bob Sandlin on Sunday. I was looking for a place to stay Saturday night and remembered this place so I decided to call. For all of you older fishermen like me it is the place right across from the State Park that used to be Cherokee Junction which is where Century Bass Club and others ran tournaments out of there for a lot of years. Loved that place. I kind of had the feeling that is was now some sort of private retreat area but when speaking with the gentleman on the phone he was telling me they have motel rooms, cabins, tent sites, RV sites and they were all open to anyone. In fact he said they have had some bass clubs and other organizations run their tournaments out of their quite often these days. He sent me all of their info on their lodging and pricing looks to be pretty good and when I was down their fishing a tournament a few weeks ago I was noticing the place which seems to be really clean and kept up. Didn't know if anyone has stayed there recently but I am looking forward to checking out the rooms for future times down in that area and will report back next week after I spend the weekend down there.
Posted By: bassnbshane

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 06:19 PM

Do you have a link ?
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 06:29 PM

I did not know they were open to the public. It is a Lutheran Church "camp". Our men's group at my church usually goes there once a year for a retreat. I've gone men's group activities a few times but I have a place on Sandlin so I have never actually stayed there.

Just found their website: http://www.campshilohretreat.org
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 06:34 PM

campshilohretreat.org

I have the pricing sheet that I can email to anyone if you would like. I don't have one of my grandkids here to show me how to put it on a post and I am severely techno ignorant.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 06:36 PM

I got it for you TBassYates! smile
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 07:42 PM

It is a good place to stay. Texas Bass Couples has been using it for a couple of years to hold tournaments out of. Only bad thing is there is no TV.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 07:55 PM

No TV... not sure if thats a BAD thing or not...sounds like a perfect place to turn OFF phones & be AWAY from it all for a day or two & enjoy. How long has it been for most folks? Turn off TV,phones, etc.. & just relax.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Camp Shiloh at Bob Sandlin - 03/07/17 08:16 PM

Like Slim said, TBC have used it before! The only other bad thing is there is no place to beach your boat, but the ramp is big enough to load a couple of boats at a time!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum